Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Madmya »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Plays fine in 1080p on my XB360 still though.
You mean 1120 x 585. :P
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I essentially got it for all the exclusives I've missed out on this gen, FH3 and Quantum Break were always at the top of my list plus I'm dying to replay Perfect Dark again but may opt for Rare Replay instead.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just going to put this out there - I liked Quantum Break more than I liked Control.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You will enjoy Quantum Break, probably not the 100 GB download for the movies though!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

You'll enjoy FH3 t0mby. It is excellent.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Just going to put this out there - I liked Quantum Break more than I liked Control.
I'll probably be the same Candy. I bought Control recently and it wasn't long into it that I switched to something else. It just felt a bit off and I don't know why. It has the feel of a Remedy game, it's polished, looks great but something I just can't quite put my finger on.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just bought the OG Xbox version of Splinter Cell Double Agent since it runs on the Bone, only $4. I heard it was a different and far superior game to the 360/PC/PS3 version. Pretty excited actually as I haven't played a SC game since Blacklist back in 2013.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Have any of you guys had issues with Game Pass on PC where it stops recognising you as having a Game Pass account?

I have one and when I go to download a game, it stops at 90% and tells me I'm not a Game Pass member.

Same with updating a game like Forza Horizon 4, a game I bought outright on release, it downloads 90% of the update then the same shit as with downloading a game.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

I've had that issue where Windows tells me there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. Gamepass won't work until I fix that. Haven't had it happen during a download or update though.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Candy Arse wrote:Have any of you guys had issues with Game Pass on PC where it stops recognising you as having a Game Pass account?

I have one and when I go to download a game, it stops at 90% and tells me I'm not a Game Pass member.

Same with updating a game like Forza Horizon 4, a game I bought outright on release, it downloads 90% of the update then the same shit as with downloading a game.
Didn't Twisted Elf or someone have the same issue? Pretty sure it sent him mental trying to fix it so I hope it's not the same one.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Did anyone else get the $7 random gift card from MS for xbox loyalty? I did the other night.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Yep I did, mentioned it in another thread. Put it towards Horizon 3 DLC before it disappears.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

What date does the dlc disappear? I pick up my One X on Sunday afternoon so I guess FH3 will he my first install.

Games I've bought this week for the One X.

Halo MCC
Rare Replay
FH3
Quantum Break
Splinter Cell Double Agent (OG Xbox version)
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

September 27 is when Forza Horizon 3 and DLC will no longer be sold.

FH4 is on Game Pass.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ahh sweet, still a month away. Was dreading it was the last day of this month cos I need to ring Xbox help desk and get my country location changed. Imagining being on the phone for hours while the dlc disappears. :lol:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I added the Hotwheels DLC to my account before I shitcanned my XB1. Played about a third of the way into it. It was good, but like Blizzard Mountain, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the base content.
Mavy wrote:I've had that issue where Windows tells me there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. Gamepass won't work until I fix that. Haven't had it happen during a download or update though.
Froggy wrote:Didn't Twisted Elf or someone have the same issue? Pretty sure it sent him mental trying to fix it so I hope it's not the same one.
This is correct. Middle of last year. The thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An absolute nightmare and one of the reasons I'm glad to put it all behind me.

Just realized I never provided closure on that thread on the second occurance. It was interesting.
When I finally got through to support that could help me, they were asking questions like "How long was your account not gold?" I told them that it had ALWAYS been gold since whenever you could get it in Australia. They didn't believe me and questioned this as apparently to them, I hadn't been on Gold for ages...
I told them to check my account for Games with Gold then, and that I had every single Games with Gold released up to that point on my account. They had to concede that I was right.
They literally told me "We've never seen an account like this, in this state, before".
Anyhow they'd fixed that second occurrence of that weird account issue, and it didn't come back.

I didn't tell this story either, but on top of the login issue last year, my XB1 (its a launch VCR model) seemed to have some kind of hardware fault creeping in.
Intermittently, when trying to turn it on, it would immediately turn off. Exactly like in the youtube video below.
I'd apply the same fix of forcing a hard reset, but the timing was an absolute bitch, so it was usually 5 minutes of fucking around turning it off and on.

When I was deciding whether to keep my 360 or the XB1, the XB1 pulled that turning off shit again, so it was an easy choice.
Chuck on the same issue that other people have been talking about "sitting down to play, and it needing to patch", and I'm off it.
Too much hassle. Too many barriers between me and playing a good video game. Not a good customer experience. I'm glad to put it all behind me. Microsoft really don't understand gaming.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

The Hot Wheels DLC sucked. The Lego DLC for FH4 was the best ever FH DLC.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I don't even know what dlc is available, might just get a couple of car packs, I'll see.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ok, so I'm up and running. Have downloaded 2 games that were purchased on the 360, Perfect Dark and Hydro Thunder. Am now installing FH3 and fuck me it's slow even without doing the patch at the same time. I gather a UHD player is slower than a Blu Ray?

Menu is cumbersome, Elite controller feels awesome, set up was painless as I got the app while it downloaded and managed to get my profile and everything sorted while it was downloading so that was a positive. Didn't suss out setting up a MS family thing yet though.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

How fucking amazing is the Elite Controller 2? Microsoft may have dropped the ball with everything else, but they sure know how to make a controller!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Best controller I've used, by far the best in the market. Only issue is the magnets aren't strong enough for the battery pack to stay attached so I've used some tape to hold it on.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just finished the first mission of Halo CE (first time since back in 2003), gameplay wise it's held up really well and I can appreciate the graphical update. Felt weird not having a run/dash button but aside from that... Looking forward to getting in some more MC action.

What's the deal with Halo Reach? It's in the list of games but when I click it it says there are no files and I need to go to the store. Do I need to buy it? If I have the 360 version can I install it from that and then in future launch from the MCC?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Reach should be included in MCC, yeah? You might just have to download it separately.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I bought the expansion pass for $15 I think it was. Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain. Not sure if I'll get any of the other packs. Are they all car packs?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

t0mby wrote:I bought the expansion pass for $15 I think it was. Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain. Not sure if I'll get any of the other packs. Are they all car packs?
Yeah all cars I think. I 100%'d Hot Wheels, blizzard mountain not so much, didn't like it as much.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!