Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Lepo5 »

Lepo5 wrote:Start the death watch. My Xbox One X died yesterday, HDD fart-infarction. Replaced today with a new one no questions asked. EB are very good when it comes to that.
Replacement 1X just did the exact same thing........oh dear, off to EB for a 3rd one.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just kick it?

I was under the impression that only PC hardware had faults.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Your HDD is getting corrupted/dying lepo?
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yep ----- buzz shudder then crash to dash.

I'll play from external drive until I can get to EB.
Candy Arse wrote:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Can we please talk about what a CATASTROPHIC FLOP the Xbox One X has been? :?

It launched right before the holiday season, and the holiday season sales figures have now been released showing the Nintendo Switch ANNIHILATED the Xbox One X in Microsoft's own motherland of the USA! :lol:

This is disastrous for Microsoft, because they have now completely lost the European market and were never able to break into the Japanese market..so for their shiny new "most powerful console ever" to be outsold by the Nintendo Switch in America (the only market that still cares for the Xbox brand) during the Xbox One X launch window is fucking HUMILIATING! :redface:

I fucking knew something was fishy when Microsoft failed to release any kind of post-launch press release bragging about Xbox One X's sales figures! :roll:

As for 2018 and beyond...the major issue of NO FUCKING XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE GAMES continues, whilst us Nintendo fans have a stack of Switch EXCLUSIVE games to look forward to (Metroid 4, Yoshi, Pikmin 3, Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem, Kirby Star Allies, Shin Megami Tensei 5, Mario Tennis Aces..etc..etc).

Gosh...I fucking love my Nintendo Switch!!! 8)

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:Can we please talk about what a CATASTROPHIC FLOP the Xbox One X has been? :?

It launched right before the holiday season, and the holiday season sales figures have now been released showing the Nintendo Switch ANNIHILATED the Xbox One X in Microsoft's own motherland of the USA! :lol:

This is disastrous for Microsoft, because they have now completely lost the European market and were never able to break into the Japanese market..so for their shiny new "most powerful console ever" to be outsold by the Nintendo Switch in America (the only market that still cares for the Xbox brand) during the Xbox One X launch window is fucking HUMILIATING! :redface:

I fucking knew something was fishy when Microsoft failed to release any kind of post-launch press release bragging about Xbox One X's sales figures! :roll:

As for 2018 and beyond...the major issue of NO FUCKING XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE GAMES continues, whilst us Nintendo fans have a stack of Switch EXCLUSIVE games to look forward to (Metroid 4, Yoshi, Pikmin 3, Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem, Kirby Star Allies, Shin Megami Tensei 5, Mario Tennis Aces..etc..etc).

Gosh...I fucking love my Nintendo Switch!!! 8)

A more expensive machine will always struggle to get as high sales as lower spec one due to being harder to afford.

But the games that can be done on it will look a lot better so artists can have more freedom with what kind of stuff we can see.
What MS needs are exclusives that can only be possible through Xbox One X hardware that becomes that platform's killer app.
They should never have cancelled platinum's scalebound title imo because unique stuff is what the brand needs as a whole. MS failed to give innovative guys a chance when wii motion sensing was the fad (the inventor approached MS first) and by the time MS jumped in it was too late. Maybe they made a mistake again by cancelling jpanese titles like that? Gaming is not just business but entertainment and art. You got to give creative guy more power otherwise he gets bored doing the same thing all the time. (you can clearly see limits of tech with the Doom on switch despite being great portable attempt)
Consoles were way too underpowered this gen and if MS had just gone in with power from the start sony would not have such a lead on them and nintendo wouldn't have eaten into their US market. Oh well live and learn.. It's all about timing: if the inventor of the waggle tech had approached nintendo first then MS might have an excuse but they waited too long and then nintendo beat them to the market with wii. Then they played catch up with kinect which nobody asked for. And now they are lagging behind in sales due to nintendo going back to hardcore gamer again since the WII U up to the switch. So now they have to regain the hardcore game identity again plus worry about not enough unique exclusive thanks to sony playing it safe and keeping the message simple (no mention of tv)

