Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

As spotted by OzBargain, Big W are offering a 500GB Xbox One S bundle for $319. That's not a bad price, but you get three games for the price: Forza Horizon 3, the Hot Wheels DLC, Battlefield 1, and Call of Duty: WW2.
Xbox One S Deals Are Getting Ridiculous

(also posted in the bargains thread)
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Lestat made this below post (it's somewhat transphobic but oh well) in the Nintendo thread - but I wanted to post my response here because it pertains to the baffling Xbox One X marketing campaign...
lestat wrote:Image

Surprising stats here, looks like a bunch of man children buying these things, kids aren't drawn to the "magic". I wonder what the true female stat is once you remove all the Roccos from the picture, oh wait I think the trannies fall under NA 3%. :lol:

Now can we stop putting female protagonists in every friggen game, women just don't give a shit really.
Did anyone here actually click to watch Microsoft's Xbox One X television commercial (that lestat previously posted)? The commercial has MORE women playing an Xbox One X than men. :shock:

It's just fucking bizarre to me. Why waste tens of millions in advertising dollars to target a gender that will NEVER have much interest in videogames, over the gender that has a genuine passion & love for videogames? :?

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I have no idea Jasper.

It's an industry wide thing right now, we're being overwhelmed with female/diverse characters but the userbase is predominately male.

The comic industry has suffered from similar delusions that making it appear diverse would make it more appealing to women, but they found out they just upset and alienated their current userbase and the women didn't turn up.

Nintendo is a chic friendly console too, which is why the stats are very interesting but not all that surprising.

BACK TO EXCITING SCORPIO NEWS!!!!!

I got hands on with a project scorpio console today, I was at the MS Sydney Store(Hey does nintendo have one of these here yet?) and they had a project scorpio unit with what looked like a developer firmware and Forza 7 gamescom build.

Forza 7 to my eyes looked pretty much like PC version running on 4k ultra, it even had the mirrors running 60fps which is nice to see on console. But replays and menus are still 30fps, you can push these to 60fps on PC but it pretty much maxes out a GTX1080, AA on the scorpio version also looks a notch down from the ultra preset on PC.

The system was pushing a decent amount of warm air out the back, it sounded quiet though and the vapor phase change cooling seems to be doing a good job. You could FEEL the POWER!

Wasn't a fan of the Scorpio gradient, I think the regular black edition looks the best. System is very sleek and has a nice high end feel to it. Controller was pretty much the current updated one controllers.

I asked around about a game bundled in, they all pretty much said units are moving without any problems, no bundling with first batches. MS seems confident they'll move lots of units.

If you're in the Sydney CBD, check it out.
IMG_20171101_122625.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lestat on 01 Nov 2017 04:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

PUBG coming to xbone dec 12.

Official announcement.
https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/31/pubg-c ... rn_10.31.4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Good, the Xbox version might actually be playable now that the PC version is a hacker's paradise.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Pretty interested in PUBG, I like watching people play it on twitch.
I'm digging fortnite BR for now on Xbox, fuck it's tense when you make it to the end game. The only issue with the game is the bushes you can clip into, and the no skill cunts who hide in them.

Apparently EB are doing ass creed, Wolfenstein and a few other new releases for 49 smackers if you buy then at the same time as the xb1x... Forza 7 is 59.
I've never played an ass creed game but this one looks sick, think I'll grab that for 49
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

$49 is alright, I think I'll grab ass creed with my XOX next week. Going to trade in my launch xbone tomorrow, I'll ask them more about that deal when I'm there.

Found the deal on whirlpool. Just dug through my emails, looks like I got the deal via email too.

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I have decided I need a new TV first before I bother with this so instead of the XOX for Christmas I might go the TV then pick up an XOX with a game bundled when things go quiet in Jan.. not really anything that screams u need a XOX for this yet either, well that I'm interested in besides wanting to play 2K looking best it can.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

PUBG is now console exclusive.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/player ... tlegrounds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Servers are also moving from amazon cloud to MS azure.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

geez, that's a good get
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:PUBG is now console exclusive.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/player ... tlegrounds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Servers are also moving from amazon cloud to MS azure.
Typical Microsoft with their "console launch bullshit" yet again! Everyone knows XBOX has FUCK ALL exclusive games, and thus Microsoft need to resort to trickery to dupe consumers into thinking Xbox has exclusive games... :redface:
"Xbox fans, we know you’ve been waiting and we’re so excited to finally be able to say it – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is coming to Xbox One as a console launch exclusive through the Xbox Game Preview program on December 12, 2017!"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pubg-x ... sive.3098/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Don't worry rocco, I'm sure you'll get to play PUBG on the Switch in no time.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

lol @ Rocco, Xbox gets the biggest new sensation in years, over 10m copies sold on PC.

