Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Cletus »

I feel like I should admit I had no interest in buying Xbox One X. Then rocco posted how there was stock collecting dust on the shelves and when I went to each link, I actually found it was quite difficult to locate a console near me and in stock. Then I started getting that itch...

I guess you could say that if it wasn't for rocco, I probably wouldn't have bothered buying one.

Thanks rocco <3
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Titanfall 2 fixed on XOX.
Bottom line is now 1440p on One X instead of 860p, typically 1800p, empty scenes 2160p (actually higher than that). Resolution is now always much better than on Pro (which maxes out at 1440p), as expected. Framerate is fixed as well, giving a solid 60 fps throughout with only minor 1 fps dips.
:up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

It's bizarre they f'd that up. It's like they rolled out an old patch.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:Titanfall 2 fixed on XOX.
Bottom line is now 1440p on One X instead of 860p, typically 1800p, empty scenes 2160p (actually higher than that). Resolution is now always much better than on Pro (which maxes out at 1440p), as expected. Framerate is fixed as well, giving a solid 60 fps throughout with only minor 1 fps dips.
Pimping a game that doesn't have a locked 60fps mode lestat? You're slipping! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

The Xbox One X launch reminds me of when Blu-Ray launched, and there's that handful of enthusiasts who get super excited to rewatch the same movies they had on DVD.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

That's definitely me. I bought Starcraft Remastered and haven't played it.

Mind you, that's due to a lack of free time rather than choice.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:
lestat wrote:Titanfall 2 fixed on XOX.
Pimping a game that doesn't have a locked 60fps mode lestat? You're slipping! :lol:
On second thought you're right, that 1fps drop is a deal breaker, don't buy/play it folks, It's shit! :down:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:
t0mby wrote:
On second thought you're right, that 1fps drop is a deal breaker, don't buy/play it folks, It's shit! :down:
Welcome back! :clap:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

We all drop a frame every now and then T0mby. ;)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

We demonstrate in a side-by-side comparison how the HDR video output (including 4K Blu-ray playback & internal Netflix app) from Microsoft's new Xbox One X console is broken, resulting in significantly raised black level & a severely washed out HDR picture.

However, Microsoft is fully aware of this issue, and promised to release a software fix within the next few days.

The side-by-side comparison was done on two 49-inch Samsung Q7F QLED TVs, as well as a Panasonic UB900 4K Blu-ray player.
Has anyone tried playing a 4K movie?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I've been too busy playing games, but I'm aware of the black level problems. A fix comes out tomorrow.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tomorrow morning at 8am PT a new build for Xbox One family will release. Xbox Wire had details, but also fixes blu-ray issues. As always thanks for the feedback from all Preview and Xbox users - you all rock!!! #Xbox
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

flipswitch wrote: Has anyone tried playing a 4K movie?
I got totally excited about my new TV and XOX so I upgraded my Netflix sub to UHD. Stranger Things looked great but the new Star Trek was terrible. All the character's faces were blotchy and the overall PQ was just bad. I'll try Netflix through the TV app next and compare.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's the same through the app - Star Trek is an HDR show but it looks really weird. Stranger Things got it right.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

It's only 1080p HDR too, so doesn't look as good as other HDR content on netflix which is 4k.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

It's broken is what it is. No idea how many shows are affected but I might go back to SD as there was no problems there. Netflix always looked fine to me in SD anyway, I see a huge difference in games though.
Candy Arse wrote:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Update your xbone lepo, new system update is available now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... te_is_out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I use my built in tv netflix app, so I only use the bone for 4k blurays.

That will change of course if netflix start serving atmos tracks with their content.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yeah I was going to compare (..and still will) but Candy says its the same on the TV app, making it a non-bone problem. Perhaps it's just that show.
Candy Arse wrote:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Don't mind me... :)

Fat fuck Candy Arse and his cum bucket t0mby have repeatedly again and again for over a week been posting the below in the other thread and ruining every single gaming related discussion (and Lestat like the hypocrite that he is refuses to do anything about such trolling behavior - oh except when i'm the one supposedly trolling), therefore let me copy and paste it in here...

Post edited
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper admits he's a cyber bully. Please ban.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

rocco, please refrain from shitting up the thread.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Funny that within the last 24 hours - Lard Arse and his puppet bitch t0mby have posted that exact same wall of text/jpg/gif in the other thread (and the troll posts from the "cunt duo" is still up), yet when I copy and pasted the exact same post into this thread earlier today on two occasions - it's immediately deleted. :roll:

So admin went to the effort to delete my retaliation troll post from earlier today, but chose not to delete Candy Arse and t0mby's instigating troll posts from earlier today? :?

Lestat...explain yourself please? Cletus is the Ilce and you are the DJ Fusion of this forum - and thus you're supposed to be the rational one. Explain how you're not a hypocrite by calling me out on supposed trolling, yet turning a blind eye when others do it (and usually these cunt forum members go about their trolling in duos or groups). :down:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Rocco, our aim is to make it fair for everyone on the board. Nobody gets special treatment. In fact, both Tomby and Candy arts were banned for 15 minutes at 2.45am today and were unable to post during their ban period. If the forum remains in a state of unrest, rest assured,more bans will follow.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep I had to suffer through my ban this morning and I didn't like it.

I purchased a Nintendo Switch at 2:30am for a great price ($199) and raced home to post in my excitement.

Instead I'm greeted by a message from Cletus informing me that I was banned due to trolling in Jasper's fake Nitnedno thread.

Not fucking happy but I took it on the chin.

Anyway I returned my Switch this morning and bought an Xbox One X instead. Hard to say no to the hot new console on the market!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

So Lard Arse just did it again in the other thread (and the only reason he does it, is because he knows Lestat and Cletus are his puppets and won't ever stop him).

Don't you two so-called administrators ever get tired of being made to look like fools with some random fat shit making sure everyone here knows he has both of you under his cheezels crumb covered chubby thumb (especially you lestat...considering it's you who likes to pretend to be the professional one of the two administrators). :redface:

It all reminds me of when Cletus secretly gave Candy Arse permission to edit other forum members posts. Mech made a ranting post about his own posts being edited by Candy Arse and then Lestat (like the DJ Fusion of this forum that he is) tried to sweep the whole shady incident under the rug. :roll:

That was a real low point for this forum. Not as low though as the very sad period in Games Ranch's history where literally the words NINTENDO and MARIO were BANNED by Cletus (and no, I am not fucking joking!!!). Nintendo fans here at Games Ranch literally had to post a JPG of the Nintendo logo to discuss anything Nintendo related, because literally it was impossible for any forum member to submit a forum post with the word "Nintendo" or "Mario" in it. Yet again lestat (aka DJ Fusion) sat back and did absolutely nothing. :down:

And you guys wonder why virtually every forum member who was a hardcore Nintendo fan (Seraph, Faraday, Sythblade, Pubba, etc) fled this forum to never return! :cry:

Anyways, here we go... :)

post edited
Last edited by Jasper on 18 Nov 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Why is this guy so bent on destroying this thread?