Infamous: Second Son

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: Infamous: Second Son

Post by Lepo5 »

...are you pinching you're own clit there boy!
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I wish! :P
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

yep, yeah, fair cop, I also wish I was pinching your clit. (...just between us blokes)
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Yup, it looks reaaaaly nice. Really, really nice. I've never thought of myself as a graphics whore, but damn, ISS looks pretty.
Alright, it does look nice. It's pretty.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Playing through on 2nd play through, been an Evil Cunt is way more fun, destroy everyone and every thing without a care :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I feel like a prick... My sister owns this so I asked her what she thought about it. I then asked about frame rate and judder. She said she didn't notice it, but I know that now she is aware of it she is going to see it :(
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Another cool trick is to ask people if they're itchy because they look really itchy...then say it could be fleas.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

The more I play this game the less I like it. =/
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Felt the same was about the original inFamous. Have no idea why it became a popular franchise.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Heh. I'm on my third playthrough and still loving it. This will be my first Sony platinum trophy.
I think it's the smooth feel of the movement and the combat that keeps me playing it.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Third playthrough? Sounds pretty damn short.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Have you started your fourth playthrough yet?
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Just started playing the other day and loving it so far. It's one of those games that you think you played for an hour but you have actually played 3 hours of it because all the little things to do really make you want to get them all.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It is short, but everything feels within reach without being a huge chore.
Also, two playthroughs is really one, as I can't imagine anyone just playing through once as good or evil without doing the flipside.

mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Pretty smart adding the photo mode. Seeing a lot of amazing pictures.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

mech wrote:Pretty smart adding the photo mode. Seeing a lot of amazing pictures.
It's great and lazy PR to have gamers create the bullshots for you. :lol:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Wha? Bullshots? They're straight out of the game engine.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yeah Forza/GT photomode screens are straight out of the game engine too. :lol:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Cletus wrote:
Twiztid Elf wrote:Wow. An xbot calling out ISS? Unbelievable.
There is NOTHING (including Ryse) on the bone that gets anywhere close to what ISS looks like. FACT!
This is so true. I thought Ryse looked boring and fairly generic. But then I saw footage of Infamous: Second Son. ISS looks like a bad jap fighter crossed with a bad jap version of Crackdown. Sony fanboys will lap that shit up. nomnomnomnom.
Jap fighters are cool. You got a problem with Guilty Gear?
Also I think Japan makes better cartoons still and wish they would go back to making street fighter a sprite based graphics. Did you see the x-men animated intro from the 90s done for the japanese audience?:
I am know I am going to be accused of being biased (because I watch anime) but the japanese actually shade their cartoons properly unklike lazy american.
Would love to see a Dues Ex Games that is open world set in blade runner-ish world where you can move around freely like in skyrim. But give it a toon shaded universe like Ghost in the Shell. Fuck this realism shit. Saint's Row looked like arse compared to GTA but it is still more fun. Honestly at the end of the day the content of the gmae is what gives it its high scores. Not the effects. It's why Zelda still keeps getting high scores and is not a realistic title. That money spent on trying to recreate reality is best for hollywood movies and stuff. For games you actually don't give a fuck if the game is fast paced because your mind is so focused on playing.
What I care about is the total number of things going on in the environments at once. Like if I am moving around in a open world, there should be loads of people around not just enemies. If I am playing a game where I am involved in a car chase for instance. I ant to see armies of cops and swat teams and bystanders and choppers all over the place trying to get me at once. The more things to shoot, ram into, blow up, the better the action. If they all interact with each other in interesting ways it makes the game more fun and unpredictable. Too many next gen games feel like scripted events to me. If you replay it you get the same things each time. Halo wasn't like that. They need to model themselves off that style of action games where you get different things on replays.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Cletus wrote:Too many false flags heralding next gen from Team Sony. A superior version of Tomb Raider that turned out not to be so superior after all. Killzone at 1080p and 60fps that wasn't 1080p or 60fps. Infamous: Second Son that isn't even a scratch on GTAV which was last gen. I'm not saying that Xbone has burst out of the gate well in the lead here but it doesn't have as many false accolades either. Forza 5 plays well but could have been better. Nobody disputes it. Titanfall is pretty good if you like Mechs and first person shooters.

But apparently this week, Infamous heralds the start of next gen. :lol:
They are both next gen but these are rushed games with shallow gameplay. Deep games are on wii u and 3ds. They are just not violent titles for psychotic people.

Remember when gears of war came out for xboxx360 and how much hype it had? Ok gameplay but it was short and shallow too. Is it better than Zelda on wii flat colour? fuck no. Much nicer to look at, but not as good as vanquish. Not replayable like halo, and not deep games where the AI is so lifelike that you feel like you have not experienced it before.
Free review sites are full of shit.
When Shenmue 3 is announced, that console is the superior one. These scripted worlds are shit because they don't simulate the world realistically only the visual aspects of it. Some of my fave games like dragon age look like shit.
MS need to create exclusives that are not shallow action games in order to sell the hardware. What happened to the adventure game genre? Don't they know how to make a episodic title at least like shenmue?

Shooters are a dime a dozen. And hack n slash genre is best in Bayonetta games. Can they branch out please? Why is there no space sim, Titanfall singleplayer titles, or mechwarrior or something other than usual sequels? You got to be diverse. Wii U has the best platformers. What do MS have that sony don't? Why aren't they paying sega to make a shenmue sequel? Do they think we just like MMO? I am tired of online gaming being used as a selling point. PC games have had this for ages it's not new. (free for pc and wii u anyway)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Nextgen just said Hi.

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:Yeah Forza/GT photomode screens are straight out of the game engine too. :lol:
Don't worry lestat, here is an image from the Xbone using the game engine!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Got my neon powers last night and holy fuck is this game a true next gen game or what!
Considering this is the first game to show next gen graphics in true 1080p i'm looking forward to what can be achieved this time next year.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

By this time next year you might be seeing full length games being released. :up: