You're right, but Apple started it.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Are MS positioning themselves to exit the dedicated console business?
This is what I've considered since the late 360-era. They let some of their top talent go - Bungie and Bizarre. Sure, I can see the logic of not wanting more than one 1st-party racing franchise, but Bizarre have done plenty of stuff other than racing Sure, I can see why Bungie don't want to do Halo forever, since finishing the story, but that's why they spun it off to 343 Industries. They could have kept Bungie and their - no pun intended - halo effect, and had a solid library of first-party games.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Twiztid Elf wrote:but Bizarre have done plenty of stuff other than racing
Their other games flopped. The Club, which I thought was pretty good, an arcade third person shooter focusing on high scores, that wasn't well recieved. Blur, best mario kart racer on a rival platform, didn't sell cos people wanted Split>Second and of course that James Bond game, that was pretty shite.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

what about Fur Fighters?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I thought we were talking about 360 and MS letting them go not Dreamcast games. :P
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

As an Xbox One owner or an Xbox consumer in general, you may well find the changes proposed to be pretty positive overall; UWP heralds a potentially dramatic shift in Microsoft's console strategy which would change the Xbox landscape, but would overall result in Xbox consumers getting access to more software and functionality. It's a pretty good deal for those on the console side of the equation.

If you're looking at this from the perspective of a PC gamer, though, you'd be forgiven for being far, far less enthusiastic. Sure, the notion of being able to move games and applications between UWP devices is appealing - but it comes at the cost of shifting to the Universal Windows Application (UWA) architecture, whose pros and cons are still being hotly debated within the industry. The view of many developers - most notably and most vocally Tim Sweeney of Epic Games - is that UWA applications are more limited and more restricted than existing Windows apps, and are essentially designed to give Microsoft vastly more control of the application ecosystem on Windows. This doesn't bother Xbox users, of course; software for consoles can only be published by, or under license, from the platform holders. Shifting to that model for Windows, though, would represent a very major loss of freedom on the platform - one which makes developers deeply uncomfortable.

Its goals for UWP are lofty, and the notion of software that's largely able to run cross-platform between PCs, consoles, phones and tablets is an interesting and worthy one - but along the way, it risks losing sight of what makes the PC and Windows ecosystems great in the first place. The PC is a brilliant platform for games not because of the powerful hardware you can put into the box, but because of the openness and freedom of the platform - openness and freedom that encourages innovation, experimentation and creativity, that by its nature permits modding and extension of beloved games by talented fans, and frees users to change or add to their gaming experiences in novel and powerful ways. If the PC platform were to become nothing more than a more expensive games console in a less nicely designed box, it would lose almost all of the magic that makes it into such a vital and dynamic part of the gaming world. Microsoft may have no plans or intention of slaughtering the goose that lays such golden eggs; but if it's going to keep hanging around the barn with a meat cleaver in its hands, it needs to start explaining itself much more clearly, directly and honestly than it has been up until now.
Source
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Microsoft wants to be like nintendo where its first party games look better than everyone else and third parties are restricted.

That's why the third parties should all go to NX. Cletus and Candy would then commit suicide and the world would be free of tyranny. I would rather japan be the dominant ones in the game industry. I am sick of american games reusing old assets and passing the games off as new games like with COD and then kids grow up with limited imagination as all they play is the same shit with different numbers.

The indie scene is far more exciting then the triple A scene. The reason? Because smaller teams means more creative control by the original makers of the games. Look at what happened to dragon age for instance. It was a SJW RPG that insults the target audience of the people that buy the gamess in the franchise. I am happy to see western gaming scene fall because of this. Also is it any wonder Witcher 3 kicked so much butt? Because the underdog works way harder than the dude at the top for open world rpg)

Also what needs to die: the F2P model. Nothing is free. I think kids need to learn that money doesn't come from nowhere. Paying for things is fine and makes the quality of gaming better. Play less games, but pay more and we wil see quality games rise to the top and crap sink to the bottom.

Did you know Two Tribes ( the makers of Toki Tori) are quiting gaming industry now?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... tting-down" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's thanks to the crappy mobile games that have flooded the market. It's all because of these non-gamers entering into gaming. We need to be exclusive not inclusive of everyone. What happens if non-gamers hijack the gaming culture and the result is lots of shit in the market that isn't worth paying money for but which still gets attention. The industry has gotten bigger but it feels worse quality.

This is why the good part of gaming is shrinking while the crap part is growing:
whenever I say the game industry is doomed due to lack of ethics, nobody believes me. It's doomed ok?
Games are brought out without bug checks, patches are huge, games are sometimes not even complete, the balance is screwed because there is a pay to win business model so the game company if it needs to get more profit it can punish poor guys.

We need to go back to normal when you bought a product in a game store, and it was complete.

And if you wanted more of it you bought new games. But the problem lies in our buying habits where people just buy a game simply to fuck around online with mates and so single player campaigns are missing (this is considered normal now - thanks to titanfall) and games like Wolfenstein with awesome gameplay are given 6 when they are meant to be 8-9.

