Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Rorschach »

Damn, very good deal. Reminds me of the time MS sent three free games for some issue with the original Xbox (can't remember what now).
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:Damn, very good deal. Reminds me of the time MS sent three free games for some issue with the original Xbox (can't remember what now).
That was for the early adopters wasn't it when there was backlash for their very quick price drop?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

That was it. I have to hand it to MS, always had exceptional customer service which doesn't really jibe with their image at times. They fixed my RROD Falcon 360 without an issue, and it still works. They are the only company to date that I've encountered that actively helped out on social media when I was having driver issues with my Fujifilm X100T after upgrading to Windows 10. Will pick up a Bone when the Slim arrives.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

t0mby wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Damn, very good deal. Reminds me of the time MS sent three free games for some issue with the original Xbox (can't remember what now).

That was for the early adopters wasn't it when there was backlash for their very quick price drop?
I do remember an xbl outage where they gave away some xbla games for free.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

t0mby wrote:That was for the early adopters wasn't it when there was backlash for their very quick price drop?
:roll:

Let's be frank, the Xbox was a massive flop up until they heavily dropped the price - which ultimately cost Microsoft 4 BILLION DOLLARS in losses by the end of the PS2/XB/GCN generation.

You see, unlike Nintendo, Sega, and even Sony, Microsoft simply bought its way into the industry. :down:

By choosing to acquire IP's (e.g. Halo), buying out videogame developers (e.g. Rare for almost $400 million), money-hatting developers to make games and provide exclusivity (e.g. Tecmo with Dead of Alive), plus a massive price drop + throwing in 3 games/second controller/dvd playback remote controller etc with consoles to entice consumers...Microsoft demonstrated they clearly had no interest in actually creating from the ground up an authentic & true video game company (developing their own games using their own talent, creativity and imagination) like Nintendo or Sega...and were simply desperate as fuck to get into the video game sector ASAP and conquer it as fast as they can by writing out cheques and having to put in as little effort as possible into what actually entails a video game company (i.e. internally creating and developing games!).

Really admirable... :wanker:

But i'm happy now because Microsoft going forward are absolutely FUCKED. :up:

Xbox One was always supposed to be a Microsoft set top box and NOT a gaming system, because Microsoft knew that if they didn't make their mark this generation as Xbox being an all in one set top box, they never will. Microsoft know that in the future generation, they are going to be up against television manufacturers (including probably Apple if they enter the market which is likely) offering cloud gaming without the need for any extra hardware, and so Microsoft needed to spend this new generation demonstrating why it's worth buying a Microsoft set top box, even when the future is going to offer videogames simply through a television.

But of course as we all know, Microsoft's set top box ambitions catastrophically failed (along with the Kinect...and Microsoft's sickening strategy to collect advertising dollars by forcing Kinect's camera & microphone to remain always on, and collect data about XB1 customers, for Microsoft to then sell to advertisers in exchange for $$$). As for a future XBOX console...I honestly don't see it happening. The XBOX brand has bled Microsoft billions upon billions of dollars - to a point where shareholders, investors, and analysts want Microsoft to drop the Xbox division.

In addition - by the time this generation is over and Sony have managed to rip the XBOX brand to shreds (basically another half decade of Sony exposing XB1 as an inferior joke of a console not designed for hardcore gamers), I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another XBOX console in the future, and the XBOX brand is instead turned into a more fully fledged gaming service for various Microsoft products. :redface:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Someone is riding the same bus as GameHED at the moment :/
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Not really, I just copy and pasted, and then merged two individual posts I had made ages ago. :lol:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

like every post you make
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

So if Sony ripped the xbox brand to shreds, fuck what the hell did it do to Nintendo's home console brand?? To make it worse the wounded Xbox brand came in and took a big shit on what was ever left of the Wii U....

Just remember the more you shit on the Xbone, the more it highlights just how much of a failure those Nintendo hotcakes are....

From selling over a 100 million consoles with the Wii then release a follow up which struggle to hit 10 million would have to be one of gamings BIGGEST fuckups...
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You're forgetting that Nintendo's biggest "fuck up" in history (Wii U - which by the way is not "struggling" to reach 10 million units, when it has already passed 10 million) has multiple games that have outsold EVERY SINGLE XBOX ONE GAME EVER RELEASED - including massive franchise games on the XB1 like Call of Duty, GTA, Destiny, MGS, Witcher, Titanfall, Assassin's Creed etc...and the two biggest XBOX franchise games ever...HALO & FORZA??? :redface:

Mario Kart 8 alone has OUTSOLD Halo 5 & Halo: Master Chief COMBINED! :lol:

For fuck's sake, Super Smash Bros. U alone has OUTSOLD Forza 5, Forza 6, and Forza Horzon 2 COMBINED! :lol:

Even a fucking niche game like Splatoon on the Wii U has sold MORE copies than the likes of MASSIVE XB1 games like Destiny, Titanfall, and Halo 5!!

Who would have thunk it that a kiddy third person shooter on Nintendo's flop Wii U console would have OUTSOLD XB1's most pivotal game...Halo 5!?!? :lol:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

It struggled to hit 10 million, it made it but it struggled. Even releasing 2 games of its biggest Icon Mario, even he could barely push it past the magic 10 million.

Spin what ever bullshit you want, if it makes your little fanboy heart feel better just do it. But the facts are both Sony and the struggling MS passed the the flopped Wii U after giving it a year head start.

It's pathetic how rapped up you are in sales figures and to some how make you feel like a winner this gen you are now cheering on your enemy Sony....
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yep, for all of Nintendo's success with the Wii it could be put down to the fact that it was a gimmick machine with a gimmick controller. Pong for the 21st century. Irrespective of Nintendo's first party games (quality though they are) they've never driven consoles forward. The only time they did was with the original NES and then all the third parties jumped on board and subsequently made the SNES the success it was. N64 was a dud, the Gamecube not much better and now the WiiU. If Nintendo is content with their own slice of the pie fair enough. If they want market share from MS or Sony outside of Japan they need to get back in the numbers race and build relationships with 3rd parties again.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

guttermouth wrote:But the facts are both Sony and the struggling MS passed the the flopped Wii U after giving it a year head start.
With Wii U's one year head start over the XB1, the XB1 has managed to sell only a mere 6 MILLION UNITS more than the Wii U.

With 360's one year head start over the Wii, the Wii has sold well over 16 MILLION UNITS more than the 360.

Thus taking your demented logic into account, the 360 (when compared to the Wii) is an even bigger flop than the Wii U (when compared to the XB1). :redface:

Stop fooling yourself! The XB1 is as much as a flop as the Wii U (especially when you take into account that software sales for XB1's biggest games like Halo 5, Forza 5 & 6, Titanfall, Killer Instinct etc...are in the gutter and being outsold massively by Wii U games). :cry:

With PS4 now DOUBLING XB1's hardware sales and Microsoft already shooting it's load with the release of all of their big titles (the Forza's...the Halo's...all of which have underperformed), XB1 next year is absolutely fucked (Microsoft has FUCK ALL exclusive big-title "must-have" games planned for 2016).

Sony is going to decimate XB1 even more with the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank etc...and all xbots are going to look forward to playing in 2016 are the WORST (in graphics, resolution, and frame-rate) downgraded versions of third party games when compared to the superior PS4/PC versions. :lol:

Let's also not forget that Playstation 4's massively anticipated virtual reality add-on (Playstation VR) is set for a worldwide release next year, and is only going to make the XB1 look even more technologically inferior, outdated and pathetic! 8)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

What the fuck are you talking about now?? The 360 is a flop now cause of your demented logic not mine......

The Wii U is a flop cause it's a flop. It's a flop cause Nintendo have given up on it, it's dead, it's buried. Dicksmith called it a flop years ago when I was able to pick it up in their fire sale.

There is a reason why you are jumping on your enimies bandwagon and cheering Sony on. Cause even you know the Wii U is a flop, you called hotcakes and you where wrong......again. You need to feel like a winner, if you wanna jump on a winner buy a PS4.

Just remember the more and more you try to paint the Xbone as a failure, there is a greater failure than it. Doesn't matter how many times it's pointed out to you by Ranchers, you are to fucken dumb to get it.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Why don't you read your own posts Guttercunt! :down:

You're the fucker who brought up that the Wii U had a one year head start over the XB1, and yet XB1 has outsold the Wii U.

I simply brought attention to the fact that with Wii U's one year head start over the XB1, the XB1 has managed to sell only 6 million units more than the Wii U, yet with 360's one year head start over the Wii, the Wii managed to sell well over 16 million units more than the 360.

And furthermore you're a fucking liar who keeps repeating the same shit about Dick Smith dropping the Wii U (the same Dick Smith BTW that is on the brink of bankruptcy), when in fact what happened was Dick Smith was sold off and new management decided to reduce their interests in videogames - which included no longer stocking ALL Nintendo hardware and ALL Nintendo software (the incredibly successful 3DS was also dropped at the SAME EXACT TIME as Wii U by Dick Smith).

They have never even stocked the likes of Pokemon X/Y, Mario Kart 7, etc...which are games that have sold 10 million + copies each (millions more than PS4 & XB1's best selling games) for a handheld (3DS) that has sold about 60 million units.

Thus, Dick Smith didn't drop the Wii U - they dropped Nintendo as a whole when new management entered. This all went down even before Wii U's one year anniversary, in which the likes of Zelda: WW HD and Super Mario 3D World had not yet been released.

And FYI - it's so sad to see you have relapsed yet AGAIN! :cry:

You pathetic little tranny stalking junkie...you simply cannot control yourself from fighting for my attention, can you? You are absolutely OBSESSED with me, and you cannot control it! :lol:

I own you Guttercunt, as I am your crack and you are my WHORE! 8)

EDIT: Bitch, I can see you're still lurking around Games-Ranch. Go to sleep ya stalker! :down:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Again what the fuck are you talking about??? What has the Wii and 360 got to do with the argument. Both are successful consoles unlike the Wii U.

How predictable, in comes the childish games and name calling in your posts, always a sign of you been defeated and so wrong. You can't claim stalking when you are in an Xbox thread, you come in here for the pathetic drama queen attention nothing more. You own nothing, you don't even own a Wii U
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

guttercunt wrote:You own nothing, you don't even own a Wii U
I own you bitch! :up:

You will NEVER, EVER get me out of your system, because I am inside of you!

You smoke, snort, inhale, and inject my existence into your system. You are absolutely 100% OBSESSED with me, and have been for YEARS!

I reiterate, I am your crack and you are my WHORE! 8)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

rocco meltdown #54335608

:rollin:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:
t0mby wrote:

I do remember an xbl outage where they gave away some xbla games for free.
It was Undertow for the overload/outage over Xmas 2007.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Never got that one as I could never figure out XBL on the original Xbox. Still, good that MS shows customers some love.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

The Witcher 2 is currently free on the marketplace is now backwards compatible on the bone. Gogogoogog
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Everyone should pick it up, I've never played it myself, but heard great things about it. And it's free!.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Once you play 3 you sure as hell ain't playing 2...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Hah! It's a scam to get a payment option tied to your account. I went to purchase it and it wants credit card details because I don't have any payment options tied to my account. Oh well, game sucks balls anyway in 600p. Apparently. So lestat says.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »