Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by lestat »

Calm down there Candy, E3 is only 2 weeks away. ;)
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Scorpio to be a Windows 10 S-powered living room PC?
A small comment from Head of Xbox Phil Spencer was the final bit of news necessary to convince me Microsoft’s Project Scorpio will be named Xbox 10 S, and it will serve as a Windows 10 gaming PC built for the living room. I know, that’s a big claim — and I don’t encourage anyone to gamble on it. But ahead of Microsoft’s E3 event on Sunday, I’d like to collect the evidence that Microsoft is eager to put a computer beneath your television.

First and foremost, Microsoft has been talking about the convergence of living room entertainment and Windows software since before the original Xbox existed. Its video game consoles have always been something of a Trojan horse. And with the company’s reveal for the Xbox One, that thinly concealed strategy went public. The notorious presentation largely overlooked games and favored lengthy explanations of HDMI-pass through, professional sports partnerships, and grand media plans.

"Microsoft has wanted a PC in the living room for decades"

Since then, the Xbox team has been on something of an apology tour, refocusing on games to win back the hearts of fans who felt betrayed. At the same time, Microsoft has slowly laid the foundation for Xbox One’s pseudo follow-up, Project Scorpio, building hype for the hardware over the past year by promising the most powerful console on the market. All of the messaging has been zeroed in on how Scorpio will play games better.

But I wonder if it will also do something else — because playing the same games at 4K isn’t enough. At least, it’s not enough for a company like Microsoft that stands to gain from the potential of a powerful PC being right next to your couch. As a powerful living room PC, the Xbox could become more than just a game machine or streaming device. For college students, it’s a steal: the perfect and necessary computer (that just so happens to play games). For adults, it might be the center of a SmartHome. For kids, it runs Minecraft and Word.

As a fully functional PC, Project Scorpio could be an Xbox, an Apple TV, and an Amazon Echo all rolled into one. Would Microsoft really pass up that opportunity?

When I profiled Microsoft in December of 2015, Spencer was already pushing the concept of a fluid ecosystem, in which games followed the player from one platform to the next: Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, a smartphone. Since then, Microsoft has launched Cross Play, allowing Xbox One owners to play new games on both console and Windows 10 PCs.

"Spencer has been aggressively blurring the line between Xbox and Windows"

Spencer sits on the board of Windows 10, and he’s aggressively pushed to further blur the lines between Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. A fall 2015 system update integrated Windows 10 into the Xbox One. And an Xbox app on Windows 10, released around the same time, has brought game streaming, messaging, and chat features to the PC.

For those two roads, Project Scorpio seems like the natural merging point.

So why Xbox 10 S and why does a long runtime matter? Let’s start with the latter. Explaining a living room PC will take time. If the device does more than play games, Microsoft will need to explain how — and why we should care. And unlike its last reveal, it will need to also nail its video game announcements. We’re really looking at two press events mashed into one.

And the name, well, I think Microsoft may have given it away. This is from my colleague Tom Warren’s piece on hidden details in Microsoft’s E3 teasers:
In another teaser posted yesterday, there’s a "X10S101-317” message displayed on a stage with a crowd of people. Microsoft typically uses this type of date format for its Windows and Xbox software builds, so if you separate out the X10S to refer to the console, then the remaining 101317 could mean October 13th.
The naming convention would fit in with Windows 10 S, the newly announced OS. Windows 10 S only runs programs downloaded from the Windows Store, which would allow Microsoft considerable control of what can and can’t be put onto the console. And the naming convention would explain why Microsoft went with Xbox One S for its lead up console last fall.

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe Microsoft has given up the dream of the living room PC. But that seems increasingly unlikely, the more you consider the evidence Microsoft itself has provided. Whatever the case, we’ll know for certain this Sunday during a press conference that will run extra long.
Source
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

so I just got around to watching some of that Forza 7 footage. Holy shitsnacks, that looks great, even at 1080p. Like, that's good enough to make me seriously consider a 'boneX at launch. The visual leap from FM4 to FM5 wasn't as significant as that!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

You gotta watch these 2 vids if you have a 4k/HDR TV
my TV is lousy at HDR but the clarity is mind blowing, get the files onto a USB drive and watch it on a 4K TV... you will be running to EB to pre-order! :D

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_7_i ... 87_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

You people are spastic! :loco:

There are no fucking XB1 exclusive games!!! You want Forza 7? How about you play the superior version of the game on PC? :?

Save the $650 on an Xbox One X, and just buy a fucking new PC graphics card to play all this shit with superior graphics/frame-rate/resolution...whilst also saving money in not having to pay for an XBL membership, and also paying less for game purchases (considering how much cheaper PC games are).

There's something truly mentally wrong with you people for choosing to waste your money on an Xbox One X, instead of spending that money to upgrade your PC's (and play the SUPERIOR versions of the exact same games you are anticipating for XB1). :roll:

Fucking idiots! :down:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I will take your advice into consideration... Thanks for your concern bro!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I'm going to buy two BoneX's and run them in SLI mode.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:You people are spastic! :loco:

There are no fucking XB1 exclusive games!!! You want Forza 7? How about you play the superior version of the game on PC? :?

Save the $650 on an Xbox One X, and just buy a fucking new PC graphics card to play all this shit with superior graphics/frame-rate/resolution...whilst also saving money in not having to pay for an XBL membership, and also paying less for game purchases (considering how much cheaper PC games are).

There's something truly mentally wrong with you people for choosing to waste your money on an Xbox One X, instead of spending that money to upgrade your PC's (and play the SUPERIOR versions of the exact same games you are anticipating for XB1). :roll:

Fucking idiots! :down:
Didn't you waste your money on a Switch? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Madmya wrote:I'm going to buy two BoneX's and run them in SLI mode.
:lol:
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

So XBOX One X should just be known simply as XBOX now shouldn't it?
Ambrose Burnside

This is looking a lot better. Like most Microsoft things, it took them long enough.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Really? This is what you were waiting for?

Probably the most lacklustre dash update in memory.
Ambrose Burnside

I wasn't waiting for anything but it looks a lot better than the mess I see whenever I turn my Xbox on.

I'll be going with a minimalist look myself. Glad I can customise it.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Bring back the blades ffs
Ambrose Burnside

The blades were awesome. Clean, logical and not covered in usually-irrelevant advertising that just slows the whole thing down. The original NXE updated dashboard was also good I thought.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I thought the move away from blades was a good one.
Ambrose Burnside

Really late to the party, but how good is Sunset Overdrive? Didn't really know much about it when I picked it up, but knew it was an Xbox exclusive so grabbed it. So good!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Yep sure is, so damn underrated. Once you get the combos and flow going really adds to the enjoyment....I want a sequel.

Loving the current dash, don't want to see a change. Seems to run ok on the one
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

Yeah sunset is brilliant, especially after your unlock the air dash.
I love the art and there's way got can combo your way around the whole map.

Xbx upgrade would need nice.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

What a clusterfuck!!! :redface:

Crackdown 3 delayed AGAIN. This time all the way into 2018! This game's always looked like a fucking mess, so it's not surprising I guess! :roll:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Pretty sure you're the only one looking forward to Crackdown 3 anyway.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

My whole world is coming to an end.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Rumours the Day One edition will be a Project Scorpio edition. I like it.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It's been delayed lolollzl
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

Scorpio edition pre-ordered, EB offering 220 off for xb1s plus game trade... I didn't pay much more for mine so that's decent.

Edit- that's for a 1tb. Fuck.