Post by pilonv1 »

I'd rather buy a launch PS3 for this price
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: OculusRift

Post by Rorschach »

$920? For real?
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Plus shipping
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

No way, I think VR will die in the arse two years later like 3D. Wearing a headset in summer would be hell and how would you play 2p games on the couch? Two headsets?
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Do people still play couch 2 player games these days? Sounds a bit nichey.

You guys are forgetting that there are applicationsb beyond games for this. Whilst it might not be mainstream, there'll be a solid market for it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Fuck 2p games on the couch, that's where GameHED enjoys his 7fps console games - give me Elite Dangerous in Oculus Rift, give me VR Portal, give me a fantastic racing sim. Bring that shit.

....please bring that shit. This is the most speculative technology purchase I've ever made :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oh shit, imagine being in a racing seat with one of these!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'm not feeling it. Seems like too much like 3D. I think if it does take off Sony will be the one that makes it happen with their hardware.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'm not getting one either, for the record.

It's far, far less gimmicky than 3D though.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I'm keen to try one still and want to see how it pans out but for the asking price... it's out of my price range and pc specs range. Hopefully the price will come down as the HTC and Sony outings surface.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

When you pre-order the Rift you can download a program that tells you if your hardware is "ready" for it.

The whole thing early on is for hardware geeks with momey to burn. Fortunately I fit that bill...so much that I'll get the PS4 goggles too :lol: :unbiased:
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Same here. Although the PSVR will need to give me a reason software wise to double dip on VR.

Oculus is my I want VR now purchase :)
2nd place is the first loser....

Kangawallaby
Netballer

Post by Kangawallaby »

Madmya wrote:Oh shit, imagine being in a racing seat with one of these!
That's the plan for me. Can't wait to see what it's like with my wheel set up.

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

There still seems to be confusion on the Australian price, Oculus support are telling people the price in our confirmation emails is in Australian dollars.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Kangawallaby
Netballer

Post by Kangawallaby »

Expect the worst 1100Aud.

Then if your wrong you win. I would not be holding out any hope though.

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Kangawallaby wrote:Same here. Although the PSVR will need to give me a reason software wise to double dip on VR.

Oculus is my I want VR now purchase :)
Haha I think we're in the same boat #vrbuddies
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Kangawallaby wrote:Expect the worst 1100Aud.

Then if your wrong you win. I would not be holding out any hope though.
Yeah. I was excited by a $780 price. I thought that was more than reasonable and why I preordered. $1100 is significantly more. But I'm not going to cancel my preorder just yet. If HTC/Valve come out with a much cheaper price, PSOne announcement style, then I will absolutely jump ship. But I'm not willing to give up my place in the queue just yet...

Ever since I tried the dev kit back in April I was convinced VR is the future and I haven't shifted from that belief.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Kangawallaby
Netballer

Post by Kangawallaby »

I think ADR1FT and Edge of Nowhere will be my first two game purchases for Oculus.

What about you Candy ? #vrbuddies :lol:

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Do we at least have an inkling if the PSVR will even remotely be a success? :?

I believe what Sony have demonstrated is impressive BUT the cost of a PSVR is probably going to be $400 US minimum (remember, PS VR requires a separate VR system to be attached to the PS4, plus there’s of course the headset, and a camera that also needs to be attached).

Then there’s the cost of the PS Move controller to be able to play the VR games (and if that is also going to be bundled, then easily we’re looking at maybe $450 US).

The PS4 is already $350US (at least) in the USA, so together (PS4 and PSVR)….you’re looking at between $750-$800 US dollars. :shock:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

There are rumours floating around that Oculus is going to work with NX. So according to Jasper the $1000 price point is now cheap as chips.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Kangawallaby wrote:I think ADR1FT and Edge of Nowhere will be my first two game purchases for Oculus.

What about you Candy ? #vrbuddies :lol:
Not sure yet! Now that I'm confirmed to be getting the Rift I should go investigate the games :lol:

Jasper wrote:Do we at least have an inkling if the PSVR will even remotely be a success? :?
I suspect it'll be more of a success than the NX.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.wareable.com/oculus-rift/the ... rift-games" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DolphinVR

Not a single game, but an emulator capable of running a whole whack of Nintendo GameCube and Wii titles in stereoscopic 3D. It takes a bit of configuring, but the chunky, colourful graphics of Super Smash Bros Brawl, Paper Mario and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker really shine on the Rift - even if it might cause some major league vomiting.
:suicide: Jasper :suicide:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I am happy for this fad to take off for the geeks.

Will not buy one until proper well made games are out.

Not interested in the gimmicky gadget side of vr and trying to "be the first". I merely prefer it because head tracking is the evolution for fps games where your face becomes the camera stick/mouse-look for control. (that is until wrap around monitors that surround you become normal so you don't need goggles)

Sony version will probably do better. consoles are less geeky and more user friendly for the masses so more people find it "safe" to like cool thing but not safe to like techy things which makes them look like a dick in front of their friends because computers are more techical. But if their friends are using it (becaue console is user friendly) they will think its cool and want one.

I would love to see a king's field sequel with vr goggles. Come on From Software.

As for couch co-op:
you can play couch co-op minecraft and it's fun. Playing couch co-op local plus other online is fun. Not everyone is antisocial like Candy Arse. WTF are people bagging couch play these days? Have you forgotten how irrelevent you are to the greater scheme of things now that gaming is mainstream and all kinds of idiots are trying to hijack the hobby. (ie radical feminists and SJW in the hopes of braiwashing kids using technology)
Divinity original sin on console is freaking awesome with split screen. Stop being jealous that others have options and see gaming as social thing not just a solitary form of entertainment. (if they can get your grandad playing VR games in a similar way that wii got non-gamers to try golf sims, they will make loads of money if they present it right)
Last edited by GameHED on 08 Jan 2016 07:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote:http://www.wareable.com/oculus-rift/the ... rift-games
DolphinVR

Not a single game, but an emulator capable of running a whole whack of Nintendo GameCube and Wii titles in stereoscopic 3D. It takes a bit of configuring, but the chunky, colourful graphics of Super Smash Bros Brawl, Paper Mario and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker really shine on the Rift - even if it might cause some major league vomiting.
:suicide: Jasper :suicide:

Fucking gold.

I'm down with the Oculus Rift. Even if games don't support head tracking, it'd be great for immersion. BUT. Can you imagine Project CARS with head tracking and a great steering wheel? Oh man...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Kanga did you get your confirmation email? They just re-sent them...