DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Post by Madmya »

... and done!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Nice! :up:

I would have been one of the nerds playing last night but I'm so much of a nerd I had to work on an assignment. :(

Kicked Crota's scrota in on Friday night though! Well, I was largely carried by 5 level 31s, but I spent the last few minutes struggling to survive with about 5% health so it feels like I earned it somewhat. Looking forward to getting back to the fight, old mate Rahool came through with an exotic helmet so I should hit 31 before the weekly reset.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

nice guys :up:

um currently leveling up bane of crota's rep. i need to buy an embalming orb so i can level up the husk of the pit (white gun) to the eidolon ally a legendary gun and then finally level that gun up to the necrochasm an exotic arc damage assault rifle that precision damage can cause an explosive thrall explosion.

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Judging by the recent Bungie post Crota hasn't been killed all that often either.

That gun sounds mad Obsolete. Would love that.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yeah i cant wait to unlock it to legendary but i found out that you cant upgrade it to exotic until the hard version of crota's end raid unlocks and the upgrade piece drops in the raid. boo-urns lol

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Nice find Obsolete. One of my friends got the Husk of the Pit and almost scrapped it thinking it was a common piece of shit! Necrochasm looks beastly.

I'm in two minds about maxing out Murmur. Once the initial excitement of dual damage types wears off, I'm not sure if it's a keeper long-term. Pocket Infinity shits on it as a solar fusion rifle, and I can't remember the name but in that battle with Scrota I scored an arc fusion rifle with Hive Disruptor- kind of like Oracle Disruptor on the VoG weapons, only Hive majors and ultras appear everywhere as opposed to oracles only being in the vault. Poor old Murmur isn't getting much of a look-in.

I really hope Eris sends a package to the postmaster for every Crota's Bane rank beyond 4, or she's going to lose a lot of appeal as a bounty collector. I don't think her rep gets redistributed by faction class items either. I don't think it's possible to have hit rank 5 with her yet to find out what (if anything) happens.

BTW keep an eye out for an alleged Christmas present from Rahool. I reckon it'll be a legendary engram that turns into a lump of coal.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Had a killer session last night. Hit level 31, found raid gauntlets, got Invective, Bad Juju, a legendary scout rifle that I was already using but with better perks, Gilgamesh (rare shader), and am now one dead Xyor away from Thorn. I've got Urzok in my sights too, I've heard they're both pretty tough. Closing in on rank 4 with Eris, I guess I'll find out if she breaks soon enough.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You SOB! That's insane. I love invective, it's such a strong close range weapon. I still need to kill Xyor too, then Thorn is mine. It's times like this I wish it was cross-platform.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Who's jumping in the crucible to mop up Xmas boobs today?
*raises hand*

Edit: it's obviously supposed to say noobs, but I'll let that auto correct stick.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I hung around the Cosmodrome helping level 5s complete public events and showing them where chests are. Eventually made my way to Skywatch, and Urzok rocked up and face-fucked all the noobs. Took a team of four 29+ Guardians to bring him down in the end.

Found a couple of Husk of the Pits, turned one into Eidolon Ally. Seems ok, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes once Fitted Stock and Rangefinder are unlocked. Could be a goer for PvP.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You're a good man Gamma. The boobs in PvE are cute. They sort of stop and stare at things, die often, and get a kick out of doing things with others.

I saw Urzok do the same thing today - he's a bitch!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'm calling it- PSN will go back up 5 minutes after Xur leaves the Tower. :emo:

Edit: No sooner than I posted that, I read that Xur's stay is being extended in light of the network problems. Bungie is alright.
Last edited by Gamma on 28 Dec 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Shit, are you guys still down? That's horrible. Fear not, Bungie just announced on Twitter that Xur's stay will be extended.
Xur’s time in the Tower will be extended. Get more details at http://t.co/MTn0WKnwsz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

http://t.co/FIDqcVtFTC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://t.co/ahjkDnnLhK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I beat you.

