PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by lestat »

some benches of the new Titan V

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-vol ... enchmarks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User on reddit has been posting results too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comment ... ask_me_to/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I get around 132fps, So not a huge jump over a 1080Ti, a lot of cash to outlay for just 15~20% improvement in performance.

Are we starting to hit walls like cpus did?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Well it turns out it really is just a GPGPU but with a video output, hence the massive price. I guess we'll have a while to wait before we get the 11x0 series, or whatever their naming it..
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat

Post by lestat »

There is a jump in SM units and HBM2, but the clocks are low, doesn't seem to hit the clocks the 1080TI does.

The tensor units are idle, there will be some space saving removing those.

Doesn't seem to be big enough change in volta to see sizable jumps in efficiency/performance. We need AMD and Vega2 to get their act together to give nvidia the push they need.

There is talk that nvidia is going to skip Volta for consumer cards and go to Ampere.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Vesa announces display HDR spec and tiers.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12144/ve ... -and-tiers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With Vesa on board now, we should see a lot more monitors next year with HDR abilities for PC.

Latest patch for the PC version of AC: Origins enables HDR support. :up:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1 ... atch-Notes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One X also gets better textures and terrain due to increased memory budget.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Done a few new builds recently and must say how much I dislike NZXT cases - truly ordinary building experience. I've built in Phanteks, Fractals and NZXTs now and Phanteks are by far and away the best building experience. That said, once the NZXT build is done it looks phenomenal. This is a H440 I bought in Japan off a friend. Basically one year old but due to some major life changes had to sell it quickly. Picked it up for $1100AUD, about $2500 worth of parts in it. I was going to get an XOX but thought a Skylake 6700K and 1070 Zotac was a better option going into the future.

Recently built in an NZXT S340 Elite - horrible. Thin metal frames need to die.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

It looks nice for all intent purposes though. Although I'm not a huge fan of these covered front cases, airflow is the lifeblood of the gaming PC, the more open the front is for airflow the better imo.

Been very happy with my phantek(enthoo pro m) case, haven't had a single issue with it in terms trapped heat/air flow. The only thing I'd like improved on it would be a more elegant front panel to remove the filters.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Oooh looking forward to playing AC Origins through the 4K TV, all patched up and ready to go :up:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yeah, airflow is such a huge thing. Not a fan at all of the move to closed off front panels. My Luxe isn't too bad but I wish the front panel had more space for intake.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I'm still gutted that ThermalTake no longer make the Level 10 GT. What a beast that thing was. No airflow worries at all!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Love my Thermaltake Level 10GT. Best looking case ever.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ass Creed Origins PC patch is available, 2.71 gig download.

4K 60fps HDR...this is gaming :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I wish it was a play anywhere title. Love being able to have my progress move between PC/Xbone. Just about done with the story, long game.

Got a brook 360->OneX controller adapter yesterday, works great on the bone but I found it's also really great for my PC. Certain games like Marvel Vs Capcom 3 on PC will only work with One controllers, so my 360 arcade sticks work now using that adapter. :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

LG announce HDR600 monitors.

https://www.techpowerup.com/239898/lg-a ... layhdr-600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Copy and pasted directly into your Master Race gaming thread! :up:

For those that don't know what's going on...all night Candy Arse has been posting and deleting over and over again that massive wall of text/gif/jpg in the other thread. :roll:

Here's a screen capture I took right before he deleted it (and then re-posted it again...and then deleted it again!) :down:

Last edited by Jasper on 22 Dec 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Fat cunt Candy Arse did it again! Completely out of nowhere...he decided to yet again copy and paste the wall of text/gif/jpg in the other thread (even when admin have REPEATEDLY told him to stop doing it). :roll:

I'll stop retaliating when Lard Arse finally stops doing this shit! :down:
t0mby wrote:
lestat wrote: Here she is.

It doesn't get any better than this. :up:
How did I miss this? :?

