Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by pilonv1 »

:up:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Same, I got the superior pc version. Better lod, better lighting and screen space reflections. It's just too short, but for $13us, I don't feel too ripped.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Not sure if anyone will care about this and it isn't really gaming related, but my new work keyboard arrived today so I'm a bit geeked:

I'm sick of using shitty Dell keyboards at work. This is a Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA!!1 with Cherry Blue switches. Strangely I find that my typing with the browns is louder because I tend to bang the keys more without the click. If I put a soft base underneath it I don't think it will be too loud. Not like a model M or anything. I'm not normally a pretentious keyboard wanker but this really does feel nice.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think my G710+ uses browns. I bash that shit and they're pretty loud. But that's kind of satisfying.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Have any of you boys played the Mass Effect games on PC? I'm feeling the urge for yet another run through, but I'd like to see what they're like on PC....

edit - Fuck it, $15 on Origin for the trilogy, what the hell.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Have any of you boys played the Mass Effect games on PC? I'm feeling the urge for yet another run through, but I'd like to see what they're like on PC....

I never actually finished the trilogy but wanted them on PC. If it's worth the money Candy I'll definitely purchase them...
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I only played a little on PC after originally playing on the consoles, one thing that jumped out to me immediately was that the UI was quite different / more involved on PC.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Vince wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Have any of you boys played the Mass Effect games on PC? I'm feeling the urge for yet another run through, but I'd like to see what they're like on PC....

I never actually finished the trilogy but wanted them on PC. If it's worth the money Candy I'll definitely purchase them...
I bought them, $15 isn't a huge risk.
one thing that jumped out to me immediately was that the UI was quite different / more involved on PC.
I like the sound of this.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

True of at least the first game, I'm not sure how two and three differed from console to PC. :)
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Can't call it Master Race any more guys:
http://www.pcgamer.com/lets-stop-callin ... ster-race/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That identity triggers hurts in some folk. Best rename it the "PC Thunder Cunts gaming thread". No wait, that's thunder CATS. Sorry - I read it wrong.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol: What a fucking pussy sook writer.

70 years since the Nazi party were doing their thing. As if the Nazis were the first to consider themselves the master race. Dude needs to get over it. Or be a victim and stick to consoles. He's probably not even a Jew.

LOL...the backlash in the comments is awesome.

oh my... apparently the writer of the article is dating a Ubisoft employee and was also writing glowing articles about their games.

Nobody listen to this guy. This guy...there's something not right with this guy.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Guys do you realise how serious this SJW problem is?
-------------------------------------
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Has been for years. Facebook gives them the voice and audience they so desperately need.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It's tongue in cheek ffs. That's the joke.
It's so ludicrous. It's a piss take at PC snobbery.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

My gaming PC is about 7 years old now. In that time I've upgraded the RAM (from 3GB to 4GB after a stick died ... on the day I was to print my honours thesis :shock: ), the graphics card (I can't remember what it had originally but it currently has a GTX 460), and the OS multiple times (from Vista (and the case still has the original Vista sticker on it!) to 7 to 8, and from a 32-bit OS to 64). So it's hardly a gaming beast these days but it's certainly served me well! So well that the WSAD letters have rubbed off on the keyboard :lol:

Looking to get a brand new PC for Windows 10 and Battlefront. Can't wait :D
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I had to look up what SJW meant. Couldn't agree more. PC bullshit is a pet hate of mine.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think I might be suddenly starting to see his point though. I just realised that since I went to Master Race I've become a slave trader in Elite Dangerous. And I'm enjoying it. Too much.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Hi guys,

I'm about to join the master race gaming club as I have a HP Stream 7 on the way from Amazon.

This powerhouse tablet will run skyrim, farcry, half life 2, team fortress, psp emulation etc all for a piddly $80 USD.

So extend your hand to your newest member of this elite and exclusive club.

HP Stream 7 Gaming - Skyrim on the HP Stream 7: http://youtu.be/CVMRHHqwX0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HP Stream 7 Gaming - Playstation Portable Emulation - PPSSPP: http://youtu.be/r0cHJmoa8wY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Has anyone checked to see those links aren't viruses?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Only someone running windows would say that. But no, they're just links to YT. They look funny because I think Jizz got the link using a YT app for his device.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Master race is fitting name because the germans lost WWII and we are seeing people starting to play on the phones more than on pc. Minecraft sold more on console than on pc. That means pc is slowly losing the platform war as kids determine the future.

Most kids would rather play simple shit like minecraft on devices that are easy to use. Not on clunky pc. Let's not forget diablo 3 on pc sucked compared to the console version. Because console gamers are better at most of the action games. Console gamers are the master race. But the master race platform is probably the phones because so many can buy cheap shit on them and they are breeding. Whereas pc is stagnant and people just own one game. (usually some mmo that goes f2p)

Remember its survival of the fittest that determines who is best. And pc imo is dying. EB Games has tiny pc section. Steam is the poor man's shop where you can't even sell your games to your friends second hand (unlike games you buy in the real world that are not tied to accounts).

I get it, the pc gamer wants to be noticed so they focus on specs but if you had a choice to drive a truck wiith lots of power vs a light sportscar with a powerful engine inside it that is not dragged down by sloppy code, you'd go the light vehicle which uses its power efficiently, not the truck which takes ages to speed up and has lots of other shit to carry causing the thing to go slow around corners and take ages to brake. Handhelds are great examples of this because you can play a fighting game or arcadey shooter and boot it up quickly. You can go anywhere to play it. You will get low res (less detail) but the small screen makes it ok since the graphics don't need to be detailed. (you would never notice the tiny wrinkles on a mans face or stretch marks on a hookers body with tiny screen - that's excessive detail)

Is there any advantage playing a game with 8-bit looking visuals like Shovel Knight or Terraria on pc vs playing on the go on a 3ds?
Nope. Just the feeling that you are more powerful because you are using a powerful machine to run a game that isn't resource demanding. That's like using a truck to race a sports car with lots of tight corners on the track. The big machine could crush the smaller vehicle and ram it into the wall if it can catch up, but its a waste of energy.
I can play steam world dig on my little portable in 3d and be ok with it because the cartoony graphics don't have much detail I'm missing out on when scaled down.

My definition of Master Race however is the one that survives the system wars. Not the most powerful machine. Think about it from a war perspective: A tank is nothing more than a tool good for shielding itself from smaller targets while it shoots shells at other hard targets, but it can be taken out with a RPG because it is slow and heavy. PC is like a tank: it handles like absolute shit, but its good for rough surface (playing games from other systems due to flexible nature of being an open platform ie emulators and pirated games) and has loads of power. But is it necessarily better? No. Kids don't want to play mario with keyboards and go online and be reminded that if they don't log in 24 hours they are thieves and constantly accused of hacking and modding things to cheat. They want to boot up the game now and play and end the session quickly. No lag, sloppy code, poor quality control etc problems that pc brings along.

Of course you could argue the console now are becoming like pc with all the patches but that is due to sloppy treatment by third parties. Most first party titles are polished to perfection and use the system's strengths and more power efficient. It's when you get into pc territory of off the shelf graphics engines where you have a problem of games looking the same and feeling the same. (its just laziness of the game developers who want to take shortcuts instead of build their title from the ground up and keep to one system so that everyone in the project is focused on a single hardware instead of dividing their attention to cater to all systems)

Think back to the 16-bt days. Was the neo geo the master race? For tech specs yeah it was. But it didn't even have 6 button fighting games like street fighter on it. Only 4 button. It used the power on graphics but you could get games like Donkey Kong Country that looked as good as anything you'd see on a neogeo. Who is the real master race? The snes and megadrive. Because they survived while NeoGeo couldn't give you a long RPG game or adventure due to lack of people who could buy it, or use it. The games like Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting and King Of Fighters were rivaled by ports of Street Fighter Alpha 3 later on in the snes life. So the weaker system (with a lot of patience and effort by coders) eventually was able to come out on top. (because of efficient use of the limited powers)
Games like Dragon Age use to be aimed at the pc guy. Now it's turning to multiplatforms. The reason? Console gamers are the master race. Because the power alone of pc is not enough to win a system war. And the systems that survive the war are the ones that go on to "breed" so there is more of them which then take control of the future due to numbers. (phone gamers risk killing off the nazis since everyone likes cheap shit. That's why we can't get rockstar to port grand theft auto 3 to vita even though having buttons is ten times better than touchscreen only controls - the kids of tomorrow are going to think all games are phone games because third party developers don't have passion for their franchises the way first party companies like nintendo do; where controls matter to the experience)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

GameHED wrote:Master race is fitting name because the germans lost WWII and we are seeing people starting to play on the phones more than on pc. Minecraft sold more on console than on pc. That means pc is slowly losing the platform war as kids determine the future.

Most kids would rather play simple shit like minecraft on devices that are easy to use. Not on clunky pc. Let's not forget diablo 3 on pc sucked compared to the console version. Because console gamers are better at most of the action games. Console gamers are the master race.
Stopped reading at this point. Have you played Diablo 3 on the PC lately? Or at all? It shits on the console version from great heights. Constant patches and tweaks to the backend of the game. Easier and more precise controls with a decent mouse. Seasonal characters and upgraded Legendary and Ancient equipment sets. The console version is a decent attempt but any Diablo fan in their right mind is on the PC version.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GameHED hates anything being superior to Nitnedno. It means he hates a lot of things.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

flipswitch wrote:Only someone running windows would say that. But no, they're just links to YT. They look funny because I think Jizz got the link using a YT app for his device.
I was just being a dick because it read like it came from a bot. That's a pretty cool tablet though. $100 to get something running windows well enough to run skyrim, even if I don't give a shit about playing Skyrim in poor settings.

Raspberry Pi 2 is going to have Windows 10 too (though it'll probably be more like an RT version). I'm pretty damn excited about getting this new Pi :D