Test Drive

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

That was a great game last night :up:

We need to get some more people in and have some bigger races.....
I think I need to spedd some more moeny on cars. I don't have enough variety for multiplayer....
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I got that old Lamborghini last night, it's fucking awesome :thumbsup:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Old lambo? Is that a Miura? Don’t think I have a classic class car yet – might have to try for one of them. They have limited availability though don’t they?

In fact, I think I might just concentrate on getting some fun cars from now on, rather than worrying about getting the best I can for a given class. It’s fun to drive different things just for a giggle.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Yep, the Miura, cost me 40k and I had to put a reservation on it. It was worth every cent, especially since it makes the G class races a breeze. And it looks AWESOME.
It’s fun to drive different things just for a giggle.
Get a Weissman then ;)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Has anyone unlocked the motorbikes?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

got em. Driving a triumph around now. Helmet view is awesome.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

That Miura is awesome. Class G is more fun than I thought it would be - we should race them next time too.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

The map is awesome. If I had a wife I could give it to her so I could get lost!
DjBigK wrote:I object to the referreeing in the Grand Final on the weekend...
Hercy wrote:Image

Actually, not really, but this is the internet and I'm obliged to use crappy internet memes.
If you are going to do it, Do it right! :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

$40,000 in less than 2 minutes.

Sorry if this seems like n00bish info, as I haven't been playing this game that much yet, so I don't know how otherwise easy cash is to come by in this game.

I've found an awesome little grindy spot for making quick cash.
There is a speed camera event on the far east area of the island called "Lucky Day". If you follow from the most eastern point of the island, and follow the north coast in a westerly direction, there is an orangy area, and "Lucky Day" is just below it. If you get to the inhabited island, you have gone too far west.

I was doing this event in a Ferrari F430 (untuned), and can easy get $40,000 in less than 2 minutes every time.

From the start just speed up and head through the first speed camera, then take the first left after it. Speed through the next camera, then take the immediate right. Follow that right to the end and take the right hander at the end. Then just follow that road back through the last 3 cameras.
Rinse and repeat.

Just one note though. This event is only available after you have hit the expert level.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

There's a speed camera test "180mph on a winding road" in the far north of the island. If you've got a B+ car with 190+ top speed and at least 1 tuner pack you can hit the 180 before you even get close to the road winding, and you can do it in a bout 20-25 seconds. Gold gives you $20,000.

Apparently Ford Day is another easy winnings, but I can't find it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Do some of the trasporting missions, just driving the car and trying to not crash it. The 32Km Pontiac Firebird challenge is great. $99,999 and there are no sharp corners. It is just very very long. I bought myself a new house, a pontiac and two more motor bikes thanks to it :D

I actually got into a police chase that was awesome. I took the motor bike cross country :D I love doing monos on the bike they look so cool.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Secret Island!
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I just completed the Island Tour thing - took me about 45 minutes! Painful, but great fun. I was thinking of buying a bike next but it's telling me I haven't found all the car yards yet? Weird.

Anyway, if you're after a quick buck then here's my standard method: On the road down on the south coast somewhere between Rancho Relaxo and the south east tip there's a challenge where you have to reach 170mph. It's open to all classes and it pays $15K a pop, but it's piss simple and takes only seconds to complete. It starts you off facing oncoming traffic. Just drive across the divide to the other side of the road and head up the hill. Stick to the left shoulder and you should reach 170mph in no time.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

ahhh... yeah I did that and got pissed off and stuff cause people were swerving into me...

and now the game has locked up... maybe I shouldn't have visted the secret island. Oh well at least it saved that info.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Excellent vid Grey - I'm at that Island now. Going for a look around...

:)
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Here it is...the Secret Island:

It's just a loop. Nothing exciting really, but it's a nice looking island.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

yeah I had a quick look around, took some shots while flying through the air on my bike :D

I love bikes so much...

I even saw lestat :D I did some monos around him. Then accidently hit the jump to location button when looking at the map.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

Do you need much skill to be useful online? I tried a quick match with bots (I wasn't connected at the time) and can't seem to even get around a corner right. Should I gain more skill offline first?
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Hey you bunch.. picked up TD:U this afternoon.. have just been cruising around thus far.. Is there anyway to teleport using the map? Or does this come later in the game? Pretty much all I have done thus far is bought a house, bought a car, and delivered another car.....
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

You get it after you do a few races.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

wrong thread :(
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I have been going insane. I have driven my car down to the bottom of the airport. The ohao racetrack or some crap... and have watched people glitch their cars through the concrete barrier into the airport. I can't work out how they are doing it. Has anyone else done it?

I know how to get the motorbike in via the gardens but I just want to get a car in there.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

I played the demo of this for the full hour last night... couldn't stop driving like a fuckwit around the golf course! If I find this puppy for sub-$90, I'll definitely buy it.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Played a few hours of this last night.. really enjoying it thus far... it would have been nice if the buildings in the main areas were mapped a little more accurately.. but can't ask for too much! Annoying how dealerships don't show up on the map, though having the big fold out map helpds with that.. bought a Class E Nismo tuned 350Z... is it possible to tune cars you already own? Basically so far I've just been cruising around doing all the races, and driving the models. Only have two cars (the 350Z and my original Audi TT), and the original property I bought. Visited the Island last nice, and showed some other dude online how to get there...

Where abouts is the Games Ranch club house? I have to add all you bloked to my live friend list.... been lazy thus far.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

DjBigK wrote:Annoying how dealerships don't show up on the map, though having the big fold out map helpds with that..
The right/left bumper toggles between challenges, dealerships etc, and other players on the GPS map. Unless you mean how dealerships don't show up until you visit them. BTW, where did you buy your copy of the game? Getting the fold out map seems to be a lottery.

DjBigK wrote:bought a Class E Nismo tuned 350Z... is it possible to tune cars you already own?
All the tuning shops are on the fold out map. Most cars can be tuned (although what 'tuning' means is buying one of three upgrade levels). And you're a retard if you buy anything other than the third level (unless it bumps the car to the next class maybe, which is very rare).

DjBigK wrote:Where abouts is the Games Ranch club house? I have to add all you bloked to my live friend list.... been lazy thus far.
If you go to any clubhouse and choose "join" and choose Rancho Relaxo then our clubhouse will appear on the GPS map. It's near the crater east of Honolulu.