Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by t0mby »

Got the dreaded "Installation Stopped" error while trying to install Forza 7 from disc. Tried a couple of foxes and no dice, constantly freezes at 16.01gb.

Now trying to install while I download the patch (I wasn't getting the patch prior).

Poxy POS. Never ever had this problem on any other console, 360 included.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

And it worked while downloading the patch. Huh. Weird because all fixes said not to download the patch while installing.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

welcome to the XBox One. It doesn't get any better.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Glad I got the console this late into the generation. At least now I can install something while playing something else, but boy, even without playing another game during installation, the actual installation times are fucking deplorable. Don't even know why it's the Official console of the Ranch. :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:And it worked while downloading the patch. Huh. Weird because all fixes said not to download the patch while installing.
What fixes? The system will download patches and install from the disc at the same time, you shouldn't mess with it.

Playing other games while installing slows down the install, the HDD is a shared resource and games get IO priority over background installs.

Because the system also downloads patches at the same time too, installs are beholden to your network speeds.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:
t0mby wrote:And it worked while downloading the patch. Huh. Weird because all fixes said not to download the patch while installing.
What fixes? The system will download patches and install from the disc at the same time, you shouldn't mess with it.

Playing other games while installing slows down the install, the HDD is a shared resource and games get IO priority over background installs.

Because the system also downloads patches at the same time too, installs are beholden to your network speeds.
You've misinterpreted everything I said.

Game install kept locking up when I tried to install the disc only.

Fixes online for this problem said to shut down console, remove power cable, remove network cable and put power cable back in, delete install, retry install. Didn't work. Tried a couple of variations of fixes. None worked.

Shut down console again but this time downloaded patch while installing disc. It worked.

I didn't say the games install was slow while playing games. I said at least you could play games while installing unlike the early days.

Not playing games and install is still slow. Painfully slow, even without the patch.

The way you've written your reply it sounds like when you buy a new disc if there's no patch then you should wait for a patch because messing around with download while installing is not recommended. :P
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Saw Sunset Overdrive in EB for $7 today so I went to Metacritic to check reviews. My two main sources for reviews gave it the lowest scores out of the 81 average so I put it back on the shelf. Decided to get Tomb Raider but couldn't remember which one Digital Foundry raved about so put it back. It was a good day. :lol:
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Sunset overdrive was fun at the time. Tried it on PC recently but was hard to go back to.

All tomb raiders have been decent though 3 games in and Lara is still struggling to rise against the oppression thrown her way.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

The biggest complaint in one of the reviews was "a ten-hour journey to the centre of what makes Sunset Overdrive good feels more like a voyage to the centre of the earth." (6/10 GamesTM) and "In small gulps, it offers an exhilarating sugar rush, but too much will leave you with a headache. As such, it's best consumed in moderation" (7/10 Edge). Didn't sound like my kind of game.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yep all the TR games are good, Sunset overdrives problem was the open world is boring and annoying to explore, because you're constantly being swarmed by fizzy freaks, I like the jet set radio style movement, it was just the actual combat/shooting that wasn't fun/rewarding and the game penalizes you when you stop moving. It's interesting you put the small gulps quote, I was the same.

Outside of the campaign there is nothing worth doing, which funny enough is the same issue Spiderman suffered a lot from.

It's on gamepass and was given away with games with gold, so probably just give it a try when you sign up eventually.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Is Forza 7 worth the 120gb or should I just wait for 8?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I dunno man, there's a few die hard Forza fans here, I had played the first 5 then just bought 7 recently and it feels kinda boring and the confusing interface doesn't help. I'm glad I only paid $25 for it because it's my least played game so far. I do like the weather system and how puddles affect your handling, a nice feature. Others might give you better insight.