Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Gamma wrote:I got massive feels just from the title sequence, if the thing dies at the end I'm going to be a mess.
As much as I would love a PS4 to play this I'm kind of relieved I don't as I know I'd blubber if the creature suffers.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Last Guardian is so far so good.. So so SO good. Stunning to look at and when you think of all the discussion and shit about the framerate.. I honestly haven't cared.. I have noticed it but when everything looks as good as it does... it really doesn't matter.

The camera is challenging though.. BUT when in tight spaces. not to mention with Trico being as huge as he is.. it doesn't bother me that much. A patch surely can be done up to make it less tetchy in places.

The emotional connection you make with Trico is pretty amazing and how he moves is so freaky.. I seem to spend lingering moments just watching him.. seeing his body language. I haven't had much trouble getting him to do what I want. In fact he tends to be quite intuitive in many instances. I might be a bit biased though. Or more like patient. I have Beagles. :D
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Haha, yeah I can see some aspects of Trico's behaviour being divisive. Definitely brings out the pet feels.

Just finished it. Will post in the rating thread shortly, I have something in my eye.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Elite Dangerous coming to PS4:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... in-q2-2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Tom Phillips Published 08/12/2016

Deep space exploration game Elite Dangerous, already available on PC and Xbox One, will finally touch down on PlayStation 4 in Q2 2017, developer Frontier Games has announced.

This new PS4 version will include touchpad controls to allow you to easily swipe through your Milky Way navigation and customise four "hotkeys" via the touchpad to quickly access features which tie into your play style.

Motion controls using the DualShock 4's gyros will also be implemented to let you "fast headlook" around in the middle of combat.

Finally, naturally, the game will get a performance boost on the beefier PlayStation 4 Pro.

"We're thrilled to bring Elite Dangerous to PlayStation 4," Frontier boss David Braben said, "with a rich multiplayer or single-player space, a true-to-life galaxy including our own entire night sky, real physics, unique ship handling characteristics and a player-driven narrative that's really heating up.

"The galaxy has been stable for centuries, but all that is about to change. PlayStation 4 players will be joining our galaxy at a very exciting time."
yay I knew they would cave in and make a port.

After the failure of No Man's Sky this is much needed game. Not enough space truck sims on console imo.

Maybe it's time Colony Wars franchise was re-booted for these current gen machines? Would be good with VR.

Next up "Star Citizen to be cancelled on pc and made into a console exclusive. " All the excess money goes to port on Nintendo Switch so people can play it on the go.

NMS guys quits Hello Games and goes to work on Star Citizen:
http://starcitizenstardock.com/2016/11/ ... r-citizen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hopefully this "lets you do anything" now that they have NMS talent helping to add magic to the SC gameplay. (ie procedurally generated space monsters that don't make any sense but will save them a lot of money avoiding the hiring of monster designers) Would love to capture a monster, study it, gentically modify it, breed them with other monsters and sell them as bioweapons to various governments as a cheap defense against alien invasions. This is something you can't do yet in NMS even though they claimed you could do absolutely anything.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'm a few hours in now on Last Guardian, and holy shit, how good is this? WOW
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Ok I'm tempted to request a PS4 Pro for Christmas. Are there any decent deals floating around or is it basically at RRP everywhere?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's a given that any good Pro/Xbone S deals will surface on Boxing day, usually a couple of games.

Atm jbhifi have a Pro and either Watchdogs 2 or Skyrim for $599. Ebgames website is down till Monday so cant check there atm although they did have a Final Fantasy bundle.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

emptyvessel wrote:Ok I'm tempted to request a PS4 Pro for Christmas. Are there any decent deals floating around or is it basically at RRP everywhere?
$599 with 4 games from eb online only.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-801062-1TB-P ... yStation-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It may be a mad Monday deal.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

My 1hr impressions of TLG. I finally bought it, had my PS4 update firmware and a few game patches and I was done.

Feels very similar to his other titles which is good. What is bad is the camera is kinda slow to move, frame rate is in the 20s from my brief playthrough, controls take time to adjust. About the frame rate, it's making me nauseous so I can't play for a long duration.

Trico's animation is very impressive, I think it was all done key-frame.

I will give it more time but with as it, it feels like something special, I'll just won't play on an empty stomach.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Max the camera speed in the options if you haven't already, it still feels heavy but it's a lot less frustrating. If you're on an original PS4 apparently you can significantly improve the framerate by setting the video output to 720p (in system settings).
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Nier Automata demo is up on the PSN, around 4.6gb or so, going to grab this tonight. Word is its pretty slick, and customisable controls to boot.

I think the demo for Gravity Rush 2 should be up there as well don't know the size on that one though.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I'm 2.2 gb down, cmon weekend phone data.. povo Ben wants his PlatinumGames fix!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I find Platinum a bit hit and miss myself, but the Nier Automata demo is pretty good! Kind of reminds me of Sin & Punishment and even Ikaruga, at least visually. Looks and sounds nice. I probably won't be there day one or anything, but I can see myself picking it up later on down the line. Heaps better than that dodgy Transformers game, much as I wanted to like it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, I didn't like Transformers either, glad it was free on PS+.

I'll give this a go.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah admittedly I didn't play the TMMT or Korra games but I enjoyed Transformers being a vested fan of both the source material and Platinum's game play.

Nier looks like another A team from Platinum outing rather than the B teams from the licensed ventures.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Transformers nailed the presentation, I'll definitely give them that. The core gameplay was just a bit too hack 'n' slashy for me. I skipped TMNT too, heard it was a turd in a sock.

Even in the single level presented in the Nier demo, there's a good variety of gameplay. It feels somewhat like a mash-up of Contra, Virtua-On and Robotron, it really just depends what the camera's doing at the time. Pretty slick. Was the first Nier this kind of game? I had it in my head it was a JRPG, but I never actually played it.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Well I received a psvr for Christmas and gave resident evil 7 vr a go and HOLY SHIT! If this is where VR is going then Count me in! I can't wait to buy it in January.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

First time trying VR?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

MiNiStRy wrote:Well I received a psvr for Christmas and gave resident evil 7 vr a go and HOLY SHIT! If this is where VR is going then Count me in! I can't wait to buy it in January.
Try Batman as well but make sure you have a couple of Move controllers. One's not enough.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yeah I tried it with the controller and it felt crap. Will purchase some when there in stock and not $200 plus on ebay.
I have tried oculus and Samsung vr (only tech demos) but after playing resident evil 7 demo and the kitchen scene this is what I envisioned with vr. Also gave the xwing level a go on swbf and it's also good even being a tech demo.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Yeah I'm loving psvr. Finished Until Dawn- Rush Of Blood on Monday and it was great! Really solid on rails shooter. Didn't dare play with headphones on as I'd shit myself! Used controller as I don't have the move controllers yet. But I'm all in for vr. It's definitely in the future for video games. In a BIG way!
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yeah I hear ya! I can"t wait for resident evil 7 vr holy shit that game is awesome . Played right through the demo and it just adds another depth to vr. Also the kitchen demo is mind blowing as I honesty felt like that crazy bitch was right there.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

VR is going to be the new method of brainwashing imo.

Be careful of the tech companies. They will use the cool gadgets to slowly control us much like the tv was used to brainwash us subliminally.
As soon as home appliances became smart devices, your house was a hackers toy to be played with. The elites love taking the tech and using it for control over us.

GMO food is one example where the synthetic food can be used to starve people by owning the nature God created. We can't allow these elites to leave the planet or they'll target other peaceful races of being out there. First they'll highlight all the medical benefits of using the tech. Then make it mandatory (think of the mandatory vacc ination of kids) then if you go against the machine/matrix of control, you will be cut off from doing commerce. We got to create our own version of Megaman X in the world that can keep the reploids that go rogue (and who wish to enslave humans) in check.

Technology is not evil. It's just that in the hands of the control freaks, humanity will inevitably be enslaved by the tech rather than freed by it. We don't need to MERGE with machines to enjoy the benefits of the machines. The machines serve humans not the other way around. And the elites can not ever become gods because machines are not indestructible since they were made by humans which is a fallen being that is imperfect. Anything imperfect cannot create perfect beings, therefore anything created by flawed beings will also be flawed because of the limitations of those human beings.
Worshipping technology is just modern version of idol worship in ancient times when people would bow down to statues and think something that isn't even alive (something man created) is a powerful being, We already wiped them out once.

I love the VR but it's inevitable that it will be infected with spywqare like Kinect which wants to report your conversations to the authorities (as well as take pics of your kids and sell it to paedophiles) when you talk about the NWO and they send gangstalkers to your neighborhood to harass you if you say something bad about Hilary, Obama and bad mouth the reptilians. The elites are going to end up extinct like the dwarves in elder scrolls if we let them tamper with nature too much. It is for their own good that we bind them up and be tricked by the aliens/channelled beings which they think are helping them but in reality are baiting them into trap so they can gain access to this world which we have blocked them from for ages.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Nioh gets a recommended:
PC doomed as this isn't coming to it.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... h-review_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Jeffrey Matulef Published 02/02/2017 Version tested PlayStation 4

Team Ninja's new demon-slaying samurai epic has one hell of an elevator pitch: this is Ninja Gaiden meets Dark Souls. Nioh takes the silky smooth colourful Japanese texture of Team Ninja's storied hack-and-slash affair and merges it with the light RPG structure and methodical combat of From's dark fantasy series. Yet mixing these two diametrically opposed takes on the third-person action game isn't easy and Team Ninja has done a commendable if occasionally unflattering job of cribbing From Software's most influential design tropes, all while retaining the distinctly ludicrous comic book flavour that's always been central to the Ninja Gaiden dev's DNA.

Nioh tells a highly embellished tale of western samurai William Adams, a real-life historical figure who arrived on Japanese shores in 1600. This folklore-heavy fable isn't particularly well told with an abundance of convoluted exposition and cackling tattooed villains taking centre stage, but storytelling has never really been Team Ninja's strong suit - something made especially clear when William spends hours cutting his way through demonic hordes only to arrive at a boss' introductory cutscene where he's inexplicably joined by a party of allies. It's best not to think about this one too hard.

Your grey matter will instead be focusing on Nioh's extravagant combat systems where Team Ninja's work really shines. On the surface, the Dark Souls influence is obvious with its slowly recharging stamina meter determining your actions and a respawn mechanic offering one chance to reclaim your lost XP where you last fell. Yet Team Ninja handles the fisticuffs differently than From. Your moveset in Nioh is drastically more complicated than anything seen in Dark Souls, a complex skill tree offering throngs of unlockable manoeuvres that give each weapon type an incredible depth and flexibility. Your move list may not be quite as expansive as something like Ninja Gaiden, but it's definitely closer to the hack-and-slash upgrade trees of yore, before stamina meters prioritised timing and energy consumption over complicated combo inputs.

Yet you don't have to explore this to its fullest potential. In fact, you could simply stick to a single weapon type and just a handful of moves and still have more than enough immediate actions to juggle. The key to all of this is well, Ki, Nioh's spiritual take on stamina. By squeezing the right trigger at just the right time after launching an attack, you'll perform a Ki Pulse, which recharges your Ki meter quicker and grants an extra damage buff for the next few seconds. It's essentially Gears of War's seminal active reload mechanic manifested in melee combat and it's brilliant.

This single step is entwined heavily into the game's combat, especially as pretty early on you can upgrade the Ki Pulse so it's performed by dodging at the right time rather than absorbing energy while stationary. Furthermore, larger foes often spawn pools of Ki-sapping fog in their wake that can only be cleansed by performing a Ki Pulse in their midst. Doing so is a risky proposition, however, as mistiming your Ki Pulse could leave you panting for breath when facing these hazardous obstacles. In short, Nioh requires a degree of focus that even From aficionados will find demanding.

This Ki system doesn't just affect the player's ability to move either, as enemies (including bosses) are also beholden to the idea. Tire a foe out through effective dodging, parrying, and repeated attacks and they'll get as winded as you, leaving them vulnerable for a few glorious seconds of cathartic wailing. Sometimes you can even perform devastating critical attacks, presented as glorious close-up executions, on exhausted foes. Different attacks effect opponents differently, so there's plenty of strategy as you determine whether you want to focus on depleting your adversary's Ki or go straight for their HP.

As you'd expect from Team Ninja, Nioh's comically brutal boss fights are a highlight, ranging from deceptively difficult humanoid villains to a demonic centipede comprised of sentient segments that toggle between linking together and scuttling apart. Every boss provides a seemingly insurmountable challenge at the off. Many of these big baddies will no doubt slay you for dozens of attempts before you can even get to the more devious second stages of their duels. It's that steady, sadistic climb from thinking a particular boss is a fool's errand to finally figuring it out and conquering the impossible that offers Nioh's most exhilarating moments.

While the combat system and bosses offer a worthy successor to Souls and Gaiden fans, there are a few ways that Nioh falls short of the modern masterpiece it strives to be. The most troublesome problem with Nioh is its repetition. For all it does right, its padding is obvious and often obnoxious. Several side missions are set in the recycled maps (often condensed versions of the main stages portrayed during a different time of day) and the game's bestiary is a little on the light side. The first time you face off against a giant ogre it's exciting; by the 30th time, it's a bit of a drag.
The lasting influence of Modern Warfare How Infinity Ward changed a genre. The lasting influence of Modern Warfare

Furthermore, the maps don't contain a lot of secrets. You can occasionally find some sweet loot and upgrades, but there are never any NPCs to talk to, puzzles to solve, or other mysterious objects to interact with. Nioh is set in a mystical, magical world, yet when it comes to prodding these labyrinthine innards, what you see is what you get.

Nioh has a somewhat questionable relationship to loot, too, where Team Ninja prioritises quantity over quality. There are lots of weapon and armour drops, but the problem is there's so much loot that sorting and selling it quickly becomes a chore. By the game's second half I was frequently not picking stuff up because I was too lazy to comb through my cluttered, overcrowded inventory to sell it. That's not the reaction to have when acquiring new gear. This abundance of gear drops made sense when Team Ninja released Nioh's alpha and there was a weapon degradation mechanic, enforcing players to switch up their strategy. But people found these constant switch ups irritating so the weapon degradation system was removed. Its shadow, however, remains.

Nioh isn't a masterpiece then. It's not quite fresh or original enough to be. But it is a return to form for Team Ninja, a studio many feel had lost its way after the departure of its founder Tomonobu Itagaki in 2008. Nioh's loot-heavy hack and slash doesn't fire on all cylinders - though to be fair its aims seem more singular than that of its competitors - but it's a refreshing reminder of just how thrilling a solid Team Ninja combat encounter can be. Primarily single-player games are on the decline right now, but Nioh is a strong argument for the merits of this withering form.
Team Ninja are kicking arse. 2017 is full of great titles. This game plays it safe but so do all the EA sports titles with roster updates and you don't see Candy Arse avoiding buying them do you? I think people demand too much. Even Dark Souls was made obsolete by bloodborne. Doesn't mean you should avoid dark souls 3 right? PC gamers saying they don't give a fuck about team ninja are so full of shit. They are pissed they miss out on this just as much as they do every other console exclusive. Don't be influenced by them.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

External HDD Support
Upto 8tb

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

And Beast Mode