DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Re: DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yep thats the one.its a great gun at full auto with those explosive rounds

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Beat Skolas last night and scored an Elder Cipher! Pretty keen to get Lord of Wolves, shit looks dope. Other recent loot of note: 2nd Gjallarhorn from a Nightfall, The Ram from 5 exotic helmet engrams.

Also, The Taken King DLC was announced ages ago, and it's $69.95 over here. I think it's actually cheaper to import the retail Legendary edition from the UK (which contains the base game, all previous expansions and TTK), then sell the original disc. :|

In other news that has annoyed the Destiny community, in the US and Canada you can get codes from cans of Red Bull that give you an in-game consumable (which sadly isn't just a can of Red Bull, nor is it a pair of wings). Each one gives you 30 minutes of bonus XP, so nothing to write home about. These work right away. Apparently once TTK launches though, the (same?) codes will grant access to a quest which will be locked up for everyone else until January.

Am I going to buy TTK? Probably. Am I going to import cans of Red Bull? ...yes.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I had to look up what the Elder Cipher was. I haven't even attempted level 34 PoE yet! Sounds awesome though, what'd you end up getting?

I'm going to get The Taken King. $70 is steep, but I'll get the hours out of it.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. On paper, it's a fucking rort and I wouldn't want to support such a model, and blah blah blah. But it's a great game and I feel I'll get my money's worth out of it.

Haven't finished the cipher quest yet, but I've seen all three weapons in action and I can't go past the shotgun. It's fucking boss, fires more like a pulse rifle. The questline is essentially "play the shit out of PoE" though. You have a chance of the Elder Cipher dropping at level 34 or 35, then once you've got one you have to get the Queen's Cipher from a Queen's Chest (requiring more PoE and a key), then you need 1000pts worth of killing PoE bosses.

Has everyone seen the Triumphs listed on Bungie.net?

Apprentice of Light - A character reached the maximum level.
Light of the Garden - Defeated the dark heart of the Black Garden.
Light in the Dark - Prevented the summoning of Crota's Soul.
Light of the Reef - Captured Skolas in the Vex Citadel.
Bane of Skolas - Defeated Prison of Elders on Hard Difficulty.
Bane of Atheon - Defeated Atheon on Hard Difficulty.
Bane of Crota - Defeated Crota on Hard Difficulty.
Public Servant - Completed 50 Public Events.
Crucible Gladiator - Won 100 Crucible Matches.
Chest Hunter - Found all Golden Chests.

...knock all of that over before TTK and you'll get an exclusive Year 1 emblem, which actually looks pretty good. I just have to kill Scrota on hard. Fuck knows when I won 100 Crucible matches, but I'm not going to argue.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Shit! I've got a bit to do then...
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

just gotta beat poe at 35 and ill have that emblem

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Having just bought this game, I'm not too sure I have the attention span to see it through to the higher levels. Heh.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's nowhere near the grind it used to be. But you'd probably need House of Wolves to accelerate fast.

Couldn't kill Kaliks Reborn tonight on level 34 PoE. Came stupidly close. Was fucked, breezed through rounds 1-4 then gave up on round 5 after many re-tries. Just doesn't make sense.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

What's different now?

When I was playing I found myself spread running the same levels over and over and farming the moon.

I tried to go back to it as the gun play is pretty good, only to find shit I used to do was harder and the way to level up is to buy DLC.

The shit they have pulled with this game is so bad, it's a fucking rort... I thought the DLC was a rip, especially for those playing it on xbone, but this new expansion is just a massive shit on their best customers.

Sorry fellas, didn't mean to get started.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It's much easier to level up now, even with no DLC. You can buy gear from the Vanguard vendor in the Tower that gets you to level 32 (+36 Light). You don't have to raid, you don't have to touch PvP, you don't have to do Weekly Heroics and/or Nightfalls. New gear has fewer perk nodes to unlock ("damage" nodes are no longer represented, you're not actually missing out on perks) and significantly lower costs in planetary materials (ie 4 instead of 16). You don't need Ascendant Shards.

I'm pretty sure as long as the item for the week isn't from one of the expansions, you can still buy exotic shit from Xur, and exotics come stock with +42 Light now. Alternatively Exotic Shards are only 7 Strange Coins and let you ascend old exotics to +46. I know it's easy for me to say "Hey, just buy this and that" when my vault's exploding with excess currency, but even if you're flat broke it shouldn't take too long to get what you need.