From here on I think they will do well because the older generation is going PC, but as we know certain genres of game are better on console closed platforms still. (avoid cheaters and hacks etc) People still want a system of online gaming where there is monitoring 24/7 to keep the bad guys out. With PC it's still too open platform. For competitive play this is a problem and console is a way for people to pay money to ensure quality experience and keep everyone roughly the same specs so nobody has too much advantages over the other guy by owning more expensive hardware than the other. The One X has it's niche. I just hope they don't start to appeal to kids and try to be too family friendly again and cave into the pressure like they tried to do before. They need to stick to a particular image. Nintendo marketed the Switch to the slightly older crowd who likes nintendo games and that worked. MS should leanr from that and stay relevent with the culture of the gaming that can afford such a system and not try to be a kiddy system al about toys and gimmicks. They already have minecraft and they don't need to make the focus of their game system be a more expensive version of what everyone else is doing. What they need are unique games that you don't see on the other console but with higher end specs so that people who don't own a One X yet will want to buy one. They need to look at software as the key to selling the hardware which they've forgotten about. You don't buy machines just so you can say you own it and it's like a trophy. You base it on what game are on it and that will never change. Nintendo deserve to kick butt since they learned from mistakes when they alienated the older nintendo fans during wii days. Looks like they are adapting quickly with the appearance of stuff like skyrim on there which nobody could have foreseen. IE western open world rpg on nintendo machine is so weird especially considering the buggy nature of bethesda games hehe They need to get all the Dark Souls games there now imo..Dark fantasy is appealing to the nihilistic goth kid. My advice is nintendo hire a team to make witcher clone to prove nintendo is able to make those games if they want to. Hire european guys in countries where the cost of living is cheap.
The greatest criticism of zelda BOTW is that it had no engaging story. So this would be the answer to that. IE appeal to mature male audience that watches game of thrones or vikings tv show but have believable fantasy elements like the Lord of the Rings. IE no sex with monsters to create hybrids. Evil is evil and good is still good but good people can be seduced to be evil to further a selfish desire and not because they actually BELIEVE the bad guys are somehow morally superior to make excuse for doing bad stuff. Even the guy in sopranos was aware of what he is and didn't want his own kids to BE him lol No moral relativism shit. People have real boundaries in terms of what they will and won't do so we can actually get sense of who they are and reason for why they act certain way. (in a nutshell don't make them be shcizohrenic like Luke in the latest Star Wars TLJ movie where he gives people a map to find him but then tells them to fuck off and die because jedi are bad now and you shouldn't have come to find him haha)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Anyone else on the sea kf thieves load test this weekend? Have been having a blast with some mates on it on both 2 mam ship and 4 man.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Rolling along in sea of thieves beta I am thinking the best of this game is with an xbox one x. All my mates are on high end pcs and I reckon but cant confirm that objects though the spyglass are pretty hard for me to decipher where I think I have seen a ship they are getting shitty at me for pointing out rocks. It is also much much slower loading in at the start amd after dieing.

Game does look fantastic thoigh on the old hardware and we are having lots more fun with the final beta. Having it gamepass has gotten a lot of my friends who are pc only to give it a try which is great as im the only xbox out of the lot.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Finished AC:Origins last night. Put something like 60 hours or more into it. Usually lose interest way before that. Really enjoyed it.

Lost a bit of steam with the ending. Kinda like The Dark Knight Returns when I kept going to get up and leave the cinema thinking that it was over. Nope. Still going. They should have ended it big and gave me a cut scene.

Better than Zelda.

Anyone having controller issues with their One X? Mine keeps disconnecting.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Mine would do that the normal Xbone, seems like it's a bluetooth issue?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Red Dead Redemption now 4k native on oneX, looks incredible. :o

These other titles also get 4k enhancements available now.
Gears of War 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Darksiders
Sonic Generations
Portal 2

Force unleashed 4k.

Sonic Generations 4k.

Last edited by lestat on 11 Apr 2018 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Next wave of original xbox titles coming to BC.

All enhanced with 900p on regular one and native 4k on oneX. :up:
Original Xbox games releasing on April 17:
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3

Original Xbox games releasing on April 26:
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars Republic Commando

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/ ... XPGOj8l.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Fuck Panzer Dragoon Orta would look fantastic! Loved that game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

JSRF 4K 60fps goodness please.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

yassss Blinx :rock:

Now we just need JSRF and Carve :up:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Panzer Dragoon Orta is almost enough to make me buy one of these doorstops. So good, and was never added to 360 BC as I recall.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

If JSRF comes to BC I'd buy an Xbox One. Want to play that game again badly.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Sonic looks awesome in 4k! Glad it's BC now.

My disc has been buggered for a while, always freezes up on me despite no scratches. Whacked it in my One S, downloaded the file, runs perfectly now (though not in 4k cos I don't have an One X, but still).

BC is awesome.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Gamma wrote:Panzer Dragoon Orta is almost enough to make me buy one of these doorstops. So good, and was never added to 360 BC as I recall.
It did.. kinda.. it would play.. but only to the 3rd level before it crashed. I think people found work arounds.. mainly using a level skip from memory..
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Currently installing* Panzer Dragoon Orta
There's nothing like trying to install a game to reignite my utter hatred for the XBox One user experience.

*being given a rude look by the the installation process for
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

For the last week or so, downloading games in Australia has been messed up, it also impacts the launching of games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... _games_in/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Tell me about it.

It just came back up today.
Candy Arse wrote:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

How long can you keep it up?
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Well I'm on my third box since last November.
Candy Arse wrote: