Street Fighter V - the best fighting game now even better!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: Street Fighter V - PS4 and PC only

Post by Jasper »

Nah. The game is a dud. :down:

This game was formally announced with a fancy trailer and plenty of buzz all the way back in fucking 2014, so Capcom have had a very, very long time to work on it...and they blew it!!! :roll:

Sure there will be some updates here and there, but it's clearly obvious from both critics reviews and gamers reviews, that Street Fighter V simply sucks. :|

Now i'm even wondering if Microsoft knew all along that this game wasn't a top priority for Capcom and that it simply wasn't going to be the Street Fighter game everyone was expecting - and thus Microsoft let Capcom make it a PS4 console exclusive, instead of bothering to pay Capcom money to also bring it over to XB1. :?
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

It was rushed out. But overall those guys will continue to support it.

One criticism I have is capcom never making new villains and bosses.

I would like capcom to put in a reptilian alien as the final boss to SF V.

The whole time Bison was just the alien's puppet. Gill was his errand boy and failed. Now the leader of all the secret societies has unvieled himself in human form to show his people are the best fighters. To prove it he enters the touranment. His ability is healing and regeneration, and paralysis using his fear beam that shocks a character to prevent them functioning mentally for a short time so they can't attack. (makes the opponent's behviour much more predictable because you know they can only turtle after a beam hits you with his third eyeball in his forhead)

We know capcom loves secret societies (shadowlaw is skull and bones, Gill's organisation is the illuminati with robed followers who show religious devotion) so I think they need to go further with those ideas and copy the plot from "They Live" and show who is behind all the evil. Have akuma be his first victim of defeat and like Charlie being murdered by M.Bison from past games, he kills Akuma off in a martial arts duel. This then leads to Ryu's interest in seeking him out for new challenge and the central focus of the game's story.

The sub boss should be one of the robed followers you see in Street Fighter III who is a fighting warrior monk.
The name of the end boss is Viscious. Thus the title SF V. He does not see himself as a villain but as a protector of the people he leads who have constantly had thier plans for world domination thwarted because human fighters won't worship them. (they view humans as cattle to serve under them)
Last edited by GameHED on 17 Feb 2016 04:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The game itself when you're playing is fucking awesome. It's a lot more aggressive and rewarding of offensive play than SF4.

The shit around it is terrible and Capcom have handled the launch poorly.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

I still cannot believe the game doesn't even have a fucking arcade mode, and Capcom have made it crystal clear that they have no intent on releasing one down the line. :roll:

I'm sorry, but an arcade mode is a staple within Street Fighter games - and it's utterly ridiculous there isn't one. :down:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The game has been rushed to release for the Capcom Pro Tour and people like me who buy it for competitive play.

For everyone else...yep DO NOT BUY THIS GAME until they start delivering on some promises. If they do then it's the full package. If not...fuck them.

I can fully understand your outrage Jasper. If I were in your position I'd boycott SFV on Wii U and stick with Minecraft.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

At least tell capcom that fight money should be allowed to be earned even if offline. If the bloody servers crash that is thier fault not the customer's fault. Those characters which must be unlocked through an 'always online' connection should be unlockable through offline play if the fault lies with capcom servers not working. You see, if they want you to pay for the characters with real money, they can easily shut the servers down on purpose to piss you off (forcing you to have to buy them with real money) and increase profit throgh deception. You don't want them to have the option to do this. How will you ever know if they are deliberately ruining the experience so you'll get fed up of earning the characters through fight money and end up just buying them with real money?

I think if they just let us have the fighters free with offline unlocking, people would feel happier.
Or just introduce season pass and after 6 months of the content being out, it's free for everyone so that casual gamers can see everything.
Last edited by GameHED on 17 Feb 2016 04:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Next time the Capcom rep visits your EB store you should tell them that yourself. I'm sure they'll listen to you.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Quick GameHED...

Candy Arse is heart-broken and humiliated. :cry:

Sick 'em GameHED! Kick him whilst he's down...do it NOW!!! :evil:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Uhhh no, Candy.

It's not my job to teach them how to make money.

They need to look at the game series as not just for hardcore gamers but for all skill levels. A casual gamer might like Alex but hate having to pay just to play that one.
If you put barriers and pay walls into games people get pissed.

They should do the season pass thing, make characters be unlockble offline, and if the dlc is 6 months old, let casuals get access to the content without earning either fight money or havig to pay wih real money.

You want as many people exposed to SF as possible not just online gamers who are crazy people who think lag is normal. The more people playing, the more interest overall in the series.

First you hook them with free shit. Then as they get hooked you create better games which holds thier interest and increases awareness. Then people want to participate in the sport and they go out and buy the game instead of returning it to ebgames.
I get it. They want to promote the competitive gaming side to SF but many don't have time to train for tournaments so you got to cater to these average customers who feel they are being excluded using pay to win business strategy. Give them the chess pieces, but improve the core in sequels. (sell vanity items to make money instead of characters)
Last edited by GameHED on 17 Feb 2016 05:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Sick 'em even harder GameHED! :evil:

Candy's on his knees in tears. You're doing well....keep kicking and don't let him get back up!!! :keke:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Cosmetic items and music and stages shoukd be DLC but not characters.

Make fight money similar to points in MVC2 where you can still earn things offline. That way when servers die off (similar to what happened to Monster Hunter Tri shortly after Monster Hunter 3U's release on Wii U) they don't take away content from those who didn't unlock the characters yet. Not rocket science..
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Sick 'em even harder GameHED! :evil:

Candy's on his knees in tears. You're doing well....keep kicking and don't let him get back up!!! :keke:

:lol:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:Uhhh no, Candy.

It's not my job to teach them how to make money.

They need to look at the game series as not just for hardcore gamers but for all skill levels. A casual gamer might like Alex but hate having to pay just to play that one.
If you put barriers and pay walls into games people get pissed.

They should do the season pass thing, make characters be unlockble offline, and if the dlc is 6 months old, let casuals get access to the content without earning either fight money or havig to pay wih real money.

You want as many people exposed to SF as possible not just online gamers who are crazy people who think lag is normal. The more people playing, the more interest overall in the series.

First you hook them with free shit. Then as they get hooked you create better games which holds thier interest and increases awareness. Then people want to participate in the sport and they go out and buy the game instead of returning it to ebgames.
I get it. They want to promote the competitive gaming side to SF but many don't have time to train for tournaments so you got to cater to these average customers who feel they are being excluded using pay to win business strategy. Give them the chess pieces, but improve the core in sequels. (sell vanity items to make money instead of characters)
You've got all these great ideas that you share with us. Why not use your clout as an EB Games store manager and talk with your reps?

Do you think SFV needs a tranny character to be more appealing to the masses?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

They already had one in SF4.

I said I want a reptiian alien as the boss. You didn't even read the earlier posts..

Capcon never listens to me but they listen to you. So i want you to pass on the idea to them saying you came up with the idea, then threaten to leave the community if they dont like it.

I reckon that would be better since EBGames doesn't sell many pc products.

Think of the reptilian as similar to Pyron from darkstalkers or cell from Dragon Ball Z. We need a fucking alien. You got humans, robots, mutants, circus freaks (the Strret Fighter EX games) but no alien? I think it would complete the SF universe.

Shadowlaw = skull and bones society

Gill = Leader of the Illuminati

Next step is the reptilian alien who posesses the bad guys deciding to fight outside of the shadows and openly particpate in fighting. Unlike Gill where it's all physical attacks only, he can alter a person's brain activity from distance to project negative thoughts so they can't fight as effectively. (like jedi mind trick but only if the energy beam hit you) If Bison is thought of as demon then he'd be a fallen angel with more refined style. Most of the attacks would involve absorbing your energy to feed himself. You are the food source because you project negative energy his way which feeds him. To win you got to avoid fear beams which make you doubt your ability to overcone his will.
Last edited by GameHED on 17 Feb 2016 05:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's working much better tonight. Had heaps of ranked games. Fantastic netcode.

Vega and Cammy are my go-to characters right now. Looking forward to bitch-slapping you again cloud.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote: Capcon never listens to me but they listen to you.
If Capcom listened to me we'd all be playing Capcom vs SNK 3.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK....this game is really fucking awesome in terms of the combat itself. So much more rushdown compared to SF4. Rounds can be over very, very quickly and it flows so nicely.

I'm going to the first SFV tournament in Melbourne this weekend, keen to see where everyone else is at.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

GH will be there getting Street Passes with his 3DS.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I don't think he's allowed out without his carer this weekend. GameHED can you confirm you're permitted to leave the facility?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

cloud wrote:Image
Pokken is looking amazing. Check out some of the new videos that have come out. The Shadow MewTwo vs Chandelure video in particular.
Pokken absolutely looks tourney viable.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Candy Arse wrote:Elf - FANG is a charge character, so is Bison.
Bison was always an option for me in IV, and a strong one at that. I thought they'd turned him into a Shoto for 5 though? I'll look into Fang and watch some videos/twitch. Cheers.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Absolutely not a shoto. He's all charge moves except for one special and his super.

FANG is all charge except for super. I expect Guile, Balrog and Urien to be charge as well.

Game ran buttery smooth last night. Great netcode and zero dropouts...it's improving!

I love the changes they've made from SF4. No vortex or 50/50 shit. The speed isn't faster than 4 but because of quick rise and greatly increased damage output the pace is way faster. SF4 rewarded defensive play where 5 rewards rushing that shit down!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

So what you're saying is that Ken players all over the world are rejoicing?