While he's pimping tired old Nintendo IP with waggle.

The game is going to be huge this christmas.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Can't imagine it running too good on xb1/s.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Traded in my launch xbox one today, I showed the EB staff the email for the $49 promotion, they were surprised by it but sorted me out by putting aside a copy of origins for me to collect on Tuesday.

Swung past the MS store, they moved the scorpio to the big 80+ inch 4k screen out the front now, looks awesome.

I can't wait to have mine hooked up to the 82inch Samsung atmos setup at home, going to be GOAT.
IMG_20171102_093926.jpg
IMG_20171102_094048.jpg
IMG_20171102_094057.jpg
IMG_20171102_094113.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Xbox one X to support 1440p monitors
Today Kevin Gammill, the program manager for Microsoft's Xbox Platform Partner Group, said that the console would output at 1440p if a 1440p monitor was detected. This is great news for those hoping to use a 1440p monitor with their consoles, as they don't have to worry about the picture quality being upscaled from 1080p.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

MS marketing already starting to pimp PUBG.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

So fucking pathetic! :lol:

NOT A SINGLE EXCLUSIVE XBOX ONE GAME IN DEVELOPMENT...so Microsoft have to rely on downgraded PC ports or multiplatform games also available on competing consoles...to try and convince the masses to drop $650 on a mid-cycle hardware revision gaming console! :redface:

We're just 5 fucking days away from launch...and EB Games STILL haven't sold out of their launch shipment and are desperately trying to get people to pre-order an Xbox One X. Looks like Target made the right decision to REFUSE to sell this junk in their stores! 8)

DEAD ON ARRIVAL...YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE!!! :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Already trending higher than Mario bundle on Amazon. :lol:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Not that the Xbone X has many exclusive games but nabbing PUBG is a pretty big deal. Could single handedly bring them back from the brink and set MS for another round against the PS5.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

HOLY SHIT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Xbox One X is TANKING on Amazon America (this must be terrifying for Microsoft considering America is the largest gaming market in the world & Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world). In Amazon's list of best sellers of 2017...the Xbox One X barely made it into the top 100! :redface:

The Nintendo Switch on the other hand has slaughtered both the PS4 & XB1...whilst Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda: BOTW, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are the top 3 best selling games of the year (all 3 games outselling every other game on any gaming console). 8)

In fact...the NES Mini and SNES Mini have OUTSOLD both Xbox One AND Xbox One X. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even a fucking Nintendo Switch TRAVEL CASE has outsold Xbox One AND Xbox One X. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

MS need a game which is the equivalent of Horizon Zero Dawn for the One X.

Will get one eventually because I skiped the One and OneS this gen.

But I want to see some Elder Scrolls 6 or GTA6 something like that which acts as the console's killer app. It was MS that brought the open world Western RPG PC game way back in the days of Morrowind on the original Xbox. They need a game as big as that in modenr time to move this thing off a shelf. And that would be something like ES6 using brand new engine and have the best graphics out of the 3 consoles. Xbox One X is kind of like what the N64 was against playstation 1. Although it had the more stable looking graphics, PS1 had all the JRPG stuff.
I guess now that kinect is dead they can rebrand themselves as the hardcore machine. I hope sony don't release a PS5 early. I really don't want to spend anymore on hardware. Let this gen go on for longer so these tech companies don't price their systems out of the market for people to play the damn games.

Nintendo HAD to do it because the Wii U wasn't really marketed enough for people to know what it was. I don't think MS and Sony need to start the next numbered machine early. Just make sure the coders think up new ways to use the power more efficiently so the framerates are not choppy messes. Gameplay first. Beauty second.
Last edited by GameHED on 02 Nov 2017 09:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Actually it looks like Sony is the winner by a mile with all those $10, $20 & $50 PSN cards selling and being put into the PS Store. Even Nintendo can't stop the juggernaut that is Playstation.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

OneX already beating the PS4 Pro which has had availability all year round.

The current rankings show One X ahead of all consoles, so it's selling well.

More hands on impressions coming in, looks to be MS's best console ever, the hardware is exceptional.

PSN cards sell well because honestly would you leave your credit card details with sony. :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I reckon Xbox One X looks amazing. Native 4K HDR console gaming. What’s not to like?