Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by lestat »

In accordance to everything i've read so far: No, they won't. Mixer was MS streaming service, so it's natural that it was part of the UI and etc. Now, Mixer is FB service, MS is cutting all support to it. From July 22 onwards, you can only stream to Twitch from your console.

Sure, FB will probably release an streaming app for consoles in the future, but in no way this will be integrated on a system level. You'll have to download it from the Store

Simple put: MS sold Mixer to FB and announced a partnership. This partnership consist of XCloud - Insta/Facebook integration. You know that YouTube - Stadia function, that on the game trailer / gameplay there's a button that says "Play Now with Stadia" ? Yep, that same thing.

Link to the Wire article: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/22/ ... ng-vision/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link to Mixer news FAQ: https://blog.mixer.com/2020/06/22/the-n ... for-mixer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mixer FAQ: https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... 0044847472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is good news, I was worried about Facebook being integrated into the xbox ui.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Microsoft shutting down Mixer. I was surprised considering how much they splurged on streamers and how baked in Mixer is on Xbox.

They're directing people to Facebook instead :lol:
Microsoft shutting down a half-arsed attempt to compete with a superior product. News at 11.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I got my rebranded Edge update this morning. Edge rebranded. Again. The usual ‘let’s get started’ upon windows restart. I right clicked the taskbar item and selected close, but it didn’t close. My OS disobeyed me. ‘Let’s get started’ seemingly the only option. Task bar finished it off but you’ve got to give it to MS for the extent to which they beg users to use it. Not that it’s bad. I wouldn’t know. I’m just a long time Chrome and google suite user.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

:lol:

I miss the Zune though.

Edit. Oops, this was in reply to Unfunks post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

New Edge browser uses Chromium now Pep, it's all the same now.

The differences now just come down to the profile/bookmark syncing, rendering/performance is pretty much the same now because it's the same browser engine.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

It’s all the alerts that pop up when you use google apps on a browser that isn’t chrome. Add that to the list of annoying browser business practices.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah I know what you mean, I use Edge because the mobile app has built in adblock support, mobile chrome does not. It's just easier to sync my bookmarks/passwords with my microsoft account across all my machines and mobile devices.

The move to chromium has been good, I no longer need chrome installed for the odd webpage rendering that screws up.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:I got my rebranded Edge update this morning. Edge rebranded. Again. The usual ‘let’s get started’ upon windows restart. I right clicked the taskbar item and selected close, but it didn’t close. My OS disobeyed me. ‘Let’s get started’ seemingly the only option. Task bar finished it off but you’ve got to give it to MS for the extent to which they beg users to use it. Not that it’s bad. I wouldn’t know. I’m just a long time Chrome and google suite user.
This is what killed my PC over the weekend and ended in fresh OS install.

They haven't tried to push it out again either even though I'm now already on the new build 2004 release.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Mixer shutting down surely amounts to a couple of the easiest eight figure pay days ever.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/repor ... orts-news/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ninja and Shroud have opted out of Facebook Gaming partnership

Esports consultant and insider Rod Breslau had posted a tweet about the exact amount Ninja and Shroud took home from Mixer and this is how fans are responding to the move.

They have reportedly taken home $30M and $10M respectively after closing the deal with Mixer. Now, let us consider this: they had not even completed a full year on Mixer. Moreover, they are free to talk partnership deals with other platforms as of now. In that case, their biggest options right now are going back to Twitch or switching to Youtube. In either case, it is a win-win situation for both of them.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I can't believe they got that much, just ridiculous.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'm looking at getting two Bones this week, a One X and a Digital only console for the kids play room. Spread over 2 consoles can I pay for just one Gamepass so both consoles can use it? Is it like Playstation where you put your details on a second console and they can use anything I download to it? What about XBL? Do I need that on both in order to play co-op or do games still support system link?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Getting back into Horizon 3 and fuck me it's a stunning game (and that's on a One S).
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

t0mby wrote:I'm looking at getting two Bones this week, a One X and a Digital only console for the kids play room. Spread over 2 consoles can I pay for just one Gamepass so both consoles can use it? Is it like Playstation where you put your details on a second console and they can use anything I download to it? What about XBL? Do I need that on both in order to play co-op or do games still support system link?
Yeah make family accounts and you gotta do something with which ones the home Xbox but eventually works.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ok, just want to make sure the kids one has parental controls to prevent downloading anything 10+. Need to have peace of mind over what they have access to.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah you set that and anytime they try to access something above the age limit you set it will ask you to login. You can either ban it, allow just he current attempt or permanently allow the game they want to play.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:I'm looking at getting two Bones this week, a One X and a Digital only console for the kids play room. Spread over 2 consoles can I pay for just one Gamepass so both consoles can use it? Is it like Playstation where you put your details on a second console and they can use anything I download to it? What about XBL? Do I need that on both in order to play co-op or do games still support system link?
You need to create a Microsoft family, as long as you add your kids under your family they will have access to your xbl and gamepass sub. I do this over 3 xbox consoles and it works great.

If you want them to access digital purchases from your account, setup one console as your home console, that way you don't need to be signed in to allow others to play your purchased content on that box. The second box set it up so anyone can sign you in, but turn on pin code/password for store purchases. If someone wants to play your digital content on the second box, they just need to sign you in and they'll get full access.

Gamepass games don't require this sign in on the second box.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So I did win the auction, pick up the stuff on Sunday as it's a 2hr drive away.

1x One X (less than a year old, boxed)
1x One S Digital (boxed 2 months old)
1x Elite Controller V2 brand new
1x spare controller (plus the ones that come with consoles)
40" 4K smart TV
Netgear Switch (brand new)
Network cables
Razor headset boxed
Turtle Beach Headset (new)
Belkin multi power bank with surge protector
Play and charge kits
2 games
And a desk. Probably a couple of things I missed out but overall a decent package.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

That's... quite the haul.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I wouldn't have bought it if the One X was still available in stores but I procrastinated on the Cyberpunk LE console and now there's nothing. Looked for a decent One X package and this one sounded like the score as I can use the digital in the kids room and network it up. Don't really care about the Series X anymore since MS dropped the ball good and proper on the hype train.

Buying up second Nd hand games now. Have Forza Horizon 3 and Quantum Break, trying to find Panzer Dragoon Orta now. Might be just in time to nab some FH3 dlc before it's removed.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oh tomby. You could have played the same games with a higher framerate and resolution.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

How? Are they on PS4 Pro? Sorry, I'm new to Xbox One.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

A SeX Box is basically two One Xs duct taped together.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I look forward with anticipation to the regret thread t0mby.
I've actually factory reset and disconnected my XB1. It's in a pile over there waiting to be offloaded.
I put my XB360 in its place. It plays all the same games I would play on the XB1 (except FH3).
The beauty of relying only on backward compatibility. Downgrading a gen is an option. Dan Mattrick was right all along, they did have a product for me.
XB1 - Literally the worst video game console I've ever owned.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You're missing out on Ninja Gaiden 2 in 4K.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Plays fine in 1080p on my XB360 still though.