Reaching levels 33/34 from 32 will admittedly be a total crapshoot without the DLC. Basically you'll need an Etheric Light to hit 33, and two more for 34. Your only way of getting them will be as a random reward from completing Nightfall (I don't think they drop from the Weekly). Of course, without the DLC you won't be able to play the Nightfall every week as some Strikes are part of the expansions. I've had 3 Etheric Light drops from 16 Nightfall completions- L33 seems a reasonable goal if you were so inclined, L34 not so much, but at the end of the day it's all random. Keep in mind that without the DLC you don't really have any need to be over level 32 since the highest-level content you'll have access to will be the 32 Nightfall. Being overlevelled certainly makes it easier but it's quite do-able at 32.

BTW the Weekly is piss-easy this week so get your Strange Coins before tomorrow night's reset. Sepiks Prime with Solar Burn, your Icebreaker will fuck everything sideways. In my games it took longer to kill the handful of Dregs at the start of the boss encounter than it did to kill Sepiks, it's really that easy.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Iron banner is also a source of etheric light, surely you don't need DLC for that either.

Just cracked 250 hours in this game. That's huge for me.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Shit, lots of nerfs incoming! Lols at gjally, noooooo for Thorn.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

sigh..... nerfing sucks

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Thorn was a bit too rampant in PVP. Can't understand the pve stuff personally. There's a special something about obtaining gjallahorn. Ice Breaker's recharge seems too long for the gun to be fun.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yeah i understand the hand cannons but gally, icebreaker nerfing and black hammer takes ammo from you inventory now just sucks

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Gjally should have been nerfed ages ago- I'm cool with that. It'll still be a good weapon. Thorn's not getting a straight nerf, they're tweaking the DoT and how it stacks so I think it'll still be fun. Ice Breaker's going to lose a lot of utility, and Black Hammer is already really situational and the nerfs just make me a sad panda. Auto Rifles are getting a buff which will hopefully give poop like Hard Light, Suros and Monte Carlo a new lease on life. I still have a Shadow Price waiting in the vault for its day to come.

Meanwhile, after getting Bittersteel twice more followed by Revenant all characters have now formally jumped ship to FWC. Lord of Wolves is my new favourite gun, it's fucking great. Four more exotic weapons to go, one more exotic armour. Dem Bones.

Oh and BTW, a friend of mine started playing about a fortnight ago and is level 28, illustrating how much faster it is to level up now. You can reach higher levels with blue gear now it seems.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well fuck. I downloaded the Destiny demo and had a good crack this morning....faaaaaaaarrrrkkkk I think I need to buy the full game! Seems fantastic and I'm getting great PSO-type vibes from it...
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

If you want in I'd highly recommend waiting until Sep 9th for The Taken King. Right now you're looking at ~$60 for the base game, $40 for DLC I & II, then a further $70 (!) for TTK. Buy TTK at retail in September and you'll get everything for ~$90. The only other viable option is to get everything digitally from the US store, in which case it's probably not too expensive to get onboard now but I'd still wait for TTK.

Let me know if you take the plunge, I'm always up for a game. :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

One does not simply play Destiny then wait months before playing again.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Absolutely breezed through Crota HM. Screencap is probably massive but IDGAF.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

That's fucking cool. Good jerb! I only saw Crota for the first time Sunday night. Didn't beat it but it seemed easy enough. I want that emblem but might need a new fireteam. The boys just aren't good enough.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Crota HM is a cakewalk compared to Skolas or Atheon HM as long as you have a good swordbearer. I don't know if I'll try Skolas again until after the level cap's raised, it's a fair slog.

I had a crazy game today. A friend in the states got me in on a Crota HM where I nabbed the Titan helmet and Word of Crota. They were all about to hit bed but after we'd dropped to four players someone half-jokingly suggested a fresh VoG HM run. Ended up running the whole thing.

Beating Atheon with four people was intense. Three get teleported, and the poor sap left behind has to break out of their detainment field then take on everything in the room while opening the relevant portal. We got Atheon below half health then I fucked up and missed a Supplicant behind me... dead, but I just managed to open the portal to let the others back. Down to three, the only way to survive was for our Sunsinger to get his super, die on purpose just before the teleport then self-revive after the other two had been whisked away. Well fuck me, those half asleep bastards pulled off two or three more teleport cycles of that bullshit and did it. I got Vex Mythoclast, Praetorian Foil and Praedyth's Timepiece, none of which I had before. I also replaced the VoG chest and arms that the postmaster cruelly deleted on me. Two of the others got a Fatebringer, one got a Gjallarhorn. It was awesome.
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten
XBL ID: Kaji AU
PSN ID: Kaji_AU

Post by Kaji »

http://wastedondestiny.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

627 Hours for me :O
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

738 according to the site, xbox says 1400+.

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Farking hell boys! 268 hours here, even I think that's an incredible number.

The xbox time is full of shit, I swear it counts hours that it is left in standby with the console being off.