Master Race gaming thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by Candy Arse »

lestat wrote:Keeps calling me a horrible parent. :cry:

I love my kids more than anything. If only his inverted penis could pump out kids so he'd understand it all. :?
He also advised you to kill yourself...on a number of occasions. Total cyber bully :down:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Jasper, that last post was just terrible. Very offensive. How lestat can tolerate it is beyond me.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just noticed in Task Manager that you can now monitor your GPU utilization, just like you can with your cpu/memory/ram etc.

Very handy. Must be from one of the latest Win10 updates.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:I don't think you're just a horrible parent, I think you're also a horrible husband because i'm willing to bet you have at some point fucked another woman behind your wife's back! :up:

As for your kids....you've proven your HATE for Nintendo is stronger than your LOVE for your kids! :roll:
So clueless, the only way you can maintain a marriage is with honesty and trust, I haven't been married for over 15 years because I lie and cheat on my partner.

You lie and cheat other men to sleep with your inverted monstrosity, this you've admitted, this is why you'll forever be a lonely ntard. You're dishonest to the core.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Sick burn! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Been looking at some large 4k PC monitor options, in the end I decided to grab a Sony 43X7000e.

Reason for grabbing the Sony.

40-43 inch 4k dpi is around 100-105 dpi, which means you don't need to use any font scaling. Sony is IPS and has low input lag. IPS at this size is a must, because you are sitting so close the angles at the edges are more extreme. I was using a 40 inch curved VA panel for a while at work and even with the curve the edges of the screen washed out. This panel doesn't start colour shifting until you exceed 40 degrees. Also IPS doesn't have the black smearing that VA panels all seem to suffer in this category.

Limited to 60hz but most of the games I play often are limited to 60fps anyways, I don't play CSGO competitively so that 144hz was just nice and smooth but not essential, graphic heavy next gen games rarely hit 100+ fps. Happy to stick with locked 60fps.

Downside to this panel is although it does support HDR10 signals, its colour gamut isn't wide enough and the peak brightness is around 350nits. There maybe some improvement with HDR10 signals but really the TV is best suited for 4k SDR content.

Some good deals going on this panel recently. picked it up off binglee's ebay store, with the site wide pronto 10% off code, it came to $650 pickup. I'll pick it up Thursday.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I bought the Sony 49X7000e during the christmas sales to compliment my xbox one x.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Nice pick ups.

I'll drop the extra for 144hz when I pick up my next display in the coming months (probably on the eve of financial year as it's the only time I can get technology purchases comfortably over the line) because I like playing my older games and have some 2012 era games on the back catalogue. I currently have a two monitor setup so need to decide whether I keep two and retain a 24" main or move to a larger single panel.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I just rediscovered my gsync monitor because I was gaming mainly on my tv, and what a difference it makes.

Went from 1080p TV to 1440p (gsync) and I actually increased the games’ visual settings in AC:O and Kingdom Come Deliverance to Ultra High and because of how gsync works everything felt smooth running at any particular frame rate. That’s crazy if you think about it - higher resolution and settings and still perfectly playable.

It’s a game changer. I wish all my devices supported it. Now where’s that 65inch gsync. monitor ;).

Having said that, because I’m pushing my PC, it’s getting crazy loud and hot, so I’m going for an AIO cooler.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yes that's the issue with Gsync, you find your GPU is generally always at 100% utilisation unless you exceed 144fps.

With locked 60fps vsync, the gpu idles waiting for vsync and this puts less heat stress on your system.

I like my Gsync monitor, but having used 4k a lot lately the smaller screen and lower resolution just lacked the crispness and visual punch I was enjoying at 4k. 1080p -> 1440p 144hz Gsync is definitely a nice upgrade. 4k -> 1440p 144hz Gsync, what you lack in sharpness/detail you make up for in motion clarity.

We're still a bit away from the ultimate display that can do 4k @ 144hz but I hate to imagine what sort of GPU you need to really drive that, I find with my 1080Ti at 4k I am close to the limit to hit 60fps, in some games I need to turn certain details down from ultra to get a locked 60fps.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Didn’t know that. Thanks.

I might* just do a full upgrade. 8700k, 1080Ti, ram and motherboard. Should I buy a new PSU because my current one is 5 years old?

Them GPU prices are nuts now thanks to bitcoin.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Nvidia is releasing Ampere in April/may, I'm expecting the 1180 to be around the 1080Ti in performance, maybe a little quicker but at much lower power draw (180w-200w). These cards will be shipping with GDDR6 and will give a nice boost in memory bandwidth. Then expect to see 1180Ti released later once yields get more acceptable.

The problem will be getting your hands on one, since miners will no doubt snap these up.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

GPU prices are ridiculous. AMD in particular is insane. Scorptec asking $1199 for a vega 56, $1699 for a vega 64!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just bought a GTX 1080Ti

Installed and ready to go. I already have a buyer for my 980Ti.

Haven’t tested it out yet, just installed drivers so far.

Edit: after some testing I’m running into bottlenecks. 3770k stock, 16ddr3 holding me back.

So I’m ordering an 8700k, motherboard , 3200mhz ddr4 ram and PSU.

Under the same settings in AC:O with everything maxed out except AA on medium, I got the same results as what I got on my 980Ti @ 1080p. 63fps on the benchmark.

On my 1440p gsync monitor I got the same result again as 1080p test of 63fps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I was getting around 93fps in game @ 1440p with all ultra/very high settings settings however my CPU and GPU were constantly pegged to 100%. Took lestat's advice and locked the framerate to 60fps, no issues and the CPU and GPU have dropped back to around 70% and 60% respectively - massive drop in heat and noise. Never thought I'd say this but I am really enjoying AC:O - sends off a Rise of the Tomb Raider vibe. Can see myself sinking a lot of time into this game and will probably grab the DLC.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It certainly is a big improvement over Unity/Syndicate. They fixed up all the issues I’ve had with the previous titles. I love combat now, - using your shield and the roll/dodge is very useful and requires strategy. And how you can scout the area with your eagle.

And it looks like everyone else is loving it because it’s selling very well and still in the charts.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

AC:O is one of my favorite games of last year, they really delivered an amazing world to explore with some decent combat/action this time. Visually its just stunning to walk around and soak up the crazy attention to detail they've put in, the rpg systems and hitbox combat kept me interested compared to older games where I hated the feel of combat.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I thought I'd never play another Assassin's Creed game again after Unity - it was the pinnacle of everything that was frustrating about the game. The year off definitely did them well.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Bought additional parts for a proper upgrade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by flipswitch on 21 Feb 2018 04:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

If you get tired of that CPU cooler, let me know - I have a Fractal Kelvin S24 AIO here I'm not using anymore, just refilled it as well. RAM prices are retarded at the moment, worse than GPUs.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I won’t be overclocking it. But who knows later on. I had 3770k for 5 years and didn’t.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

There isn't a lot of overclocking headroom in current intel cpus, you get around 10% better performance at best, 8700k will boost to 4.3~4.7ghz out of the box now, the most you can reliability hit 24/7 these days it around 5ghz and you need to raise volts/heat to do it. It's not like the old days where you could get 30-40% increases and you didn't have to deal with AVX thermal overload.

Got my 43 inch Sony yesterday, set it up and oh my it's a monster on the desk. Pretty impressed with the picture quality, viewing angles are excellent, the DPI is sharp and you can really notice the extra detail in 4k, there is no noticeable ghosting issues, no backlight bleed, input lag feels tight and as good as 60hz felt on my XB271. It's handled all RGB 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 stuff with no problem, the auto scene mode is quite smart and switches between game/graphic/hdr modes.

Pretty pleased to also see that HDR does indeed look much nicer, you get the expanded brightness range, I was comparing BF1 since it's one of the few games on PC you can switch back and forth with HDR. The HDR version had much better shadow detail with specular and bright sunlight that popped a lot more.

I'll need to post a pic, the only downside to the setup is not having the display turn off automatically once there is no video signal like conventional monitors, nvidia don't support hdmi CEC so I need to manually turn the display on/off. Small price to pay for awesomeness though. :up:

Not sure what to do with my old Xb271 gsync monitor, I'm not sure if it's worth keeping or selling, I see they still go for pretty good money second hand ($500-600), my unit has no dead pixels or back light bleed, I'm only considering keeping it because of that.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Pity I live in the boonies, I wouldn't mind another Predator.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Took some pics of the beast monitor setup. Love this thing. :up:
IMG_20180225_153838.jpg
IMG_20180225_153816.jpg
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So you said it’s IPS? That’s actually very handy as you said regarding blurring/trailing effect you get on VA panels. Plus better viewing angles and colour accuracy.

About 8-9 years ago when I bought a Samsung series 6 tv. It had a VA panel, but it wasn’t a Samsung panel ( the panel lottery was quite bad at the time) and it was made by AUO. Back then AUO were a bit behind. So it had very bad blur in motion, ghosting galore and the blacks weren’t that great.

Then I bought a Sony ex500 which had a Samsung/Sony panel ( one or the other) in 2010. For an LCD the blacks were exceptional. The ghosting was there but was nowhere as bad as my Samsung. I had it for 4 years. But the biggest issue was input lag. It was well over 30s (Leo Bodnar).

It was Watch Dogs that pushed me over the line. Input lag was too much on that TV.

I now have 2014 w700b Sony, just over 13ms latency. It has an AUO panel, but much improved and comparable to the Samsungs. Ghosting is much better. It has it but it’s not that bad.

Now that I’ve upgraded my PC I might be looking for a tv to go with it. I still have my 27inch gsync though...but playing on my TV on my new setup means nothing but 60fps, no matter what the game. And my GPU is more quiet when gaming at 1080p because my CPU is getting more use.

Congrats on your purchase anyway, lestat.

Here’s my new PC from outside. I’m not used to having LED lights on everything. Don’t understand the craze.Image