Got Toland's Legacy over the weekend. That's a lot of strikes.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yeah, it's pretty shitbox. First world problems and all that, but it's rare that I have a whole day where I can just fuck around playing videogames. All Eris progress optimisation has been thrown out the window, and if it's still not sorted before the extended Xur time it'll add another week to one of my bounties. I managed to sign in to PSN for about ten minutes last night, but the Destiny servers were unavailable. :rolleyes:

I grabbed another Toland's last week, the weekly Strike events count as 3 towards the 25.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Weeklies count as three? Very handy to know. Cheers! The exotic bounty came from Eris too, I didn't think that would be possible. (well, I got the ability to choose an exotic bounty at the bounty guy from Eris)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Is XBL up?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah I've sunk in quite a few hours. It's been up most of the weekend.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Madmya wrote:Weeklies count as three? Very handy to know. Cheers! The exotic bounty came from Eris too, I didn't think that would be possible. (well, I got the ability to choose an exotic bounty at the bounty guy from Eris)
Now that you mention it, I think mine was the same. Turned in an Eris bounty and got the missive.

Just got back online, last day before I'm back at work. Time to make up for the last three days. To buy Achlyophage Symbiote or not to buy, that is the question.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I thought you were a Warlock? Planning on a new character?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yeah, thinking of starting a Hunter. My Titan just hit 10, I'm kind of tempted to pick up The Armamentarium for future but I've already got an exotic helmet for her that just needs a kick in the pants from Xur. Gives me something to do when my Warlock's capped out for the day/week, plus it means exotic engrams for random classes aren't so brutal.

It's funny how hard it is to get the "9000 XP without dying" bounty with a fresh character.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'm kicking myself for not buying the Armamentarium last week. My Titan went from level 10 to 20 in no time at all, then instantly jumped to 25 with the spare crap my Warlock had thrown in the vault. Had a (non-upgraded) exotic helmet, three pairs of +33 light boots to choose from, now I'm working through the Eris quest to get +33 gauntlets, and will nab a chestpiece from the Vanguard. I'd be happy to sit at level 30 until Xur offers to upgrade the helmet, or a fancier one comes along. Decided to save making a Hunter for March when the next DLC comes out, in light of how much easier it was to spec up my Titan post-TDB.
Gamma wrote:I really hope Eris sends a package to the postmaster for every Crota's Bane rank beyond 4, or she's going to lose a lot of appeal as a bounty collector. I don't think her rep gets redistributed by faction class items either. I don't think it's possible to have hit rank 5 with her yet to find out what (if anything) happens.
I hit this last week with my Warlock, Eris just displays MAX once you reach rank 4 and that's it. Her bounties are only worth doing if you need XP for your weapons/gear. Bit of a shame, a rank up package that potentially contained radiant materials would have been welcome.
Madmya wrote:I still need to kill Xyor too, then Thorn is mine. It's times like this I wish it was cross-platform.
So much this. I tried to do it with a level 28 and we couldn't even get Xyor to spawn. It's probably the most difficult content I've played, and it's hard to get other players onboard if they don't stand to get Thorn out of it themselves.

BTW if you have The Dark Below, as soon as you hit level 30 and have access to Crota's End it's piss easy to get the first raid chest solo. It's one of only two opportunities to get an exotic in the raid (the other being a drop from Crota himself), plus if you do it once a week you'll find raid armour in there before too long- though you'll struggle to upgrade it until you can run the full raid regularly. Alternatively you can start doing it now if you've got a friend who's 30-32 and willing to start the raid for you. I'm pretty sure they can then leave straight away and you'll be able to farm for the chest as a 29. Once you find it, you can sit tight and invite any friends that are online to join and share in the bounty if they haven't already opened it for the week. Whenever we run the raid we split into anywhere between three and six separate fireteams and usually someone finds the chest on the first or second spawn. Everyone joins on that player, we open the chest, then carry on our merry way into the abyss.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'm lucky that my mates are going to do it with me. All these knights with arc shields... tough stuff. Once I hit 30 I'm going to try this chest on Crota's End. I'm actually not far off - 3/4 through 29.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

bloody raids are annoying me at the moment, the last 3 i did i just got burnt every time, giving me Asc shards when i need Asc energy from VoG and im getting RA energy when i need RA shards from crotas end, and of course giving me weapons i already have. i want the fatebringer dammit lol

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'll have your shards!