Playstation 4 thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:Red Dead Redemption 1 and Nioh is console exclusive though.

Why play buggy shit?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... m-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Apparently you can transfer everything from your ps4 HDD to your new PS4pro via your network with LAN cables....so keeping PT is possible. But if you are trading your console in....ya fucked
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I have no idea why sony refuse to just support installing games to external usb3 drives, would make life so much easier moving from console to console.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

guttermouth wrote:Apparently you can transfer everything from your ps4 HDD to your new PS4pro via your network with LAN cables....so keeping PT is possible. But if you are trading your console in....ya fucked

That's what I did when I went PS3 fat to slim, ethernet cable and it copies everything that it's able, and cuts/pastes an thing that is copy protected so that you only end up with that data on the receiving console. Imagine the PS4 would be much the same.

Thinking about it my PS3 fat would have an almost exactly preserved snapshot of what I was up to at the time since Ive never booted it since transferring. Could technically give it loaded up with all my digital games of the time to a friend - so long as they stayed offline. Though after YLOD I doubt the console would laSt very long.

Would have been sweet to have my PS4 when PT was around but glad I got to play it with a friend on his PS4.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Just picked up the pro from EB with the trading deal. Can take old console in the next day and get trading deal refunded. Deleted everything off the old ps4 except PT. Followed the transfering instructions, PT and all saves went over with no issues. Took about 10 minutes
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Doesn't sound like that good of a deal paying $349 after trade in, means you only get $200 for the PS4 and a game. I'd bet you could sell privately for $300 meaning you only pay $249.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

My PS4 bluray is starting to die, felt it would be better to dump it on EB and gamehed rather than another gamer
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I picked my PS4 pro yesterday as well. Sold my original PS4 and put the 2tb drive in there. Console is a beast! Really noticeable playing Battlefield 1 with 64 player matches, with hardly a drop in frame rate! Also means I finally got to play my PSVR- I'm in love! Put Kitchen demo on for my wife and she shit herself! My kids were crying just seeing mummy scream! It was so damn good!
The PS4 pro is the goods. Really looks the part, is nice and quiet and the bump in resolution and frame rates is appreciated. Now to get myself a 4K screen and really use it to its full advantage...
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

The pro really does look like a half arsed upgrade, considering the bandwidth of the system didn't get a meaningful upgrade, it's not surprising to see the system choke on alpha effects.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Only matters to PC Elitists that have thousands to spend on hardware upgrades. For $300AU (after trade in) it would hardly matter to most console gamers.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Lestat, what hardware would you have chosen for the Pro at this time? Slot loading toaster with crumb tray?

Next year Sony will release a newer model with UHD Blu Ray support.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Personally I think sony was hamstrung by they way PS4 software works in their choice of hardware. Their software stack doesn't seem to cope with different hardware well, so the hardware has to emulate running "PS4" legacy mode, this is why older games aren't seeing improvements unless specifically coded for it.

The xbone directx stack can cope with differences better, this is why the One S allowed older games to run better at higher clocks, it's also why MS can do 360 BC and will be able to switch the guts of scorpio a lot more and still remain compatible with older software. They have a very clever VM driver stack.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Running NBA and Fifa in native 4K with HDR for NBA has made the pro worth the purchase so far very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2nd place is the first loser....

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I think Scorpio is going to do this .5 thing way better
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Yep probably but until then I'll happily play the pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2nd place is the first loser....

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

More pro "upgrades" :lol:
1800p with checkerboard reconstruction
Image quality looks clean and Richard is impressed
PS4 Pro dropping more frames and screen tearing in stress test areas in comparison to the base PS4
:fight:

Running at 1080p on the pro still forces internal rendering of 1800p with downsampling, so you can't avoid the worse performance. :fight:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

It's a shame as most games not only look better. It run better on pro. I actually picked up Watch Dogs 2 today and it's stunning on the pro. Hopefully they release a patch to fix this issue and, moving forward this is not a common thing.

Also, I can't praise the psvr highly enough. Everyone I've shown has been blown away. The sheer immersion is incredible and the feeling of being there is unparalleled. Really enjoying Rush of Blood and today just purchased Batman so hopefully that's another good game...
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Shadow of Modor looks very nice in 4k i'm actually going to play through it.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Some devs are offering different render modes, so you have the option to chose image quality over performance and vice versa.

Ministry, so they patched up SOM with pro support? Game ran very well on PC.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yeah it's one of the better titles to show off. You get the option for either smooth 1090p 60fps or 4K at 30fps.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Exactly what people need. Some people were complaining here that this generation needed 1080 60fps minimum. Now that we finally get it for some titles like Nioh which probably need it more than say Skyrim, the complaints have now turned into "why isn't the framerates as consistent at 4k?".

You want a Pro Elite so that tere are three different models?? ie 4k 60fps

Stop. Two is enough lol It would not surprise me though since Nintendo got away with it for 3DS.
3ds, 3dsxl, 2ds(budget model), and then "new" 3ds and "new" 3ds xl.

If there is a pro slim, you will threaten to boycott and still buy it just like nintendo fanboys hehe
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Is anyone playing Letter Quest, one of the free games this month? It's pretty cool if you like word games, but the dictionary it uses is extremely suspect. I entered GREENIE, and it was defined as "amphetamine pill". :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Exams have finished and Gamma is playing games again! :D
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I was going to skip the Pro, but found it for $340 so couldn't say no. Anyone want to buy a US launch PS4? :D

Have barely noticed a difference so far tbh. I don't have a 4k TV - things do look cleaner with the AA, but not a huge difference. I hope Sony prioritizes ensuring shit like Watch Dogs 2 doesn't happen again - they should be making games work better on the pro, not worse.

I haven't used my VR kit for a few weeks because of a neck issue, but I am keen as to give it a go with the upgraded hardware - apparently Rez looks a fair bit better.
mech

Post by mech »

Watch Dogs 2 just got a patch to fix this apparently.