Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Madmya »

User error.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Isolated incident.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

guttermouth wrote:How is everyone's download speeds on Xbox live? The last 6 months mines been shit. My plan is 100mps speed. The speeds not constant during downloads and is constantly going up and down from 54mps to 00mps. It never locks on to one speed for even a second.

The consoles internet is wired, when I do the speed test on the console it comes up with 95mps

Is this issue common with everyone else???
Same. I get full speeds with Steam, and have no stutters streaming Netflix, Youtube, etc. But Xbox downloads will just constantly start and stop. I'm with Internode, BTW.

One strange thing is that I got frustrated waiting for a patch to download the other week, so I hot-spotted my phone as I never hit my data allowance, and it downloaded without any start/stop (albeit a bit slower, being 4G).

Also, my Xbox is connected to my router via ethernet cable, but I've also tried putting it on wifi and I get the same problem.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Big update coming for Sea of thieves.
A New Golden Age Begins
Marking a year of unbridled pirate adventure, Sea of Thieves presents the Anniversary Update: an expanded and enriched experience that builds on last year’s maiden voyage in a whole range of game-changing ways.

The Anniversary Update brings you more ways to embrace the pirate life than ever before, including a host of new gameplay features and two major additions in the form of The Arena and Tall Tales - Shores of Gold. Follow immersive new quests, fish and cook for your crew and engage in thrilling contests of skill!

Both Sea of Thieves and its legendary community are growing – now’s the perfect time to set sail.

A GRAND ADVENTURE TO THE SHORES OF GOLD
Tall Tales - Shores of Gold introduces a new epic storyline to the world of Sea of Thieves, delving deeper into the lore of our favourite pirate paradise. Follow a series of narrative adventures surrounding existing and all-new characters, taking you to undiscovered places and revealing surprising new gameplay features.

Fans of the expanded game universe will recognise some of the iconic characters and locations in Shores of Gold, yet this is only the beginning of a series of Tall Tales that will allow players to immerse themselves in the legends of Sea of Thieves.
Finally a proper campaign. Lots of other improvements too.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/anniversary-update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

One of the greatest action games ever comes to X BC enhanced.
:up:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

That's the wrong Ninja Gaiden.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

We have ninja gaiden black already.

This is confirmed to be 4k enhanced and it fixes the framerate/tearing issues the original suffered from. Pretty amazing to see this game get a new lease of life.

God bless the X BC team. :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yep, Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTT.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Wouldn't mind trying some of those Splinter Cells again
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Video games has stalled.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Of course Twiztid "Fuck Microsoft" Elf could find a negative in a free HD upgrade to a game he loved from last gen.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Haha. Hardly.
Disappointed in Microsoft? Sure.
Fuck Microsoft? No way.

And yup. Ninja Gaiden 2 is amazing. I've played through it several times.
That Chapter 10 staircase with the fight against Elizabet at the end. One of the greatest moments in videogames.
That pre-patch original single digit framerate on the staircase is the true experience.

At this point, I'd just rather play a brand new Itagaki directed Ninja Gaiden 3 though.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Monster Hunter World just dropped on game pass. I was about to pull the trigger on finally picking it up too bonus.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Haha. Hardly.
Disappointed in Microsoft? Sure.
Fuck Microsoft? No way.

And yup. Ninja Gaiden 2 is amazing. I've played through it several times.
That Chapter 10 staircase with the fight against Elizabet at the end. One of the greatest moments in videogames.
That pre-patch original single digit framerate on the staircase is the true experience.

At this point, I'd just rather play a brand new Itagaki directed Ninja Gaiden 3 though.
Itagaki will never make another game again, go play Sekiro, closest feeling to the original ninja gaiden games in awesomeness and difficulty. Well if you play the console version you can still enjoy single digit framerate goodness too. ;)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Single digit frame rate? Sounds like the kind of pacing us oldies would be used to.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Xbox Game pass ultimate for 1 buck And convert remaining Gold and Game pass month for month. Up to 36 months.

Done through Xbox insiders and signing up for Preview Alpha. You may need to be level 4-5 to apply.

All info in link....

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/456156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My first payment of $1 occurs June next year. I should of added more Gold subscription before applying
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Should have been cancel cancelling.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That one picture sums up the entire XBONE life-cycle so well :lol:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Disc free xbone is out and the price is like $349 hahahhaa fuck me. Who the hell would buy that at this point of the lifecycle when you can go around and grab absolute bargains on great games that are a few years old now for like ten bucks etc. Just locking yourself to pay $49 or more in the MS store.

I guess the assumption is that they want people to buy it then lock themselves into Game Pass for 15 a month and live in that ecosystem and pick up some bargains around the place in sales that aren't on it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oi when the hell did Devil May Cry 5 show up on the GamePass? I was just dicking around on the xbox while I spoke to family on the phone and noticed it there. I'm stoked!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

yesterday I believe
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Wow. Game Pass is so good.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Kingdom Come Deliverance today on Xbox and PC.

Fuck yeah game pass rocks, rapidly expanding PC library to and all sweet fuck all. It's at the point that on the Xbox if it's not a huge release I'm never sure if I'm going to get it free or if I should buy it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
flipswitch
que
que

Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Post by flipswitch »

What’s happening to Halo :Infinite?

Creative director and lead producer on campaign both gone.
Hey all – I wanted to jump in and clarify what Tim & Mary’s roles were at the studio, because there seems to be quite a bit of confusion here. Before that happens though, I’d like to reassure everyone that the entire Halo Infinite team is rallying behind the game and is working hard to make sure we can execute on its vision.
Tim’s role as Creative Director was to help make creative decisions around the design and direction of the game – whether it was campaign, multiplayer, etc. Mary’s role as an Executive Producer and then Lead Producer on Campaign was to help drive the game to its completion for our holiday 2020 release date – with the latter specifically focusing on campaign deliverables.

Unfortunately the thread’s title saying, “He was replace with Mary Olson and she also left,” is far from accurate. It implies that Mary took over creative control of the entire game, didn’t like what she saw, and then decided to leave. If that’s what actually happened, I could totally understand getting worried – but that isn’t the case, as she was a Lead Producer and not a new Creative Director.
Producers at our studio support designers, engineers, artists, etc. by helping each of them track and hit deliverables. They also ensure the people they support are not overwhelmed with too much work and have all the tools and information needed to hit their deadlines. To put it simply, producers are the ones tasked with making sure the studio is always moving forward – even our Community Team has a producer to ensure we’re tracking our deliverables; blogs, social media posts, flighting emails, and whatever pops up in between.

Since Tim and Mary were friends of mine, I’m sad that I don’t get to see them as often, but I’m happy to see both of them doing well. Mary joining Josh Holmes at Midwinter is nothing short of exciting news for me, because I’m eager to give Scavengers another go soon (I played it at E3 and thoroughly enjoyed it). And, funny enough, I actually just bumped into Tim the other night at the theater for opening night of the Joker :)

TL;DR: Title is super misleading, there is no creative dilemma inside the studio, and there’s no writing on the walls.