Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by unfnknblvbl »

AgOnNy wrote:I don't really want to put much money to it now, but do any of you Ranchers think it'll be worth waiting until I do a full rebuild later or upgrade my video card now?
Get a better monitor now, then see how your rig handles the higher resolution first.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

We're at the tail end of 28nm gpu cards, this year we should see updated architectures with better power saving and the move to 20nm which will allow more shader power, also innovations like stacked ram are coming. So if you're current card is fast enough, push it and wait for gpus like maxwell.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The latest Humble Bundle has a whole stack of brilliant Sid Meier games. $15 gets you Civ 3, Civ 4, Civ 5 (all with the expansions), Railroads!, Ace Patrol, and Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies.

Fucking bargain, plus proceeds got to some kind of charity if you're into that kind of thing.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

unfnknblvbl wrote:The latest Humble Bundle has a whole stack of brilliant Sid Meier games. $15 gets you Civ 3, Civ 4, Civ 5 (all with the expansions), Railroads!, Ace Patrol, and Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies.

Fucking bargain, plus proceeds got to some kind of charity if you're into that kind of thing.
If you're getting it just for Civ 5, keep in mind that it has the expansions but NOT the DLCs. So you'll be missing some of the Civs/Scenarios/Maps.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

:lol: :lol: WTF :lol:
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah WTF TOTAL. GTA
Goat Theft Auto?
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ladder Goat, The Game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

LOL
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Playstaton may have GTA but masterrace has Goat simulator activate your whistle rings bretherin!

-------------------------------------
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Go.Operation.Antler.Test.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

MASTER RACE
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

According to SEGA

Master Racer > Console peasants.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... s-for-sega" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC, digital and Pachinko machines have been Sega's strongest performers at this point in the fiscal year, while packaged console sales have fallen to just 1.2 million units across all platforms.

Sega's packaged console and handheld sales have collapsed, falling from 2.73 million to just 1.2 million. Now, PC is the platform that yields the most packaged sales, rising from 770,000 last year to around 2.27 million this year, with Football Manager the best-selling title overall. Sega's catalogue remains its single most important contributor with 2.81 million sales - not as good as the 3.4 million catalogue sales last year, but still the highest individual market segment.

In the future, the importance of packaged retail for Sega may diminish further. This fiscal year has seen packaged and digital revenues virtually neck-and-neck, with ¥28.4 billion and ¥28.3 billion in revenue respectively. That represents a substantial difference from this time last year, when packaged revenue was ¥26.3 billion and digital was ¥20.5 billion.
Vanquish port SEGA, DO IT!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I spent 12 hours on Civ 5 yesterday... what the fuck?! I've not even finished my first game.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

:lol:
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

lestat wrote:According to SEGA

Master Racer > Console peasants.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... s-for-sega" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC, digital and Pachinko machines have been Sega's strongest performers at this point in the fiscal year, while packaged console sales have fallen to just 1.2 million units across all platforms.

Sega's packaged console and handheld sales have collapsed, falling from 2.73 million to just 1.2 million. Now, PC is the platform that yields the most packaged sales, rising from 770,000 last year to around 2.27 million this year, with Football Manager the best-selling title overall. Sega's catalogue remains its single most important contributor with 2.81 million sales - not as good as the 3.4 million catalogue sales last year, but still the highest individual market segment.

In the future, the importance of packaged retail for Sega may diminish further. This fiscal year has seen packaged and digital revenues virtually neck-and-neck, with ¥28.4 billion and ¥28.3 billion in revenue respectively. That represents a substantial difference from this time last year, when packaged revenue was ¥26.3 billion and digital was ¥20.5 billion.
Vanquish port SEGA, DO IT!
If only Sega had some faith in PSO2 and how it would do in the west. It really is one of their best games in the past several years.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Madmya wrote:I spent 12 hours on Civ 5 yesterday... what the fuck?! I've not even finished my first game.
I just fell into this trap. The best thing about Civ 4 was having an in-game clock, IMO. Dunno why they removed it from Civ 5 :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Madmya wrote:I spent 12 hours on Civ 5 yesterday... what the fuck?! I've not even finished my first game.
I just fell into this trap. The best thing about Civ 4 was having an in-game clock, IMO. Dunno why they removed it from Civ 5 :lol:
I see. This is the first time I've played any Civilization game so I had no idea. I thought I was pretty much at the end of the game 10 hours beforehand. It's pretty good but. I didn't meet the countries across the ocean until about 8 hours in, noticed England denouncing another countries, then they denounced me over nothing, so Portugal and Indonesia were all like 'man this chick's a wanker, let's go to war with her' which I happily agreed to.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

you know what I really fucking hate about Steam?

Whenever I go to play a game for the first time, it does this for a few minutes first:
steamdx.JPG
Direct X is already installed, you fucking annoying bastard!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

:up: :up: :up:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

unfnknblvbl wrote:you know what I really fucking hate about Steam?

Whenever I go to play a game for the first time, it does this for a few minutes first:
steamdx.JPG
Direct X is already installed, you fucking annoying bastard!
yeah what's with that?
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... epeatedly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

thanks for that.

in short, this is the way it is.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

D Projekt Red and Umbra Software held a presentation titled “Solving Visibility and Streaming in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Umbra 3“ at the Game Developers Conference, and it included a very interesting detail (that I happened to overlook when I first examined the original slides) as discovered by Reddit user fughp.

The slides mention the size of two of the areas included in the game: the city of Novigrad measures 8.5 x 8.5 km for a total size of 72,25 square km, while Skellige is 8 x 8 km, meaning 64 square km. Summed up, the two areas cover 136,25 square km, which convert to just north of 52 square miles.

By comparison, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim‘s world has been calculated to measure 14.8 square miles. This means that the two areas named above are already over 3.5 times larger than the whole Skyrim map.

This is actually fairly interesting since back in June CD Projekt RED described The Witcher 3 as 20% larger than Bethesda’s open world game. We currently don’t know if that was just a preliminary estimate, or the Witcher‘s world just got bigger since then.

We reached out to CD Projekt RED requesting information to shed light on the issue, and we’ll keep you updated if we receive any relevant answer. In the meanwhile one thing is for sure: the world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is pretty damn big.
:run: :run: :run:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/p ... ast-panel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;