We all bag capcom for lack of arcade mode in SFV for instance but it began with games like titalfall and COD where campaign was just a quick diversion. No more epic campaign like orignal halo games. Seems like the industry is getting more greedy and out of touch with what people like.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

...and now with MS opening up the 'bone to cross-platform multiplayer, it really makes me wonder about the future of Xbox...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I wouldn't be surprised if this was their last console and they focused on software next gen after all the success with Minecraft on the WiiU.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Exit strategy.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Consoles are just cheap PCs now, I wouldn't be surprised if xbox just becomes a cheap gaming PC that microsoft sells in their line which they refresh every 3 years, with surface they've become a bigger player in the PC hardware space.

The cross play angle was obvious with windows 10 and embracing of PC gaming recently. It's surprising they're encouraging cross play with psn though. In the long run this is great for gamers, your platform of choice will no longer restrict you from playing with your friends.

Microsoft in general has moved to a company that no longer restricts their software/services to a single platform, they want their software/services to be available everywhere now, in a cloud driven world that makes more sense.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Lestat is on the money. Good guys Microsoft being good guys again.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Seems more like Microsoft's good old Three Es approach, to me...
flipswitch
que
que

Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by flipswitch »

New Rumour on Red Dead Redemption sequel. ( from GAF thread)

http://gamerant.com/red-dead-redempt...ease-date-337/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If a new batch of rumors are to be believed, Take-Two is planning to unveil Red Dead Redemption 2 at this year’s E3 event, with the game scheduled to release at some point in fall 2017.

These new Red Dead Redemption 2 rumors stem from an anonymous e-mail received by website Frag Hero. The e-mail claims that an ex-Rockstar Games employee gave them this information about Red Dead Redemption 2, and it reveals more than just the game’s planned release window.

According to the e-mail received by Frag Hero, Red Dead Redemption 2 has been in development for over four years and will be released under the title Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West. According to the tipster, Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West will feature more than one playable character like Grand Theft Auto 5, and will reportedly boast a far larger open world than the one found in the original game.
So far I'll take any rumour over nothing.

E3 it is this year.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

How often do R* reveal show/games at E3? Apart from Ms announcing timed dlc the last game I heard announced at E3 was Agent.

Anyway, look forward to the superior Master Race version. Hope it runs as well as the last RDR! :D
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

We might get a leak before E3 and trailer at E3. It's a no brainer, fans have been demanding it, it sold well and it's 6 years ffs.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

There are actually a few rumours around what R* are doing next. RDR2 is the most highly anticipated. There's also one suggesting another Bully and also single player DLC for GTA V. I absolutely couldn't care less for Bully but the either of the other two rumours being true would be ace.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

RDR2...nothing else they can do matters. GTAV is still fresh (well for me it is), Bully doesn't need a sequel....RDR2 needs to happen. Superior PC version please.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

flipswitch wrote:New Rumour on Red Dead Redemption sequel. ( from GAF thread)

http://gamerant.com/red-dead-redempt...ease-date-337/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If a new batch of rumors are to be believed, Take-Two is planning to unveil Red Dead Redemption 2 at this year’s E3 event, with the game scheduled to release at some point in fall 2017.

These new Red Dead Redemption 2 rumors stem from an anonymous e-mail received by website Frag Hero. The e-mail claims that an ex-Rockstar Games employee gave them this information about Red Dead Redemption 2, and it reveals more than just the game’s planned release window.

According to the e-mail received by Frag Hero, Red Dead Redemption 2 has been in development for over four years and will be released under the title Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West. According to the tipster, Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West will feature more than one playable character like Grand Theft Auto 5, and will reportedly boast a far larger open world than the one found in the original game.
So far I'll take any rumour over nothing.

E3 it is this year.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote:RDR2...nothing else they can do matters. GTAV is still fresh (well for me it is), Bully doesn't need a sequel....RDR2 needs to happen. Superior PC version please.
...so long as they do it well - no GTA4 shenanigans, please.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Fuck GTA and RDR. Just give us a sequel to Body Harvest. And include FPV mode out of the box this time. You know the next GTA is just going to get banned in australia thanks to the feminists. May as well give up.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:RDR2...nothing else they can do matters. GTAV is still fresh (well for me it is), Bully doesn't need a sequel....RDR2 needs to happen. Superior PC version please.
Why don't you tell us all what made RDR superior on PC? Oh that's right, it wasn't superior at all. Awwwwwwww.

:suicide: Candy :suicide:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

You can sense the bitterness :lol:
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

So back on topic... I like XBONE as much as the next GR forum member but it's time to free up an HDMI port and some cabinet space for a PS4. Is it safe to throw out my DVD player?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The Division

XBONE - 1728 x972 30fps
PS4 - 1920 x 1080 30fps
PC - 1440p 60fps+

:suicide: t0mby :suicide: