Playstation 4 thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by Mavy »

Just reading in a thread on Whirlpool that US PS4s are manufactured in China and PAL/Euro PS4s are manufactured in Japan. Is that right?
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Apparently it is going by a guy that got his early in the uk.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

No one on there can concrete confirm if it's multi-voltage? When the FCC label says 120v 60hz, i'm not going to try my luck by just plugging it into a 240v 50hz supply.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Talk to amazon and they will tell you it is. There's a stats sheet on whirlpool showing that it is universal I'll try and find it for you. But if you have a look at the ps4 from America thread at whirlpool over 40 people have plugged it in no probs at all.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Here.

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplication ... id=2022201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

Then why the fuck do they slap a 120v sticker on the bottom? Alright, gonna plug it in when I get home....
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

No idea but all the guys at whirlpool said the same thing.

Here's some more info for you.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ ... K8CUH100C1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you get yours sent standard post or express?
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

I got it sent Global Priority via DHL, but Amazon didn't charge me the extra for it.... winner winner chicken dinner :P
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

I got free post too but no luck on the dhl side as they couldn't send it to my po box.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

Yeah, PO boxes get blocked a fair bit by online merchants, fraud thing.

Anyway, thanks heaps for the voltage info, i'll plug the bugger in when I get home and fingercrossed it's not a DOA.

:shock:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Yeah it's pretty terrifying plugging 120V stuff into 240V. At least when I plugged my 240V PS3 in over here thinking it was multivoltage when it wasn't, I couldn't actually kill it.

It's oddly normal for console to not label the actual supported voltage, I don't get it.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

So did it blow up :run:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

He hasn't responded so... maybe.

Man, if he's dead I'm going to look like a right prick.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

No blow up :up: Was tense for a bit there when it took a few seconds to light up. 240v is no problem :D

The machine is perfect, unboxed and updated it within 5 minutes, jumped into KZ for a few hours and now my eyes are bleeding :shock: No errors, no freezes, silky as.

My mates Xbone that I got him however, is flaky. Controller decided not to work for 3 power cycles when we were setting up the machine, then came good. Kinect randomly kicks into command mode for no reason, then DR3 kept hard crashing during the opening area.
mech

Post by mech »

Lestat should probably have waited till Xbone launched to get stuck into ps4. So much great karma happening atm.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Good to hear that everything went smooth :up:
I also heard that Costco are selling the xbone games for $66 each so I'm sure that the ps4 ones will be also. Going to check it out myself and if that's the case cancel my eb ones.
Looks like there's going to be an ultimate bundle as well with the vita thrown in.

http://trib.al/jFNEdTl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

PS4 is in the country! Wonder how long before my games ship from Video Ezy.....
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

mech wrote:Lestat should probably have waited till Xbone launched to get stuck into ps4. So much great karma happening atm.
Of course the system udders got his mate is flakey, he' a full fledged SDF agent now and sabotaged the poor thing, probably rubbed his swinging udders all over it, amazon has lots of unverified 1 star so called bricks, sony fans are mental they just wont accept that ms had a lot less issues than sony on launch. :lol:

You do know karma would of been me receiving a dud xbone and having heaps of issues. I've had an excellent experience, no bricks on the ranch which is good to see. :up:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

What's the new controller on PC support like? I had read there would be limited support from the get go but then full featured down the track. I took that to mean it would work like a PS3/360 pad on PC but no touch pad support until later. Might just do some googling into it.
mech

Post by mech »

Ahaha, so the broken xbones are a sony fanboy conspiracy. Lestat is amazing atm. This gen is going to be so much fun.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

With any launch there will be a few duds, it happens but BLOD carried on for days as the reports kept piling in as well as the press drama before launch, the drive issue noise pardon the pun on xbone has all but disappeared now.

Disc drive/hdd drive, these are mechanical parts, you expect some failure tolerance on these moving part items, the SOC being dead out of the box, that's bad and it's rare for a SOC to be DOA, there are no moving parts and if dies after being validated from the factory it's a bad sign there might be some design fault.

Also sony released 1.51 OS update, system stability patch a few days after, the whole machine was locking up a lot. On xbone I've heard of some game crashes but the machines are not locking up at all.

Like I said, gaffers are mental, they can't accept that MS's launch went a lot smoother and problem free than sony's did, which was a bit of disaster honestly, PSN crashing and burning hard for hours, machines crashing hard, BLOD, RLOD, Drive problems too. 64 player BF4 is still broken on PS4, worked day 1 on xbone.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Playstation 4 thread

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Didn't MS suffer a big network outage too? Also a small batch of hardware problems (still a lot of people given the magnitude of the rollout)? It's pretty clear both platforms have enjoyed killer launches.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Ben wrote:What's the new controller on PC support like? I had read there would be limited support from the get go but then full featured down the track. I took that to mean it would work like a PS3/360 pad on PC but no touch pad support until later. Might just do some googling into it.
Atm it's a bit funky, from a dev perspective it needs different mappings from an XB or Logitech direct input pad, but it should still work in many games (and has work arounds for others using remappers) and it's the best pad ever made, so there's that :P

This might be the most mental I've ever seen Lestat actually, and normally he's the good kind of mental, I fear the inner Sega fan just won't let him realize that modern Sony aren't the bad guys anymore... It took me a while but I got there.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

DNS servers went down for around 15 minutes and that was before the US launch official time. Azure cloud did a great job, staying up and fast the whole time and it wasn't just 1 region go live, but all their azure cloud instances around the world going live. PS4 launch was just the US PSN service and it was down for a lot of the day. One thing you have to consider too is voice commands are cloud powered, so all these new users talking to their xbones and download updates, would of been a huge load on a fresh backend to handle, impressive show for the xbone cloud.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

News just in, MS backend superior to Sony's, has been since 2002, more at 5.

Fuck, i'd be worried about MS if Sony somehow managed to offer a better infrastructure for next gen.

From a survey of one i.e. Me, i've had zero issues with my PS4 experience from powering up the machine, updating, playing a game, patching a game, renewing PSN+, downloading some games and general use. From first power up to playing my PSN+ copy of Resogun, that process was literally 10mins, maybe 15mins tops.

However, the Xbone I received has been good but not without random issues. The big one was getting the initial update done and then patches for the games, most timed out a few times, while my 1.51 update for PS4 and the AC4 and COD updates came down in one try at 3mb a sec. The other one is still Kinect going into command mode whenever it feels like it, so we just unplugged Kinect and put it back in the box, problem solved. So from first power up to getting into Ryse for the first time was a good 30 minutes.

Also, the other niggle I had with the Bone was the time it took to get into a game for the first time, the installs are much longer than for PS4. Cold booting the PS4 seems a fair bit quicker also, I guess the less OS stuff it needs to load helps.