t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Never played it! Time to rectify that
It's awesome, finished it back when it released whenever that was.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Just got one of these to replace my G15

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Key ... DAS4-Brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's fucking incredible and I can't believe how I ever typed without one.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm still rocking the G710+. I think it'd need several tanks to run it over before I'd need to replace it.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:What a stupid, stupid cunt you truly are! :down:

1. There is a BIG difference between taking Bayonetta (an already developed game) and making some changes to improve the resolution and frame rate, VS. spending millions upon millions of dollars and hundreds upon hundreds of hours spanning many years to develop a Bayonetta 3 (a brand spanking new game from scratch)...as a follow up game for two previous Bayonetta games that have both been commercial flops. :roll:

2. I like how you posted the first quote (which was indeed from Blizzard) and then added the second quote (which was from some video game blogger) to try and make it seem as if both quotes were from Blizzard. :redface:

Also note that Blizzard haven't developed a single Nintendo game in 20 FUCKING YEARS...do they even have a Switch dev kit (or even want to develop for Nintendo, as they sure as hell haven't been interested in doing so for the past two decades). :?

3. The Switch has only been out for a bit over a month, and there are hardly any multiplatform games that can be used to compare how a multiplatform game performs on Switch vs XB1/PS4....BUT there are two games - and I did post the Digital Foundry comparison videos that showed that yes, the XB1/PS4 versions were graphically better in some regards (duh...XB1/PS4 hardware specs are better than Switch), but that the Switch version was also graphically better than the XB1/PS4 versions in some regards.

Go watch the Digital Foundry videos you fucking idiot! :roll:

4. Excuse me lying cunt, but where did I ever say UE4 was not available on XB1/PS4? (of course UE4 games are on XB1/PS4....and have been for many years). :?
You have him by the balls here.

Basically the majority of people who bought these amazing games were hardcore gamers who are into intense action games and see these as masterpieces that the casuals wouldn't get. Platinum can be compared with the likes of Treasure in that they try to make one really good game and with the knowledge that a sequel is unlikely because all the energy went into the initial title. It's the reverse of an Ubisoft or EA title where they plan to have updates to the same thing and tons of sequels to follow later.

PC gamers wouldn't understand. These are the guys that begged to get games like Dark Souls ported to PC but if they were told to play on console they would have ignored these games just because it had shit graphics.
Even though it is the deep mechanics that From Sfotware is known for and not the visuals. The pc guys need to understand that if people are going to just pirate games these talented guys have little incentive to make polished masterpiece games. They are only releasing the games to pc because they can milk the old titles of a bit more money. Not because they intend to make PC the default platform to develop games for. Most likely they would have to go the way of sega and make ports of all the games to every platform to make money.

But if there is ever a Bayonetta 3 and nintendo funds the game, it would be exclusive for a long time on the nintendo platform as platinum is not going to fuck their partner over. I still remmeber when Resident Evil Remake appeared on gamecube as capcom exclusive and it was a great return to a classic. Perhaps nintendo should just buy platinum? Remember games like Viewtiful Joe under clover studios? I think nintendo needs them to create edgy action titles but give them creative control over everything to show microsoft they are the nice guy. Take advantage of the fact that scalebound was dropped and start being long term partners exclusively. Let's be honest here: nintendo is never going to make games that are too violent themselves and these guys have a lot of respect in the hardcore gaming circles.
Whenever they need a God of War killer to take on Sony? They can call upon these guys to fill this gap. Sega can't afford them lol The games they are most known for these days are Yakuza and Sonic and the sonic games are not up to the level of mario. It's time for people like Candy Arse to admit they are not the same company they were in the DC days. They are so disrespectful to console gamers that they don't even bring over Phantasy Star Online 2 to the west. They death of DC really hurt them. Thank god nintendo survived all this time and we have amazing games like Zelda BOTW which sold more copies than Switch consoles LOL :lol: (people bought more than one copy heheh)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Vanquish is pretty awesome by the way, 60fps and 1440p is so beautiful in a game like this. Glad to see Sega and Platinum have come around and putting the best version of these games on the PC. I used to love consoles but I feel a little embarrassed now knowing Fuckwits like GameHED and Jasper are console apologists. They are the worst kind of stereotype of a gamer perpetuated by the media
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

I love how this cocksucker supposedly has me on ignore, but yet cannot seem to stop talking about me. :wanker:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Pathetic Jasper, stalking me in threads but forever on ignore ImageImage
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Finally. Back. Online. As of yesterday. :up:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So how's this for fucked -

I've had the PC version of Killer Instinct on here for a while, and since I really like the game decided to throw down for the Definitive Version upgrade through the Windows Store as the free version has been nothing but a great experience.

...and clearly great experiences on the fucking Windows Store aren't meant to last.

Upgrade to the Definitive Version, restart the game and....it is still the free version. It doesn't recognise that I've paid for the full upgrade so now I get the joy of going through some dumb cunt fuck cuntery process with M$/Iron Galaxy to resolve it.

Everything Microsoft touches in gaming turns to shit.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Had the same issue with Gears 4 recently and Forza. It has to do with the way the Store authenticates your user. But that sometimes gets broken during Windows Update. I tried using Powershell to re-install the Store app but no good. Got so bad I reinstalled Windows and it is now working. Moral of the story, never use the Store, worst experience ever and will never buy through it again.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I’m kind of getting sick of PC gaming due to windows 10 update. I have it disabled because it always crashes when installing first the Anniversary update, and now the creators update. Even though I have it disabled in services, the next day it will still download the same old update which takes hours, then another hour of preparing to install. It will then go through the installation process and freeze at 27%. I then have to manually restart then wait for another 20 minutes as it restores the older ver of windows.

Next day comes and the same process happens. It has to re-download everything and prepares for the update and as I mentioned takes hours. I’m always getting interrupted when gaming but stuttering then closing down what I’m playing with a window saying that it’s ready to install.

It used to fine for a year or so when it actually stayed disabled, I would have no issues with it, but not any more.

I had the same issue trying to update from windows 8.0 to 8.1. Would freeze and restore the old version of windows so I could never update to 8.1 then to windows 10 for free. I ended up buying windows 10. I have bought all the windows version from Windows XP upwards, but that’s the last time I’m buying another windows.

I’ve tried lots of things to fix it but nothing has worked.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Switch your connection in network settings to metered connection - Windows 10 will stop automatically updating because it thinks you're using a cellular connection.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

That’s only available in windows pro I believe, I just have home edition.

Too late, going to format windows and try again.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Double check, pretty sure the option is there.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

After formatting the updates are taking ages to download. I got fed up. I formatted all my drives with games on it, resetting pc again and not touching it anymore. I’m thinking of getting rid of everything. On second thought I might try it again one day.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

That sucks. I was was having issues there for a period with games constantly crashing due to driver conflicts. Only thing that completely fixed it was a fresh install of Windows 10 - not a reset but an install from a USB boot disk from the BIOS. Worked fine and nil issues since. One of the best things about Windows 10 at least is that you don't have to buy a copy of it to get the full version and if you do, places like Play Asia have copies of the Pro version for about $30AUD.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Come back to Win7 :thumbsup:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It did it again. Spent all the morning downloading updates, and now going through the installation process it freezes at 25%. I updated my drivers before to be sure. This is from a complete format. :|

Trying it again with everything unplugged except the monitor. :nana:
Froze again!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Welcome to the Master Race.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

You can manually download the update flipswitch and/or use a download manager outside of Windows Store.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Rorschach wrote:You can manually download the update flipswitch and/or use a download manager outside of Windows Store.
What do you mean? I’m using the windows upgrade assistant software.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

You can use the Windows developer site to download updates individually. Just identify the update you are struggling with, download it with a third party download program and install like a graphics driver.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:Welcome to the Master Race.
Yeah it's fucked. I'm having this major issue where my 4k monitor won't go above 60fps so I'm limited to 4k 60fps in all my games :suicide:
flipswitch
que
que

Master Race gaming thread

Post by flipswitch »

Rorschach wrote:You can use the Windows developer site to download updates individually. Just identify the update you are struggling with, download it with a third party download program and install like a graphics driver.
Well I created a bootable USB iso which I’m currently installing, and so far it has passed the 25% mark and hasn’t froze.

Scratch that, froze at 27%
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Ah, I see. Did you use Rufus to create the bootable USB? The Windows media creation tool doesn't really work, Rufus works flawlessly. My friend was having the same issues