Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

MGS1 & MGS2 releases on GOG

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Release dates say 2000 and 2003 respectively so they’re the original PC ports however they appear to be updated to work on current hardware and come with features like cloud support.

The original Metal Gear + Castlevania and Contra released alongside.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from Konami. I would love a working Silent Hill 2 port.

https://www.gog.com/news/classic_konami ... _on_gogcom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: MGS1 & MGS2 releases on GOG

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Ooooooooh

Metal Gear Solid was my favourite PSone game.

Anyone know what the best mods are to get them running as well as possible? Resolution/widescreen mods, modern controller support etc?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Saw that this morning. I just bought Art of Rally two days ago so will have to wait until pay day :(
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Ooooooooh

Metal Gear Solid was my favourite PSone game.

Anyone know what the best mods are to get them running as well as possible? Resolution/widescreen mods, modern controller support etc?
Don’t know how accurate the source is, but there’s a rumour it’s getting the full remake treatment.

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-original ... ve-remake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new claim comes from YouTube channel RedGamingTech, a channel that typically specializes in gaming hardware. According to the channel's source, the original Metal Gear Solid will be getting a full remake (not just a remaster), and when it eventually releases, it'll be a console exclusive to the PS5, as well as coming to PC.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I would lose my shit if this came true. Loved the original MGS but it's murder to play again. Recently downloaded Twin Snakes ROM to play through but a remaster would be killer. I hope now the series has concluded they remaster the first 4 games like the Halo series and release them again for the next gen.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Rorschach wrote:Saw that this morning. I just bought Art of Rally two days ago so will have to wait until pay day :(
Art of Rally looks good. How is it?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

It is super chill. Slightly odd perspective but it makes sense after a while. Reminds me of Micro Machines way back in the day.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Watched a bunch of reviews now of the releases and they are fairly underwhelming, dialed in ports. Will wait for the remasters and hope Konami doesn't fuck it up.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Silent Hill 4 on GOG now. Come on SH2.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Man I hope the remaster rumours are true.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Well Konami have remastered the Snake Eater cut scenes before for a Pachinko game so it wouldn't be hard to believe.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.