Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by t0mby »

Picked up GT Sport today, JB NZ had it for $39 (EB retail was $119.95!!!) and I am actually enjoying it but it's definitely the price that makes it worth the money. There's no doubt I'd have buyers remorse of I'd paid full price. I can see why the review score average is where it's at but overall I think the experience is better than the last few games I've played (GT4 & 5). Car sounds have improved ten fold and AI is better than it was but there's still room for improvement if it's to be an exciting offline battle.

I'll see how I feel about it after putting in a few more sessions.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I'm looking forward to playing GT Sport when Santa busts out the VR headset that was heavily discounted the week before last.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Qualified pole, got my first ever win online on GTS as well as the fastest lap. It was only fitting that it was to be on Bathurst.

This is definitely the best GT game in a long time. Looking forward to the next few batches of free content.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Don’t forget, Bluepoints complete remake of Shadow of the Colossus releases 7th Feb and won’t be a full priced game. JB Hifi listing it at $49.

Pro owners can play it at 1440p /30fps, or 1080p 60fps, frame rate solid all round.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

How many fps did the original and HD versions run at?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

25 from memory, maybe lower.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Original had a poor frame rate, mid 20s. Remaster I didn’t play but DF says 30fps
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... ion?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From a general performance perspective, Bluepoint has resisted the temptation to run Ico and Shadow of the Colossus at 60 frames per second, seeking to lock both games at 30FPS - the target update rate on both of the original games
We see the same adherence to 30 frames per second on Shadow of the Colossus - which is a significant improvement over the original PlayStation 2 game
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The original had an awful framerate.

This remake is a must-buy. Game is fucking amazing.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Playstation 4 thread

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Watching the DF SotC video now. Damn the remake looks amazing. I was expecting a remaster, not a ground-up remake. It’s been 13 odd years since I played the original. Watching the vision reminds me what an emotional game it is.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This game is apparently on the small size, around 15GB, so digital might become an option, however I own all my Team ICO games on disc...
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'm going hard copy, it costs less and is worth more. Looks phenomenal, can't wait.

Been playing a bit of Salt & Sanctuary lately, awesome game and only $10.45 on sale at the moment. Pretty much 2D Dark Souls.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

God damn, that makes me want a PS4.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Got my copy this morning, took the first Colossus down. Very good remake. It looks fantastic. Controls are a little iffy but something I can adapt to.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Damn the soundtrack to this game is amazing.

I'm not a fan of the "modern" controls- shifting jump to X makes sense, but splitting attack across separate buttons for the bow/sword is needlessly confusing when you can't have them equipped simultaneously anyway. Weapon selection isn't bad but didn't need to be fiddled with, and I think you lose Camera Zoom entirely. I was accidentally leaping off Agro all over the place too. Classic controls all the way for me. Nice to have the option.

I think I want it to look a bit more washed out than it is, but I'm going to give it some more time before playing with the visual filters. Very nice looking game. Also, do yourself a favour and turn trophy notifications off when playing, they pop up at the worst possible times.

Can absolutely see myself rolling into another playthrough of The Last Guardian after this.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Absolutely spectacular remake of one of my all-time favourite games. So impressive...
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

What mode have you guys gone with playing it...1080p/60fps or higher rez/30fps???
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I love how there’s no UI clutter, just all screen. 3 down, onto my 4th Colossus. 1hr 43mins gameplay thereabouts. Music is epic. It has been long since I played this game and the memories are starting to come back. The original was the first game I played on my plasma, at 480p via component. :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

1080p 60fps HDR here.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

I've never played it but the love for this game amongst the members here is enough............I'm jumping in.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Do you have PS4 Lepo?

About up the game, my EB didn’t have it.. well they only had copies that were reserved by customers, so I went to another EB. So it might be hard to find it, but you could go digital. The game isn’t large (13/14GB) and is a budget release.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I found SotC to be the kind of game that is best enjoyed alone with a spliff.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Man it must be sweet to pop your SotC cherry with this version. You'll dig it Lepo. :up: My local EB was sold out in pre-orders too (I had one), but a little known not-so-fun fact about EB is they only hold them for 48 hours after release, so there's bound to be some copies freed up over the weekend. JB is five bucks cheaper.

I'm continually impressed by the visuals. Wander's face has gone from a blurry texture suggestive of major facial features to a detailed model featuring individual skin pores. Just playing pleb-tier 1080p/30fps on a launch PS4, going to check it out on a Pro later.

I realised what the trade-off is for Camera Zoom- modern controls add a combat roll. It looks cool and would be handy in a couple of situations throughout the game, but I don't think it's enough to win me over. You don't spend much time with your feet on the ground during colossus battles and rolling when you're climbing around on them sounds like a great way to go flying off. The rest of the modern control scheme just feels unco. Not sure if it's actually unco or I'm just wired to that original control scheme.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

flipswitch wrote:Do you have PS4 Lepo?
.........well, yeah.

Gamma wrote:Man it must be sweet to pop your SotC cherry with this version. You'll dig it Lepo. :up:
That's what I was thinking. Sometimes it's good to be behind on some of the classic titles.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The controls are just as sloppy as I remember them. Not a deal breaker because I guess you're supposed to feel feeble compared to the colossi.

Wonderful game.