You are a DISGUSTING man!!! :down: :down: :down:

Selfishly spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on gadgets/consoles/games all for your grown-arse greedy self - whilst intentionally robbing your young children of the magic of playing a child-friendly game as mind-blowing & joyous as Super Mario Odyssey? :cry:

Are your kids still on an internet/social media ban, as to ensure they don't know the existence of Nintendo Switch/Legend of Zelda: BOTW/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Splatoon 2/Super Mario Odyssey? :?

Any FATHER WITH A PASSION FOR GAMING purposely inflicting harm against their child by robbing them of the "Nintendo Magic" (as demonstrated below) deserves to be reported to the Department of Family and Community Services. :down:

There so fucking better be a Nintendo Switch Super Mario Odyssey bundle under your Christmas tree next month (and I want you to post photographic evidence!!!). Otherwise expect a knock on your door by a DOCS case worker sometime in January! 8)

ImageImage

So in this post Jasper is making a threat against lestat and his children.
Jasper wrote:
lestat wrote:I'm not anglo

:keke:
In this post Jasper is throwing racist insults at lestat.

Previously Jasper has also thrown racist insults at Tsudo Kunoda's Japanese heritage.

Jasper, why are you cyber-bullying people?
flipswitch wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Vince wrote:What this fucking amateur doesn't understand, and the reason this whole sequel thing started in the 1st place is because Nintendo (not Microsoft or Sony) as a publisher release the same fucking sequels every new generation. They have released a Mario game every gen. A Zelda. Minus n64- Metroid. Minus NES- Mario kart. So guess what Nintendo does when the chips are down for the Wii u??? Not announce a tonne of new, exciting 3rd party games. No! They announce a remake of wind wanker. A new Mario kart. A new 3d Mario. A new Zelda. A new smash bros. like they did for Wii. Like they did for the cube. Like they did for the Nintendo 64. I mean fine, give me sequels but really, you're down and out but let's go for Mario YET AGAIN.
And who cares if 2d and 3d Mario are different. It's still Mario! It's just another excuse now to milk more Mario games out. Great idea Nintendo.
Yes I'm hanging to see another Uncharted cause I enjoyed them. The stories were great and they had a continuous storyline for all 3 games. How will Mario kart/Mario/smash bros/Zelda be any different? But I guess if Nintendo do it it's ok! Fucking moron. Someone remind me why this fuck nut is allowed to spew crap everywhere... I've tried to keep silent and not post on his posts but damn he bugs the hell out of me.
Who would have thunk it? Nintendo releasing Nintendo games for a Nintendo system. :roll:

Your logic is so ridiculous! Microsoft & Sony would DIE!!! to have the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart etc..franchises. They would pay BILLIONS (well, if Sony had any money) to get their grubby hands on it, and on the other hand, you're the idiot who wants Nintendo to just dump their key franchises (franchises that have sold 100's of millions of copies, and blossomed more innovation than any other videogame franchises).

You bitched about a new Pikmin even though there hasn't been a new Pikmin in 9 years.

You bitched about a new Smash Bros. even though there hadn't been a new Smash Bros. in 5 years.

And here you are cumming all over yourself over a fifth Uncharted game in under 6 years. Complete and utter hypocrite! :redface:

Currently Retro Studios are hard at work on a brand new IP 3+ years in the making for Wii U, and Monolith Soft are working on an epic new IP also for Wii U. 3 brand new Nintendo developed IP's are also in the works for 3DS.

Even a brand new Yoshi platformer (there hasn't been a Yoshi platformer on a home console in 16 years) is in development. Is it so hard to believe that a brand new HD Yoshi platformer being developed by the genius behind Yoshi's Island, may in fact turn out incredible?

Like I said previously, if Nintendo listened to your shitty advice, there wouldn't be the likes of Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, New Super Mario Bros U etc...

No Super Mario Bros. 3 !?!?

No Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time !?!?

No Super Mario Galaxy !?!?.....

This is how you would like it?...OMG...go kill yourself! :down:
Jasper wrote:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Animal Crossing: New Leaf etc...are all being released in Australia within the next 2-3 months.

Seriously, if you don't own a 3DS....kill yourself! :redface:

Burnzoire wrote:We didn't grow up with Commander Shepherd, Dom, or Drake. Fucking Zelda and Mario have been around for over 25 years and they're still releasing the same thing over and over again.
Though you did grow up with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid etc...and you fuckers still cream your pants over new versions of those games.

You guys even still let Sega prick tease you at the idea of a new Sonic every year or so, which eventually turns out to be a piece of junk.

I don't care if Vince wants a new Uncharted, but she has some nerve to attack Nintendo for doing something that Microsoft, Sony and third party developers are also doing, if not worse. Vince is wrong, and she knows she is!
Jasper wrote:So iv'e put in about 12 hours into Zelda: BotW....just finished up my very first dungeon! :up:

I cannot put into words just how fucking enormous this game is. Eiji Aonuma wasn't lying when he said everything in the game is fully interactive (objects, animals, people, etc), and that anywhere you see in the game (even in the very far distant)...you can climb over to/fly over to/swim over to/ride over to/using your shield to surfboard over to, etc.

And the visuals and music are soooooooo phenomenal. The reviewers are correct, BotW truly is the best Zelda ever made and the best video game in history. :)

Seriously, if you call yourself a "gamer", and don't play this game, bahahaha....]you may as well go kill yourself(you have no idea what the fuck you are missing out on). :lol:

Oh, and video reviews are up...
Jasper wrote:What's "stupid" is a JUDAS of the gaming industry like yourself, even having the audacity to post on a gaming message-board. :down:

Do you think everyone here has forgotten that you were basically the only one that was adamantly fighting in favour of Microsoft's Xbox One DRM strategy? :roll:

Whilst your sisterhood of xbots were up in arms and actually doing something about Microsoft's attempt to strip gamers of their consumer rights, YOU were posting comment after comment DEFENDING Microsoft's DRM strategy. :redface:

Search your history of posts, gutter stench pussy lips! There is post after post of you defending Microsoft's DRM strategy in which you comment that Microsoft were left with no other alternative, and you even spouted garbage about how used games should not be compared to other used goods (like cars, bags etc) in which manufacturers have no further rights over sold goods, and that game developers deserve a cut of used game sales. :lol:

What a vile Microsoft cum pig you are, siding with the multi-billion dollar conglomerate attempting to destroy game ownership! :down:

YET ON THE OTHER HAND....

Here you are in this thread POST AFTER POST advocating for gamers to buy an emulator, and to then COMMIT A CRIME and ILLEGALLY download and STEAL ROMS. Software piracy is a CRIMINAL act, hence making you GutterCUNT - no different to a child molester, or murderer, or sex offender. :shock:

So in conclusion...you advocate for Microsoft to strip gamers of their consumer rights, but you also advocate for gamers to commit a crime and steal from Nintendo. :?

What a fucking mess you are. Go kill yourself! :suicide:

Jasper advising ranch members to kill themselves .
flipswitch wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Vince wrote:What this fucking amateur doesn't understand, and the reason this whole sequel thing started in the 1st place is because Nintendo (not Microsoft or Sony) as a publisher release the same fucking sequels every new generation. They have released a Mario game every gen. A Zelda. Minus n64- Metroid. Minus NES- Mario kart. So guess what Nintendo does when the chips are down for the Wii u??? Not announce a tonne of new, exciting 3rd party games. No! They announce a remake of wind wanker. A new Mario kart. A new 3d Mario. A new Zelda. A new smash bros. like they did for Wii. Like they did for the cube. Like they did for the Nintendo 64. I mean fine, give me sequels but really, you're down and out but let's go for Mario YET AGAIN.
And who cares if 2d and 3d Mario are different. It's still Mario! It's just another excuse now to milk more Mario games out. Great idea Nintendo.
Yes I'm hanging to see another Uncharted cause I enjoyed them. The stories were great and they had a continuous storyline for all 3 games. How will Mario kart/Mario/smash bros/Zelda be any different? But I guess if Nintendo do it it's ok! Fucking moron. Someone remind me why this fuck nut is allowed to spew crap everywhere... I've tried to keep silent and not post on his posts but damn he bugs the hell out of me.
Who would have thunk it? Nintendo releasing Nintendo games for a Nintendo system. :roll:

Your logic is so ridiculous! Microsoft & Sony would DIE!!! to have the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart etc..franchises. They would pay BILLIONS (well, if Sony had any money) to get their grubby hands on it, and on the other hand, you're the idiot who wants Nintendo to just dump their key franchises (franchises that have sold 100's of millions of copies, and blossomed more innovation than any other videogame franchises).

You bitched about a new Pikmin even though there hasn't been a new Pikmin in 9 years.

You bitched about a new Smash Bros. even though there hadn't been a new Smash Bros. in 5 years.

And here you are cumming all over yourself over a fifth Uncharted game in under 6 years. Complete and utter hypocrite! :redface:

Currently Retro Studios are hard at work on a brand new IP 3+ years in the making for Wii U, and Monolith Soft are working on an epic new IP also for Wii U. 3 brand new Nintendo developed IP's are also in the works for 3DS.

Even a brand new Yoshi platformer (there hasn't been a Yoshi platformer on a home console in 16 years) is in development. Is it so hard to believe that a brand new HD Yoshi platformer being developed by the genius behind Yoshi's Island, may in fact turn out incredible?

Like I said previously, if Nintendo listened to your shitty advice, there wouldn't be the likes of Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, New Super Mario Bros U etc...

No Super Mario Bros. 3 !?!?

No Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time !?!?

No Super Mario Galaxy !?!?.....

This is how you would like it?...OMG...go kill yourself! :down:
Jasper wrote:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Animal Crossing: New Leaf etc...are all being released in Australia within the next 2-3 months.

Seriously, if you don't own a 3DS....kill yourself! :redface:

Burnzoire wrote:We didn't grow up with Commander Shepherd, Dom, or Drake. Fucking Zelda and Mario have been around for over 25 years and they're still releasing the same thing over and over again.
Though you did grow up with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid etc...and you fuckers still cream your pants over new versions of those games.

You guys even still let Sega prick tease you at the idea of a new Sonic every year or so, which eventually turns out to be a piece of junk.

I don't care if Vince wants a new Uncharted, but she has some nerve to attack Nintendo for doing something that Microsoft, Sony and third party developers are also doing, if not worse. Vince is wrong, and she knows she is!
Jasper wrote:So iv'e put in about 12 hours into Zelda: BotW....just finished up my very first dungeon! :up:

I cannot put into words just how fucking enormous this game is. Eiji Aonuma wasn't lying when he said everything in the game is fully interactive (objects, animals, people, etc), and that anywhere you see in the game (even in the very far distant)...you can climb over to/fly over to/swim over to/ride over to/using your shield to surfboard over to, etc.

And the visuals and music are soooooooo phenomenal. The reviewers are correct, BotW truly is the best Zelda ever made and the best video game in history. :)

Seriously, if you call yourself a "gamer", and don't play this game, bahahaha....]you may as well go kill yourself(you have no idea what the fuck you are missing out on). :lol:

Oh, and video reviews are up...
Jasper wrote:What's "stupid" is a JUDAS of the gaming industry like yourself, even having the audacity to post on a gaming message-board. :down:

Do you think everyone here has forgotten that you were basically the only one that was adamantly fighting in favour of Microsoft's Xbox One DRM strategy? :roll:

Whilst your sisterhood of xbots were up in arms and actually doing something about Microsoft's attempt to strip gamers of their consumer rights, YOU were posting comment after comment DEFENDING Microsoft's DRM strategy. :redface:

Search your history of posts, gutter stench pussy lips! There is post after post of you defending Microsoft's DRM strategy in which you comment that Microsoft were left with no other alternative, and you even spouted garbage about how used games should not be compared to other used goods (like cars, bags etc) in which manufacturers have no further rights over sold goods, and that game developers deserve a cut of used game sales. :lol:

What a vile Microsoft cum pig you are, siding with the multi-billion dollar conglomerate attempting to destroy game ownership! :down:

YET ON THE OTHER HAND....

Here you are in this thread POST AFTER POST advocating for gamers to buy an emulator, and to then COMMIT A CRIME and ILLEGALLY download and STEAL ROMS. Software piracy is a CRIMINAL act, hence making you GutterCUNT - no different to a child molester, or murderer, or sex offender. :shock:

So in conclusion...you advocate for Microsoft to strip gamers of their consumer rights, but you also advocate for gamers to commit a crime and steal from Nintendo. :?

What a fucking mess you are. Go kill yourself! :suicide:

Disgusting behavior. Is this normal for Nintendo fans?
WTF is this shit? Post reported :down:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Copy and pasted directly into your Master Race gaming thread! :up:

For those that don't know what's going on...all night Candy Arse has been posting and deleting over and over again that massive wall of text/gif/jpg in the other thread. :roll:

Here's a screen capture I took right before he deleted it (and then re-posted it again...and then deleted it again!) :down:

Yep - I accidentally quoted the wrong post and have since fixed it.

Meanwhile you're spamming your shit in here.

Mods, please ban Jasper. Enough is enough.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Master Race gaming thread

Post by Rorschach »

Doubled down and got an MSI Gaming X Trio 1080Ti. Ti cards for the win
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Welcome to the next level.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yup, purchased in anticipation of 4K/144Hz G-Sync monitors that are coming
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I think it's time I upgraded for 4k. I currently have a gtx 980. 4790k. 16 gigs. I want a new cpu and possibly a 1080ti. Need to play these new games in 4k 60fps. I own a Pro for the Sony exclusives. A Switch for Nintendo exclusives. Just thinking I should sell my Scorpio to help fund my new beast. Is it possible to get a 4k blue ray drive for the new pc as well, or am I best off getting a stand alone 4k player???
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Does anyone know what could be causing my PC to short out/reset when booting? Powers on for a couple of seconds before cutting out, then repeating over and over.

I blew as much dust out as I could but that didn't help... Could something be loose?

Edit- tried reseating the RAM, now it won't power on at all so I kicked the pos and now i'm done... Fuck PCs.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Sounds like a power supply issue. I had the same issue once, PSU gave out but the backlit keyboard still lit up. I'd be looking to try another PSU before abandoning all hope.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Vince wrote:I think it's time I upgraded for 4k. I currently have a gtx 980. 4790k. 16 gigs. I want a new cpu and possibly a 1080ti. Need to play these new games in 4k 60fps. I own a Pro for the Sony exclusives. A Switch for Nintendo exclusives. Just thinking I should sell my Scorpio to help fund my new beast. Is it possible to get a 4k blue ray drive for the new pc as well, or am I best off getting a stand alone 4k player???
CPU and RAM seem fine, CPU has at least another generation or two left in it, more so if you overclock - plus if you get a new CPU that means a new motherboard and new RAM (you'd be running DDR3, you need DDR4 for anything past Skylake). That's big, unnecessary dollars. I know you can get add blu ray drives, saw a few in Japan off the shelf but they aren't cheap - in the area of $150 to $200. I'd spring for a stand alone player instead. Just buy a 1080Ti for the moment.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:
Edit- tried reseating the RAM, now it won't power on at all so I kicked the pos and now i'm done... Fuck PCs.
When they go wrong they're a fucking headache which is why I stick to consoles, just don't have the time to muck around with computers anymore.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

jizzlobber wrote:Does anyone know what could be causing my PC to short out/reset when booting? Powers on for a couple of seconds before cutting out, then repeating over and over.

I blew as much dust out as I could but that didn't help... Could something be loose?

:lol: