Master Race gaming thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by Rorschach »

Jasper wrote:OMG...you're a fucking moron! :redface: History has shown that Bayonetta unfortunately is NOT a commercial success - as both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 were commercial flops. Sega putting together a quickie port of Bayonetta for PC and selling it at a bargain bin price should NOT fool you into thinking a Bayonetta 3 is a likely possibility. :wanker:
Have you even played Bayonetta on the PC? Have you seen the awesome work they've done getting the framerate and textures up to 4K? This isn't a shitty port like the PS3 version was, this was a lot of effort on Platinum Games' part, just go watch their dev logs fucktard :lol:
And get your facts straight, dickhead. PS4/XB1 games are capable of being ported to Switch - though with a very slight downgrade here and there (who the fuck would even buy a Nintendo Switch to play non-Nintendo games? - but that's besides the point.) :roll:
:lol:

Again, misquoting. Switch is underbaked/overpriced hardware from Nintendo. Again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... 7de53952dc
"I think the problem is, we've really targeted our min spec in a way that we would have to revisit performance and how to get on that platform,"
They don’t want say, low PC settings to be the “norm” for the Switch, because that isn’t how they want their game to look and run as a default. It just isn’t acceptable to them.
Even Blizzard recognises the Switch is bomba hardware :oops:
Switch is an Unreal Engine 4 compatible system after all
So are the PS4 and Xbone you fuckwit. Paragon on PS4 looks awesome - another game that won't appear on Switch because it technically can't. You throw up two games that are probably already in the bargain bin at Big W :lol:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

What a stupid, stupid cunt you truly are! :down:

1. There is a BIG difference between taking Bayonetta (an already developed game) and making some changes to improve the resolution and frame rate, VS. spending millions upon millions of dollars and hundreds upon hundreds of hours spanning many years to develop a Bayonetta 3 (a brand spanking new game from scratch)...as a follow up game for two previous Bayonetta games that have both been commercial flops. :roll:

2. I like how you posted the first quote (which was indeed from Blizzard) and then added the second quote (which was from some video game blogger) to try and make it seem as if both quotes were from Blizzard. :redface:

Also note that Blizzard haven't developed a single Nintendo game in 20 FUCKING YEARS...do they even have a Switch dev kit (or even want to develop for Nintendo, as they sure as hell haven't been interested in doing so for the past two decades). :?

3. The Switch has only been out for a bit over a month, and there are hardly any multiplatform games that can be used to compare how a multiplatform game performs on Switch vs XB1/PS4....BUT there are two games - and I did post the Digital Foundry comparison videos that showed that yes, the XB1/PS4 versions were graphically better in some regards (duh...XB1/PS4 hardware specs are better than Switch), but that the Switch version was also graphically better than the XB1/PS4 versions in some regards.

Go watch the Digital Foundry videos you fucking idiot! :roll:

4. Excuse me lying cunt, but where did I ever say UE4 was not available on XB1/PS4? (of course UE4 games are on XB1/PS4....and have been for many years). :?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

1. Bububu
2. Bububu
3. Bububu
4. Bububu

You're a coward any way. Won't even front Candy :lol:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Mavy wrote:I kinda feel like I want a gaming box under the tv.

Is an RX 480 worthwhile? I have an old core2duo system gathering dust. What would happen if I threw it in that? My main system has an i5-2500k in it but I didn't want to move it to the living room.

Master race or master mistake?
Excuse me for going off topic.

The best game that CPU could run would still be far below anything that would tax the gfx card.
I'd say you would be better off buying a cheaper card.

We now return you to your cunts and capslocks.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'm done, Jasper is a gutter troll now on the ignore list. Sorry y'all for going off topic.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Rorschach wrote:I'm done, Jasper is a gutter troll now on the ignore list. Sorry y'all for going off topic.
Bitch, you know I ain't on your ignore list! :lol:
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

F for Fake wrote:
Mavy wrote:I kinda feel like I want a gaming box under the tv.

Is an RX 480 worthwhile? I have an old core2duo system gathering dust. What would happen if I threw it in that? My main system has an i5-2500k in it but I didn't want to move it to the living room.

Master race or master mistake?
Excuse me for going off topic.

The best game that CPU could run would still be far below anything that would tax the gfx card.
I'd say you would be better off buying a cheaper card.

We now return you to your cunts and capslocks.
Thanks for the sidebar.... ;)

I probably should have separated those two questions. I want to play more recent games on it. How capabale is the rx 480?

It would be hooked up to a 4K tv. Not expecting native 4K but also unsure of how the tv would go up scaling for PC (not that I have a problem with how Xbox and PS4 looks on it). Or should I stretch more for the 1070?

Ill probably get a new i5, m/b, and ram to go with it.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Mavy wrote:I probably should have separated those two questions. I want to play more recent games on it. How capabale is the rx 480?
I run a RX 480 with an i7 6700k. It's more than capable at 1080p. Today's games are viable at 1440p but you may have to dial back some of the more taxing settings. I've tried a few older games at 4k (via VSR) and they run well.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:
You're a coward any way. Won't even front Candy :lol:
:rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I shall defer to the experts on PC gaming/hardware here for some advice. Want to upgrade my gpu. I currently have an asus gtx 980. In a couple of months will be purchasing (hopefully) a new 4K tv. My 980 just won't cut it consistently enough in 4K, but a 1080ti will. So, my question is, is it safe to just purchase a 1080ti and straight swap with my 980? Do I need to upgrade my CPU (intel 4970k)? All being well, around the same time I get my 4K tv I should get the 1080ti... thanks for the help guys!
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Overclocked 4970k should be ample to unleash a 1080ti. :up:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Overclocked 4970k should be ample to unleash a 1080ti. :up:
I tend to not over clock (in fact I've only tried once but it stays factory clocked). Would that make a difference?
Peppermint Lounge
The End

It would give you a bit more. I mentioned OC'ing because you have an unlocked CPU. It'd be the 1080ti doing the heavy lifting at 4K. A stock 4970 won't hold it back.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I want to overclock my i7 4770k but I tried once and didn't get it right. I think it's just a bit beyond me.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Ext Question- any ideas on what brand? Should I stick with Asus? Gigabyte? MSI? And best/cheapest place to buy?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

All three are great. I think ASUS have the best track record with mobos but I've own Gigabyte mobos and they were great. I currently have an MSI GPU, zero complaints, previously had Gigabyte 760 and no dramas. Also have an EVGA 980Ti FTW which is awesome. Just get whatever fits your budget.

Also, I tend to just buy everything through PC Case Gear or PLE, postage is reasonable. When ebay has a sale I tend to get good stuff from Futu Online or Shopping Express.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Speak of the devil

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/303882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Starts tomorrow.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Cool. Grabbed a 128gb micro sd card for my phone for 60 squid.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

LOL, that Ozbargain thread is full of people pointing out examples of prices being raised just before the 20% off sale.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Yeah. After I posted I went and had a look at prices and compared to msy. $5-10 cheaper in most cases than msy. Nothing special. Best deal was a 1080 $50 less than any other 1080 available elsewhere.

The first time they ran this kind of sale it was actually worthwhile.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Damn PC gaming just smashing it out the park.

Vanquish for PC available to preorder, out end of month, $5 discount if you own bayonetta.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Master Race gaming thread

Post by Rorschach »

Just purchased. Damn, Sega/Platinum is really knocking it out of the park. PC truly is the best platform for gaming at the moment.
Last edited by Rorschach on 11 May 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Never played it! Time to rectify that
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Still have the PS3 copy just in case but now the superior version is coming.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This game will benefit greatly from 60fps and above.