Playstation 4 thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by mech »

No, they stick all four on the back. Not sure if that's configurable though.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Really? I could have sworn I saw otherwise on some Giant Bomb video. Hmmm.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Yeah I didn't imagine it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TnU#t=4725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe it's different from game to game?

Edit: Also like this in AC4.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv- ... mote-play/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it probably is set by the game. I think having L/R3 on the front screen makes a lot more sense, unless you need to 'click' the sticks in while walking, like some games have had in the past.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yeah, from what I've read games can reconfigure themselves to be more appropriate. Apparently KZ does this.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

So is Vita remote play really like the WiiU gamepad as I've seen touted? Is there lag to it at all? It's been so long since I've used remote play with PSP+PS3, but I distinctly remember it being useless for gameplay in the few games that supported it because button presses were a second behind. I used it every now and then for watching videos from the PS3 but even that was kind of shit if you're trying to fast forward etc. I can't slam it too much though, it was a nifty feature they implemented for free it just wasn't great.

I've been quite amazed at how the WiiU seems to have nailed it, but then I think it has a very specific setup/some hardware dedicated to streaming. Is this the same as PSVITA+PS4? My $188 Vita is already inbound so having WiiU style capability from the get go when I eventually jump in with PS4 would be very groovy.

I baulked at the feature when Nitnedno were pimping it hard, but I was amazed how well it works and how convenient it was for me. Blaze up outside and keep on gaming :P
mech

Post by mech »

Ben: Remote play on Vita / PS3 WAS hopeless.

I know I'm part of the SDF but I am actually shocked at how good Remote Play is now. It's not perfect, but it is so much better than before. It's full res, and the lag is non-existent - that's the bit that really surprised me. I had sound coming from my Vita and stereo from the PS4 and they were almost in sync; the graphics looked almost in sync too. Playing a game on the vita in the bedroom is great too. I've played Flower, Contrast and AC4 - all perfect. I'll try a racer, that'll be the real test.

Only bummer is 60fps games run at 30fps, which is understandable.
mech

Post by mech »

BTW, I am running two Airport Expresses as the connection bridge between my Vita and PS4 - PS4 is wired into one express, Vita is connected via Wifi to the other.

I usually get 50-100mbit over that connection, so it's a decent wifi connection. Two walls between the routers.

Apparently LTE works great though. Check out that video I posted Ben for some indication of lag, etc.
mech

Post by mech »

One thing I miss about Vita - the start screen on apps, surprisingly! At least you knew you could check for updates, upload saves, find the manual, etc, from there. Bit harder to find on PS4.
mech

Post by mech »

Pointy Cat wrote: I think it probably is set by the game. I think having L/R3 on the front screen makes a lot more sense, unless you need to 'click' the sticks in while walking, like some games have had in the past.
Yeah, L3/R3 on the front screen makes soooo much more sense that AC4 config is pretty good actually.

I just loaded up remote play then - on the PS4 home screen it defaults to what I mentioned. Everything I'd tried so far used that (Resogun, Contrast, maybe NFS?) - but when I tried AC4 just then it loaded up the control scheme you mentioned, which makes it completely playable.

Man AC4 looks awesome through the vita. I just had rain pick up in Havana, and the compression kept up no worries, really surprised. Looks amazing.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Mech, the power save feature is on by default I believe. You can check it for yourself in the settings app on your vita. Thanks for the impressions. Looking forward to remote play and let's hope it will support 60fps one day.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Ahh this looks awesome. And those images on the previous page, holy fucking shit!
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

mech wrote:Ben: Remote play on Vita / PS3 WAS hopeless.

I know I'm part of the SDF but I am actually shocked at how good Remote Play is now. It's not perfect, but it is so much better than before. It's full res, and the lag is non-existent - that's the bit that really surprised me. I had sound coming from my Vita and stereo from the PS4 and they were almost in sync; the graphics looked almost in sync too. Playing a game on the vita in the bedroom is great too. I've played Flower, Contrast and AC4 - all perfect. I'll try a racer, that'll be the real test.

Only bummer is 60fps games run at 30fps, which is understandable.
Fucking awse :up: thank you for the impressions/thoughts! I'm really looking forward to the PS4, though I'm still going to stick to my plan and wait for a few more games I'm interested in or a nice price drop/bundle.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Well my ps4 has left the us so hopefully by Tuesday next week.

Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-11-20T21:28:00-05:00 Los Angeles CA US
Received at i-Parcel 2013-11-18T14:46:25-05:00 Los Angeles CA US
Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-11-15T09:50:47-05:00 AU
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Mine has the exact same timestamp! Must be on the same boat/plane/rocket.

Funny that Amazon thinks it was in New Jersey where iParcel says it left from LA.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yeah I thought the same thing. Speaking to a few other guys that are getting theirs sent by dhl it seems we are on that flight also so it could be even earlier.
mech

Post by mech »

AC4 1080p patch analysis: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... d-in-depth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mech

Post by mech »

Interesting, I have a few people I know here who want a PS4 now, but it's pretty much impossible to get one.
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten
XBL ID: Kaji AU
PSN ID: Kaji_AU

Post by Kaji »

Insanely psyched for the launch next friday, picked up my copy of AC4 early @ JB.

Kaji_AU is my psn for anybody who hasn't added me yet.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I've enjoyed watching some of the PS4 games being played on Twitch lately just by randoms (often after sitting through an Xbox One ad) - it gives me a good feel for how some games play and whether or not I'll be interested in 'em. Funky feature which at first I assumed would be stupid.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

My PS4 is so close!!!!!!! Got KZ and NFS on my desk.

Friday, November 22, 2013 Location Time
12 With delivery courier BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA 12:30

11 Clearance processing complete at BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA 09:28

10 Arrived at Sort Facility BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA 08:56

Got a Bone and a bunch of games beside me also, it's gonna be a good weekend :up: Bone is going to a less fortunate mate though, he'll love it.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Trying to resist the urge to go out and buy an XB1. PS4 is somewhere in the ether until they update the tracking info.

Noticed that Knack has dropped to $41 on Amazon. First bomb of the generation.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

Mine's arrived! New PS product smell is glorious :up:

However, Ranchers importing from the states, PS4 has a 120V 60HZ power input only, so grab your steup-up converters :)
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Really? I thought it was supposed to be 110-240V switchable?
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

Sticker on the bottom of the console only says 120v 60hz unfortunately.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Any standard figure 8 cable will do its universal, unless over 100 people on whirlpool forums are wrong.