Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH CROWNED TIME MAGAZINE'S GADGET OF THE YE

Post by Jasper »

Scullibundo wrote:Excited to find out exactly what the BotW final DLC chapter is. Any reason to load up that game is a good thing.
Yep...very excited for "The Champions' Ballad" DLC pack! :)

It appears to be a real chock-full DLC pack. All we know for sure is that it's planned for release next month, will include a brand spanking new dungeon, brand new challenges, and a brand new story.

Nintendo are even releasing amiibo's for the "The Champions' Ballad" DLC pack...

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

NINTENDO SWITCH - $399 @ JB HIFI (HURRY - TODAY ONLY!!!)

Post by Jasper »

To celebrate Black Friday, JB HiFi are selling the Nintendo Switch for just 399 BUCKS!!! (https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/344295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)... :shock:

For those without a Nintendo Switch and would like to play the two dueling 2017 GOTY candidates...HURRY AND GET ONE TODAY!!! :up:

You seriously have no fucking idea what you're missing out on by not experiencing the magic of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey...plus next year's looking incredible too for Nintendo Switch owners with the likes of Metroid 4, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4, Yoshi...etc. :up:

Image Image
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH - $399 @ JB HIFI (HURRY - TODAY ONLY!!!)

Post by Twit »

What's the indie scene like on Switch? Any good smaller type stuff on it or is it pretty much only good for 1st party stuff?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Heaps good actually.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Any examples? I find myself tending now more towards indie stuff, particularly things I can play in short bursts or turn-based so I can put it down and do other stuff when required. It’s possible that a Switch could have a place for me. The last time I had anything to do with Nintendo was back in 2012 when I bought a 3DXML, and that didn’t even actually happen.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

If you're going to jump on board the Nintendo train...you need to know there's a prerequisite to first learn how to speak the language of Nintendo! :)

Us Nintendo fans don't say indie...we say "Nindie". :keke:

You will be happy to learn that the Nintendo Switch is in fact the BEST platform for "Nindie" games. :up:

Even Candy Arse said so in a previous post... :wink:

Candy Arse wrote:I fucking love the system. I think it's Nintendo's best hardware, easily, since the SNES. For indie games it's pretty much my go-to machine now as you don't need grunt to run them and the ability to take it all away on trips etc is brilliant. It's also the first system where I actually have no interest in buying physical copies of games. It makes total sense to buy digital for this thing.

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... ie#p434090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also Jim Sterling recently made a video discussing how the Nintendo Switch is now the best platform to play the world's best "Nindie" games...
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Would love to see a port of starbound on Switch.
Still hasn't made its way to the consoles. Nintendo needs to pay to get it ported now. Fans of terraria would love this. Too bad pc gamers are jealous of us and so work to prevent us seeing it on the cool platforms because they are so insecure. GTA5 coming out first on peasant consoles and lack of Red Dead Redemption on PC must have really cut deep..
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

HOLY SHIT...this Black Friday deal is AMAZING!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Gamesmen have a Nintendo Switch + Super Mario Odyssey bundle for just 435 BUCKS!!! (https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/344448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

For all the dads (aka lestat)...you MUST purchase your child a Nintendo Switch + Super Mario Odyssey bundle for Christmas. :up:

This game is just so magically lush and the absolute best 3D platformer in videogame history (it's essentially a videogame that every child deserves to experience, and any parent purposefully robbing their own child of such "Nintendo Magic" joy is pure evil). :cry:

ImageImage

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Nup kids are already spoiled with enough games as it is.

They'll be getting more outside toys instead.

Seen the latest obesity stats in this country. :o
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

The "enough games as it is" you speak of, are collectively no where near as good in quality to a single masterpiece video game like Super Mario Odyssey or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :roll:

I just find it absolutely shocking how a father with a passion for video games, can go out of his way to block his very own children from experiencing the absolute best child-friendly video games in the world...at the same time as he selfishly spends thousands of dollars to indulge in his own hobby of sitting alone in a man cave for hours on end playing video games? :?

Wouldn't you feel better about yourself as a father (and a gamer) that whilst you're playing Forza 7 in your man cave, your kids are in their bedrooms playing world class superb child-friendly games like Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? :wink:

I just find it all very sickening... :cry:
Last edited by Jasper on 24 Nov 2017 02:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Will there by an eShop Black Friday on? Might get MKD8.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Lestat:
That's due to mobile phone games and MMOs, not nintendo. Phones given to kids prevent them from wanting to meet each other in person. The Switch encourages them to meet at the park as you saw in the ads.

MMOs force you to live in the universe and you can't have a social life outside that universe or you'll get left behind.

The balance comes in single player open world games where you can pause the fucking fake world so that you can do real life things and still talk about what cool shit you discovered at the water cooler at work. (your experience is unique since you didn't get told what to do or where to go)

Having said that I hope nintendo and bethesda work together on an open world remake of Elder Scrolls for portable games that relies more on procedural generation more than scripted set piece questing like we are seeing in the newer Todd Howard type ES games which are more for kiddies.

Razorfist explains the problem of new bethesda open world titles that are slowly one at a time stripping the open world genre of featurse that were previously in older open world RPG and why it's getting us away from pure role playing into cinematic action rpg territory which is not what the old ES games were supposed to be like. (more like ultima underworld and wizardry style dungeon crawlers with massive overworld on top of the underworlds)
Perhaps nintendo can fund the new Elder Scrolls games and help them design the overworlds now that they've proven they can make amazing open world with Xenoblade Chronicles and Zelda Breath of the Wild? Then when MS is ready, Bethesda can port these to XBOX 1-X with 4K graphics and art assets for definitive experience? (when enough kids save up money to buy the bloody thing - it's still the most expensive machine to buy right now so it would not make sense to jump in early)

Lestat, watch this interview: get MS to fund this guy to make Elder Scrolls clone on XB1X. He is the true genuis behind the open world ES games. If they can get major RPG franchise like this then it will help MS gain back respect from the true gamers. (people sick of the next-gen streamlined RPG games that have dumbed the genre down too much)
^
This is a 3 hour must watch interview. You might want to place it in your 'watch later' section for later consumption. Many RPG nerds feel that after fallout 4, the direction of open world rpg is slowly being watered down and becoming more action oriented which is fine if you are into this. But it makes us long for the days when the open world felt like a true simulation of a living and breathing world that exists regardless of whether you are there to witness events going on inside that universe. And we all know Daggerfall had enormous map. Imagine if MS and nintendo made deal with the brain behind the original ES games to make games that were in the spirit of older RPG game of the past on PC before they became too streamlined? In much the same way Breath of the Wild was inspired by the original Zelda on the NES where true open world design was used and less handholding which you started to see in later zelda games which scripted the experience too much?

People obviously love those survival sims and the procedural generation seen in them like Spelunky and Rogue Legacy and Minecraft right? This guy is the guy who can give that back to ES and reboot the series again so that we can get both the next gen graphics of modern Todd Howard games, but melded together with more No Man's Sky scale of places to visit and things to do as people crave chaotic and unpredictable emergent behavior over scripted events as seen in more linear games like Witcher 3 which force the player to play the role of the character from the book rather than anyone that they wish. (remember Daggerfall let you not just create characters but create whole CLASSES LOL That's how forward thinking and progressive the game was for its time giving the player total control over the experience like old pen and paper games where decisions had consequences that new games don't even consider. )

As long as dungeon designs allow for multiple ways to exit and solve the problem or get to the objective, I think truely freeform gameplay Elder Scrolls Games which we got with daggerfall, ._..can commercially suceed. But you need to accept that it may not be as appealing to a mass audience who is dumbed down from all the skyrims and fallout 4 games which focus too much on scripted set piece shit. But now that these guys have many other open world games to play, they can stop complaining now since every company makes open world titles now so its not like there is a big demand for the same thing.

What ES needs is a BOTW-style reboot of the genre with next gen skin! Make it happen. Get MS to fund it. Get nintendo to help design. Everyone is tired of ubisofts crappy checklist 'simon says' linear story crap. And RPG fans are sick of dumbed-down systems in new ES games or whole systems being cut out completely. Reboot ES with this other guy's vision for how open world RPG should be where the player's hand is not held all the time and the game feels less like a story driven game and more of a simulator for adventure gamers who like independence of thought and free-form gameplay which rewards experimentation and creativity to deal with problems in different ways without punishing you for doing things the designer didn't expect you to do. (big problem of triple A game design today imo because it's easier to bug test but makes a game boring)
Last edited by GameHED on 24 Nov 2017 03:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Went to JB but pulled out without nutting. It doesn't seem to have much going for it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah, I personally think you're better off getting a One X and Super Lucky's Tale.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:The "enough games as it is" you speak of, are collectively no where near as good in quality to a single masterpiece video game like Super Mario Odyssey or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :roll:

I just find it absolutely shocking how a father with a passion for video games, can go out of his way to block his very own children from experiencing the absolute best child-friendly video games in the world...at the same time as he selfishly spends thousands of dollars to indulge in his own hobby of sitting alone in a man cave for hours on end playing video games? :?

Wouldn't you feel better about yourself as a father (and a gamer) that whilst you're playing Forza 7 in your man cave, your kids are in their bedrooms playing world class superb child-friendly games like Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? :wink:

I just find it all very sickening... :cry:
They already have a 3DS with pokemon and mario kart, they don't play it. I keep telling you this but you're clueless.

The room I posted isn't a man cave, it's the family media room, my kids enjoy 4k HDR gaming. They're enjoying gaming in a way I could only dream of as a kid.

Today I just picked up their minecraft controllers for Christmas, they've been bugging me for them for a while.

Rocco produce your own offspring and subject them to your own twisted ideology, don't go lecturing me on how I should raise my own children. You clearly don't understand kids and what actually engages them these days.

I agree twit, you go to the switch game section and it just looks barren and sad.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Liar! :down:

You bought them a fucking 2DS (not even a damn 3DS). You're clearly a cheapskate when it comes to your own children, but when it comes to yourself - you're happy to drop $650 on a mid-cycle hardware revision gaming console like the Xbox One X (which didn't even launch with any new fucking games, and therefore you xbot clowns are having to replay old Xbox games on your shiny new $650 gaming console). :roll:

What you're saying is you believe your children would not enjoy a masterpiece child-friendly game like Super Mario Odyssey. :shock:

Either (a) you're a liar and trying to trick yourself into believing such nonsense because you don't want to feel guilty about being a bad father, or (b) you're manipulating your son/s into thinking it's not manly to enjoy Nintendo and a game like Super Mario Odyssey (that a REAL MAN likes XBOX and Gears of War). Maybe it's because you're anti-gay and against gay marriage, and think that a game like Super Mario Odyssey will soften your boys - especially considering the game is LGBT friendly and allows for Mario to dress in a wedding gown (what's wrong...scared your boys will "turn" gay or transgender?) :?
As for the "barren and sad" Nintendo Switch game section you speak of. It's that section of the store that happens to boast the two dueling 2017 GOTY candidates (Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild). 8)

I guess it's a "barren and sad" software library that's turned the Nintendo Switch into a phenomenal success - obliterating both XB1 and PS4 in units sold! :lol:
Last edited by Jasper on 24 Nov 2017 04:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Imagine if your kids started saying Nindie, lestat. *shudder*

Straight to military school.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Madmya wrote:Imagine if your kids started saying Nindie, lestat. *shudder*
Imagine Jasper producing offspring *shudder*
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Hopefully he is doing his part like these specimens making sure their genes stop with them

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/78q9 ... r-twenties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

3DS is detrimental to kids eyesight at younger ages, that's why they have the 2DS, Nintendo clearly state this. You would be blinding your own kids Rocco. :shock:
What you're saying is you believe your children would not enjoy a masterpiece child-friendly game like Super Mario Odyssey.
They're not into platformers, they like games with crafting and building. Minecraft, stardew valley, LEGO, zoo tycoon, portal knights etc.

These games provide them with infinite hours of entertainment and engagement via online/co-op modes.

Love of platformers is really a trait of older gamers that grew up with 2d gaming. It's also why mario really doesn't have much competition, also why they have to stooped to throwing in mario toys in McHappy meals to try and attract young kids. I posted the stats who owns switches, it was overwhelmingly 20-40 year old gamers.

Pokemon is the strongest IP nintendo have with young kids these days, but by the time they release a real pokemon game for it, they'll be $200 and I'll bite then. ;)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Lepo5 wrote:Imagine Jasper producing offspring *shudder*
You seriously come across as a fat paedophile. Sorry, but you just do come across as someone who would molest his own daughter. :?
gutterCUNT wrote:Hopefully he is doing his part like these specimens making sure their genes stop with them

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/78q9 ... r-twenties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This coming from the maggi noodle slurping broke cunt who confessed to eating nothing but supermarket noodles for weeks to be able to afford to buy a gaming system. :lol:

You shouldn't have kids for the simply reason they are likely to be diagnosed with type two diabetes by the age of five with all the noodles you'll be force-feeding them, because you can't afford to properly feed them. :thefinger:
lestat wrote:3DS is detrimental to kids eyesight at younger ages, that's why they have the 2DS, Nintendo clearly state this. You would be blinding your own kids Rocco.
Nice editing out your nasty insult! :roll:

Like I said before...you're either petrified of your son/s being gay or trans (which makes sense as you're openly anti-gay), and therefore you're strong-arming your boys to "man up" and only enjoy XBOX and games like GoW/Halo/Forza.

OR

You're purposefully deluding yourself into thinking your kids wouldn't want to play games like Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, because you don't want to think that you would be evil enough to rob your own kids of such incredible child-friendly games. :cry:

Whatever the real reason is...here's your fucking mug! :down:

Last edited by Jasper on 24 Nov 2017 05:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

And FYI - McDonald's & Nintendo still partner together to have Happy Meals with Super Mario Bros branded toys...including here in Australia just last month! :roll:

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So it’s true what Sculli said about the Switch feeling like a happy meal toy.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Both my boys have had girl friends already. So no I'm not concerned there Rocco.

Also Rocco what makes you think I haven't already introduced these games to them.

You're so out of touch Rocco.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Your young boys having girlfriends means absolutely nothing. I had a girlfriend when I was in year four, and look how I turned out? :D

As for you "introducing" Nintendo games to your kids? I'm assuming you're talking about the ancient 2D graphic NES/SNES/GameBoy games you STOLE by ILLEGALLY downloading them online... :down:

lestat wrote:Pretty good emulator, runs most games flawlessly on my galaxy s2, the only pain is you need to get the right romsets but you'll find a few torrents around that have complete compatible roms.

The project code/web page http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... or#p323595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lestat wrote:I'd first try and get some GBA roms to work first, verify the supercard is not at fault. Then also verify the roms you have work ok, by using a pc emulator to make sure they haven't been patched or altered which is screwing things up.

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... t=emulator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lestat wrote:Recently got a galaxy tab s2 for the kids, it works really well as a game tablet. The 4:3 aspect is perfect for scaling and with a 64gb sd card I can load up a full rom set.

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... om#p414059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[/quote]