Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by MiNiStRy »

Watch dogs $52 at the target 4 day gaming sale which starts on the 25th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ffs, just bought Deus Ex today for $49 from BigW. Would've bought Titanfall 2 instead had I known.

*Edit*
It's next Friday, I can live with that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Will definitely buy Titanfall 2 at that price. Love these types of sales. Only problem is when you get there the game you want gets sold out before you arrive.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Tentacles, Mads Mikkelsen and zero idea what the game is about. Yep, it's another Kojima trailer.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

GameHED wrote:Will definitely buy Titanfall 2 at that price. Love these types of sales. Only problem is when you get there the game you want gets sold out before you arrive.
#buslife
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Picked up the Pro today, missus offered to go halves towards trading in my launch model as an early Xmas present. Plus we're returning to NZ this month and retail there is $650. Given the exchange rate from here means I'd be paying 100 dollarydoos more. I was going to sell it but price is dropping on resale plus I get to pawn off my DS4 with the dodgy trigger and a shitty hdmi cable.

Only tried Deus Ex and already noticing it runs a lot smoother. HDR looks fucked though till I can find some recommended settings for my telly but at least it's in 4K. :up:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I won't be able trade in my PS4 towards a pro because I've made some slight modifications to it. I've ripped out the eject button to stop the random disc ejecting. I'm not sure if I want a pro anyway at this time, maybe later on, but I have some interest in a Scorpio which is a year off. Imagine playing the next Forza which is no doubt in development for Scorpio launch in 4K. I think that's when I'll jump in.
Other benefits include it plays UHD blu rays!.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

The Last Gaurdian will be out on the 7th, just two days.

Embargo ( think he's Mexican?) will release the reviews in just over 7hrs from this post.

http://opencritic.com/game/1524/the-last-guardian" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I will get my PS4 ready by 1. Upgrading the firmware 2: Recharge and dust DS4.

$78 BIG W.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I have a pre-order and Wednesday off. Still won't believe it's real until I'm playing it.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

PS4 owners be warned, even the pro is struggling to hit 30fps in the TLG.

Last edited by lestat on 06 Dec 2016 09:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Ugh :down:

Need a new Seal of Quality. Minimum of 30 FPS and 1080p or the game doesn't pass QA. That a pretty fucking low bar tbh.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

far out...what's the point
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Left my Pro on standby last night to download some updates and the new Grasshopper free to play game Let it Die. Woke up this morning and the Pro wouldn't turn on, even tried holding the power button down. I removed the power lead and plugged it back in and still nothing. Feared the thunderstorm last night might've fried it. Pushed eject and the disc came out and then the Pro did a hdd check.

Lesson learnt, turn off overnight.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Bit of a let down, considering how long it's been in development for 1080p and 30fps should have been locked in for the base model by default.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Playing in 1080 on the Pro seems like a wise choice for now, not like the odd 1fps dip is going to be notocable. I expect there will be some performance patches before long.

Also, I forgot to mention that I decided to advertise my PS4 privately since I had a couple of days available to hand it in to EB for a rebate, ended up getting $310 for it and I threw in the Metro Redux disc. Pretty sweet!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Install your drivers, edit ini files, reset system and hold power button for 4 seconds and enjoy your superior pro 30fps framerate. :P
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

meh It's a shit game anyway.
people just want to hype it because like Duke Nukem Forever it took ages to get released. Zelda Breath of the Wild is the one people should be hyped for. Playing as a person who is too weak and useless to be able to survive without the aid of stupid AI sounds like torture to me. Already experienced that crap with the "pawns" in the Dragon's Dogma games.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=13101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

uhhhh The game is a PS4 game. So I am on the right thread. I can go to either one. Since one is about the game. And this one is about anything to do with ps4. Dumb fuck.. lol

Was going to buy this next week but I am going to wait a bit to hear impressions about it after people have had time to actually consider whether it's good or crap.

The framerate dips are ok with me, but a lot of people seem to praise stuff about games that to be honest are not that groundbreaking at all once a game has sequels made from the base title. So whatever made the original special, gets lost when newer games of the same thing are done. (unless there is big jumps in the games systems that blows away the older games....or it's been so long that the old is considered new again due to lack of attention. eg nintendo re-releasing 2 d mario games and putting the word "new" in front of it and people actually buying them as if they were fresh games because they used 2.5d graphics from the playstation 1 days :P )

Bought Garou:MOTW on PS Store today. Wish this and Last Blade 2 came on disc.
Now that SNK is back from the grave, they should do full blown sequels to this shit. (using the Cel-shading techniques Arc System Works uses for Guilty Gear games to keep the old hand-drawn feel of the game. Don't go the same route of capcom where everything looks like painted toys - sick of that look)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

My post wasn't to direct you to the right thread, but to show you how you proclaimed TLG as GOTY, but now it's shit apparently. ;)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Just took my Ps4 in and traded it in for a Pro.. just setting it up now..

I have my next post CT scan report tomorrow.. I haven't been feeling well the last 2 weeks.. could be that I am just tired.. so I decided to be a bit indulgent and bought a Xbone at the same time :D
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It'd be a shame if the technical performance of The Last Guardian scared anyone off, it's really cool so far. Very similar feel to the previous games, the controls are a bit janky and sure the frames take a hit here and there but neither hurt the experience enough to skip it if you're interested.

I got a trophy for witnessing Trico take a shit, apparently it's quite rare. :lol:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Well I lashed out for the Pro because I wanted The Last Guardian.. just doing the usual updates and then I will dive in and play it... it looks like I will have some tears by the end of it.. it can't end well :D
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I got massive feels just from the title sequence, if the thing dies at the end I'm going to be a mess.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:Just took my Ps4 in and traded it in for a Pro.. just setting it up now..

I have my next post CT scan report tomorrow.. I haven't been feeling well the last 2 weeks.. could be that I am just tired.. so I decided to be a bit indulgent and bought a Xbone at the same time :D
Sorry to hear that that you bought an Xbone mate.

Hope you feel better soon. :t0mby: