Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: SPLATOON 2 FOR NINTENDO SWITCH (ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO!!!)

Post by Jasper »

PhoneMonkey wrote:Ambrose owned you in every orifice after your Metacritic pimping backfired spectacularly.

BoTW has been proven to be overrated empty, lifeless take on Skyrim with none of its charms along with ratings that reek of nostalgic Dutch row-boating.

No one hates Nintendo, but anyone is well within their right to stick their nose up at Nintendo's pathetic attempt at an online service, it's nickel and diming attitude to pricing, using a medium that applies a tax to all titles sold, and forcing consumers to buy the same games over and over again.

The fact is that the top shooters this gen are only on platforms that matter.
How did that whore Ambrosia own me, you fucking clown? By me proving that the Games Ranch 2016 GOTY (Doom) has a MC score of 85 vs Splatoon 2's MC score of 84 (a mere ONE point difference) - yet somehow using the retarded logic of people like you, that mere ONE fucking point difference means Doom is Games Ranch 2016 GOTY worthy whilst Splatoon 2 is a "flop". :?

The fact that Nintendo can even develop a shooter in the same league as other developers who's specialty and expertise are shooters - is in fact incredible. Like I said, the vast majority of shooters that you fuckwits adore (Wolfenstein: The New Order, CoD: Black Ops III, Prey, etc) have LOWER MC scores than Splatoon 2. :roll:

Plus if you compare Nintendo's own developed flagship shooter (Splatoon 2) vs. Sony's and Microsoft's own developed flagship shooters for PS4/XB1 - Splatoon 2 has a MC score BETTER than Sony's offering (Killzone: Shadow Fall), and a MC score IDENTICAL to Microsoft's offering (Halo 5). That should NOT be the case, but it is!!! :redface:

After all, shooters are Microsoft's (and to some extent Sony's) bread and butter for XB1/PS4....yet somehow Nintendo have managed to developed a shooter just as good (if not better) than most shooters on both platforms. That's fucking fantastic coming from a developer like Nintendo - who have historically only developed a couple of shooters (and are mostly interested and experienced with developing platformer and adventure games instead). 8)

Finally as I stated before, take for instance Halo 5 (what is supposed to be Xbox One's official flagship game of the generation). Even with Wii U being Nintendo's biggest flop in history, Splatoon (a brand new experimental IP shooter from a Nintendo development team that have NEVER developed a shooter before) sold just as many copies as fucking Halo 5!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

With Nintendo Switch being the fastest selling Nintendo gaming system in history and selling phenomenally around the world with people still lining up in Japan, and desperately running around trying to find one in a store that hasn't sold out like in the USA... Splatoon 2 is going to sell even better and take the franchise to even greater heights! :up:
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: SPLATOON 2 FOR NINTENDO SWITCH (OUT NOW!!!)

Post by Lepo5 »

I like Nintendo and Titan Fall.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
PhoneMonkey

Re: SPLATOON 2 FOR NINTENDO SWITCH (ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO!!!)

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Jasper wrote:
PhoneMonkey wrote:Ambrose owned you in every orifice after your Metacritic pimping backfired spectacularly.

BoTW has been proven to be overrated empty, lifeless take on Skyrim with none of its charms along with ratings that reek of nostalgic Dutch row-boating.

No one hates Nintendo, but anyone is well within their right to stick their nose up at Nintendo's pathetic attempt at an online service, it's nickel and diming attitude to pricing, using a medium that applies a tax to all titles sold, and forcing consumers to buy the same games over and over again.

The fact is that the top shooters this gen are only on platforms that matter.
How did that whore Ambrosia own me, you fucking clown? By me proving that the Games Ranch 2016 GOTY (Doom) has a MC score of 85 vs Splatoon 2's MC score of 84 (a mere ONE point difference) - yet somehow using the retarded logic of people like you, that mere ONE fucking point difference means Doom is Games Ranch 2016 GOTY worthy whilst Splatoon 2 is a "flop". :?

The fact that Nintendo can even develop a shooter in the same league as other developers who's specialty and expertise are shooters - is in fact incredible. Like I said, the vast majority of shooters that you fuckwits adore (Wolfenstein: The New Order, CoD: Black Ops III, Prey, etc) have LOWER MC scores than Splatoon 2. :roll:

Plus if you compare Nintendo's own developed flagship shooter (Splatoon 2) vs. Sony's and Microsoft's own developed flagship shooters for PS4/XB1 - Splatoon 2 has a MC score BETTER than Sony's offering (Killzone: Shadow Fall), and a MC score IDENTICAL to Microsoft's offering (Halo 5). That should NOT be the case, but it is!!! :redface:

After all, shooters are Microsoft's (and to some extent Sony's) bread and butter for XB1/PS4....yet somehow Nintendo have managed to developed a shooter just as good (if not better) than most shooters on both platforms. That's fucking fantastic coming from a developer like Nintendo - who have historically only developed a couple of shooters (and are mostly interested and experienced with developing platformer and adventure games instead). 8)

Finally as I stated before, take for instance Halo 5 (what is supposed to be Xbox One's official flagship game of the generation). Even with Wii U being Nintendo's biggest flop in history, Splatoon (a brand new experimental IP shooter from a Nintendo development team that have NEVER developed a shooter before) sold just as many copies as fucking Halo 5!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

With Nintendo Switch being the fastest selling Nintendo gaming system in history and selling phenomenally around the world with people still lining up in Japan, and desperately running around trying to find one in a store that hasn't sold out like in the USA... Splatoon 2 is going to sell even better and take the franchise to even greater heights! :up:
Metacritic scores don't matter to Jasper. Until they matter.
Jasper wrote:It even has a higher metacritic score than the orginal Splatoon, as well as other shooters in recent years
Jasper wrote:Nothing changes the fact that ARMS still has a higher metacritic score than Street Fighter V!
Jasper wrote:The REALLY important thing to remember though, is that Pokkén Tournament has a higher metacritic score than Candy Arse's precious Street Fighter V! :lol:
Jasper wrote:Oh, and congratulations again to BOTW for holding the record for the most perfect 10/10 scores of any video game in Metacritic history... 8)
I'll just quote your very courteous public service announcement that shows the highest rated shooters on Metacritic are only on platforms that matter.
Jasper wrote:

Appreciate the reminder about this gen's greatest shooters. Might be high time to dive back into Doom, one of the greatest shooters of all time now offers all previous DLC for free.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Destroyed
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Heh, Jasper really sucks at this whole forum posting thing. Most definitive smackdown of 2017 right there.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

That post is Fantastic. :lol:

:owned:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

What a bunch of illiterate cocksuckers! Where the fuck did I say MC score's don't matter? :?

The point of my post was to demonstrate how mentally ill some of you are, as when using your spastic logic - DOOM (with a MC score of 85) is worthy of being Games Ranch's 2016 GOTY, whilst Splatoon 2 (with a MC score of 84 - a one fucking point difference) is a "flop". :roll:

Idiots! :redface:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Jeez dude, we know Splatoon 2 isn't as good as Doom, you don't have to keep telling us in every single post!
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Your precious DOOM on PC/XB1/PS4 COMBINED has sold LESS units than Splatoon on the Wii U (aka...Nintendo's biggest gaming system flop in history besides the Virtual Boy). :lol:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Did it sell more than GTAV? Actually, I don't care. It doesn't have a metacritic score near as high.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:What a bunch of illiterate cocksuckers! Where the fuck did I say MC score's don't matter? :?

The point of my post was to demonstrate how mentally ill some of you are, as when using your spastic logic - DOOM (with a MC score of 85) is worthy of being Games Ranch's 2016 GOTY, whilst Splatoon 2 (with a MC score of 84 - a one fucking point difference) is a "flop". :roll:

Idiots! :redface:
No one here hyped up DOOM, in fact it caught everyone by surprise. Well, everyone who played it which rules you out :lol:

You on the other hand run a personal pro-Nintendo marketing campaign...in-fact your entire reason for being on this forum is to be a pro-Nintendo troll which makes your whinging about others trolling pretty rich.

Based on the hype YOU generated for Splatoon 2, much like ARMS and Ultra SF2 especially the waggle mode, it's clearly a flop. Congrats on pimping out yet another flop on the Switch :lol: :fight: :lol:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just bought this second and Currently downloading. I'll post my impressions soon. It's officially my second game.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Picked up mine from BigW this morning for $64. My second game as well with ARMS being my first (got Zelda for WiiU).

I would really love to go all digital considering the portability, but I'm not super cashed up so it just means what I've saved on these two purchases will let me grab either Thumper or Snipperclips from the eshop.

I imagine I'll go down a similar route to what I had with the 3DS where games I knew I would be back to frequently I bought digitally. Your Monster Hunter, Smash Bros et al. Pretty much echoing the sentiments of Twiztid here. So maybs down the track I'll sell Splatoon 2 physical and pick up digital but for now it's hardly an issue with only 2 games.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yeah, I got mine digital this morning. Played heaps of Turf Wars already. Level 7. Played some Salmon Run when it went live at 4 - it's ok I guess. I prefer regular battles. I've never been a horde mode person.
It's Splatoon, and it's awesome.

I did make a trip to EB though. I got both my Bayonetta amiibos aswell. They are awesome too.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Switch selling well. Good news for the nintendo fans who were worried it was going to end up being like Wii U.
relax Jasper the forum is just angry that nintendo succeeds because they grew up being sega/dreamcast/pc/MS fans and these are companies that are not into the game industry for games but to sell set top boxes that do other things like play music, movies, pirate games easily etc...

Nintendo is the last to give into the concept that videogame consoles are mere piece of tech to watch a movie, look at family photos onscreen, surf the web, or talk to people online while playing games, etc instead of just for playing games only.
People hate that they are superior and get all the credit for saving the console games biz after Atari fucked it all up in the 70s. It's jealousy because the reptilians still don't control nintendo yet like they do all the others. That which they don't control they wish to destroy. And nintendo has the seal of quality which is causing other companies to lift their game and start removing all the bugs which they hate to do. Can't wait for Skyrim to come out on Switch.

I still remember when Skyward Sword came out on Wii and beat Skyrim in Edge scores. Skyrim was 9 and Skyward sword was a 10 because it had the nitnendo seal of quality while Skyrim had bugs. Sorry games ranch but quality is quality. You can't expect a pure games company to lose out to Sony and MS who are just here to sell us movies and get us to watch tv. It's becase of this casual gamer attitude to gaming that Sony and MS are not as respected imo. They are respected but not as much as nintendo who work towards pushing in different direction rather than just do what is trendy. Setting the trends is better than following the trends guys. If you want to be cool, you got to buy nintendo or the bully at work is going to tease you because everyone else at work owns one but you; making you out to be the nerd who buys whatever is cheap. If you don't spend money on quality, people will notice this and think you are old and unfashionable. Think back to the days when the nintendo DS came out and how you guys laughed at it. Then nintendo released games that made good usage of the touchscreen gimmick and people caught on to the idea of playing games that way. That was the trend. Now the new trend is merging all the existing things that worked and placing them on one system. People like that because they don't need to buy seperate accessories. It was a briliant idea.

Except for the touchscreen not being there, the Switch seems to have sucessfull merged the two groups together:
1. fat people who hate flailing their fat arms around like a dickhead and who prefer the nintendo from the gamecube days
2. the people who buy game consoles for the gimmicks (non-gamers) and want to see new ways of interaction (like when sega released new control systems for each arcade game they made)

Wii sold like crazy because it was different
Wii U sold like crap due to lack of ads

Now that switch is here it can take advantage of the waggle-crazy crowd, whilst not alienating the hardcore gamers who want to play traditional stuff like Zelda. How can you not see that as a good thing? The next step is for nintendo to go back to VR again like the virtual boy days and see if they can clone whatever sony is doing but make good mainline games with the goggles. (eg a starfox game where you are inside the cockpit of the fighter, but the game is openworld adventure in space and on many different planets)

What nintendo needs is a shooter that has the Zelda BOTW style of freedom to explore mysterious ruins gameplay people love. There should be many professions like the game Fantasy Life so that there is always purpose for why you are roaming around a lot and going to places. (problem with open worlds is the idea that you are only there to shoot and kill things, but a game where you shoot and kill things but protecting villagers that make things and trade with each other is different kind of game. You should be able to explore, craft, cook, trade items, make money as a gun for hire, build your house, interact with the people to get jobs/quests, upgrade your ships, take part in competitions for prizes, fish etc a part of the immersion into the world and life is not just fight/work,defend/get rich but about forming alliances with others and partnerships and then using that to get things done quickly.

If you want to be the pirate/rogue/scoundrel, you should be able to be that. If you want to be the businessman, you should be able to do this. If you want to be the popular guy who people respect you need to be able to work towards this to get groups of people to do things. If you want to be a soldier or mercenary then killing is your dream job. But nintendo need to say to fans: "we already gave you that arcadey shooter last time, we wish to do something grander and more ambitious" ....but the problem is too many fans are scared of this so they sometimes stagnate not because they can't do new things, but because they need to cater to fans to make money first. It's only when they ignore fans when they seem to do the best imo. The new IPs they release attract people who were thinking of quiting the hobby to come back into gaming again thanks to nintendo trying to please those guys. But traditionalists see these sudden changes as a threat to them. (we saw this during the Wii era of nintendo where people who didn't like waggle automatically think motion sensing sucks even though motion sensing works fine for traditional games too. eg steering in mario kart. Combat in Red Steel 2)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

So Gamescom is currently in full force, and Nintendo have brand new info and brand new game footage to reveal in the coming days... :up:

I'm most looking forward to later today, as there is going to be a Super Mario Odyssey presentation, featuring brand new gameplay footage!!! :shock:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Brand new trailer (and menu tour) for the Super NES Mini....

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Brand new gameplay footage of Metroid: Samus Returns for Nintendo 3DS...

+

Brand new SNES themed 3DS announced...

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

NINTENDO @ GAMESCOM (TONS OF NEW INFO & GAME FOOTAGE)!

Post by Jasper »

Brand new trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors for Nintendo Switch (releasing October 20th)...

+

Pokken Tournament DX demo coming to Nintendo Switch eShop tomorrow!!! :up:

+

Brand new character (Lola Pop) unveiled for ARMS....
+

Brand new content coming to Splatoon 2...
Breaking news from the Squid Research Lab! The Splatoon 2 game will soon be receiving three new updates. Manta Maria joins the lineup of Turf War* and Ranked Battle stages this weekend, while the Bubble Blower special weapon will become available in a set with the Forge Splattershot Pro starting Sept. 1. Finally, the Lost Outpost stage joins the roster of Salmon Run stages later today after players apply a software update. Please note that release timings noted in the subtitles are based on European time zones.
+

Monolith Soft (Nintendo first party developer of RPG's including Xenoblade, Xenoblade Chronicles X...and the soon to be released Xenoblade Chronicles 2) have released some artwork for their new Nintendo Switch game...

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NINTENDO @ GAMESCOM (TONS OF NEW INFO & GAME FOOTAGE)!

Post by Candy Arse »

Wow so great to see Nintendo putting so much effort into the 3DS! :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: NINTENDO @ GAMESCOM (TONS OF NEW INFO & GAME FOOTAGE)!

Post by Jasper »

Nintendo just formally revealed (with plenty of gameplay footage) a brand new kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey. Introducing Luncheon Kingdom...

Last edited by Jasper on 24 Aug 2017 02:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: A BRAND NEW 'SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY' KINGDOM REVEALED!!!

Post by Jasper »

Brand new trailer & gameplay footage for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. :)

For those unaware, the game is a 3 year in the making XCOM turn-based tactical adventure game - with Ubisoft stating it's been developed particularly for hardcore tactical game fans. It's also got plenty of DLC content coming.

It has received absolutely fantastic hands-on impressions, and the game is due for release in Australia next Tuesday! :up:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Jasper on 24 Aug 2017 03:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Digital Foundry's glowing analysis and impressions of Skyrim for Nintendo Switch (releasing October). They are very impressed and absolutely love it!!! :D

I personally am not a fan of the franchise, but I can see this being popular for those interested in playing a fully-fledged Skyrim (it's the most recent remastered special edition) on a portable gaming system (plus with even faster loading time than on PC).... :P

+

Rocket League for Nintendo Switch (releasing later this year) confirmed to have all of the same content, features, and updates as the other platforms, in addition to battle-cars and customisation items exclusive to Switch.

The Switch version will also include cross platform network play with Xbox and PC versions. :wink:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Digital Foundry's glowing analysis and impressions of Skyrim for Nintendo Switch (releasing October). They are very impressed and absolutely love it!!! :D

I personally am not a fan of the franchise, but I can see this being popular for those interested in playing a fully-fledged Skyrim (it's the most recent remastered special edition) on a portable gaming system (plus with even faster loading time than on PC).... :P

+

Rocket League for Nintendo Switch (releasing later this year) confirmed to have all of the same content, features, and updates as the other platforms, in addition to battle-cars and customisation items exclusive to Switch.

The Switch version will also include cross platform network play with Xbox and PC versions. :wink:
Tough decision to be made!

Skyrim at 720p barely 30fps on Switch or a fully modded out Skyrim at 4k 60fps on PC.

Let me think... :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Digital Foundry have stated the performance of Skyrim Switch is "excellent" and they are clearly very impressed with the game following their hand-on impressions. :P

Plus it's 720p and LOCKED at 30fps only in UNDOCKED MODE (i.e. portable mode). It's the only mode Digital Foundry got to try out, but remember the Nintendo Switch is more powerful in docked mode...so there will be a resolution boost and possibly a frame-rate boost if played in console mode.

Like I said, I don't care for Skyrim...but I can see the appeal for people to be able to play an "excellent" version of the most recent remastered special edition of Skyrim on a pick up and play anywhere portable device. :wink: