pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by pilonv1 »

flipswitch wrote:It was more to go with technical issues ( game crashing eg), and problems with downloading from the store.

I’m fine with everything else you mentioned. ;).
I'd bet most of them were from launch. It was horrible optimised for PC and crashed a lot. About 3 months in they fixed everything and it was fantastic. Cross play worked well too. If you buy the Windows store digital version you get it on Xbone too which is a nice bonus
flipswitch
que
que

Master Race gaming thread

Post by flipswitch »

I am downloading the demo now off the Windows store.

Might just buy Horizon 4 instead, but only when there’s positive public feedback from it

Edit:

Just had I thought, maybe the demo was released before the optimisations were made..

Update: Just found out the demo ( 21GB) doesn’t save your progress! So after a great session I went to turn it on the next day to resume where I left off, but the whole intro (unskippable) started again.

On the positive, I had no issues with performance, no freezes, etc.just ran perfect which was a relief.

I don’t know what to do, but I think I will delete it. What would have been great was your progress transferring over to the full game.

Update:

Bought and downloaded the game.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

WTF. After running the demo perfectly, I just started the full game again which I bought. After I get control of the car at the beginning, I get a blue screen error and a buzzing noise. WTF MS.

And now I have to go through that the horrible, unskipable intro again!

WHAT A FUKN JOKE! :lol:

And for the record, I think I know the whole intro section word for word!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yakuza 0 port is pretty good on PC. Great performance and quality. 4k ultra 60fps+achievable on GTX 1060 and up. :up:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Update 3:

After my PC restarted everything is currently going well just like the demo. Let’s hope it stays that way!

I will update with more as I go a long.

I progressed a few events, have a BMW something. Doing the Byron Events.

Got to my garage.
Loving Forzavista. Really great way showing off the cars. GT should have it.

The production values, menu/interface is all around brilliant. Feels slick.

Customisation is brilliant. Coming from GT, you cannot go very much

So far besides the early hiccup, very impressed with it.

Visually though and even maxed out it’s a little dull. Besides the cars, the environments and effects don’t hold up will imo.

Things like pop up is easily spotted and world detail/effects/assets don’t look that good. It is obvious it is being held back by Xbone OG. There is so much they could have done on PC. Just spoiled by DriveClub’s weather and environments.

MSAAx4 with FXAA but jaggies and shimmer still visible.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah horizon 3 doesn't have a lot of settings that make a big difference over the xbone version, it just comes down to better resolution and filtering with 60fps+. If you have a one X it's basically the PC ultra release @ 4k30fps.

Some of the DLC with snow stages looks excellent, hot wheels one is great too. Horizon 4 will be a big jump because of the full dynamic seasons and having the one X means they'll put more effort on enhancements, they're already inheriting the much improved rain/wet weather from forza 7 for instance.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I’m going to try enable MFAA in nvidia control panel since this game uses MSAA, and might get an image quality improvement.

I’ve used it in other games with success when using MSAA, but very little games nowadays use it.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/mfaa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In FH3, should I have smoothing on or off?

I left it off, thought it would increase input lag. ;)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Nvidia unveils worlds first Ray Traced GPUs with RTX tech.

https://videocardz.com/press-release/nv ... racing-gpu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Announces quatro cards using the new Turing architecture.

https://videocardz.com/77260/nvidia-ann ... racing-gpu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess the 20XX consumer cards aren't very far behind.

RTX 5000 -> 2080
RTX 6000 -> 2080ti

Just watched some of the RTX demos, they look to be around the 30fps mark, noticeable chug, scene complexity relatively simple. With that sort of performance, it's going to be several generations before this is a viable thing for games imo.

Performance is worse than 30fps, falling short of the 32ms mark. And all these demos operate in very small confined areas, I still haven't seen how this tech copes with the all to common open world we have in games today.

Good write by anandtech.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13214/nv ... chitecture" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx ... ming-king/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking at those specs and the boost clocks, this thing probably won't perform as good as a 1080Ti overclocked. 2100mhz still seems to be the rough limit on 12nm, its just a more dense version of the 16nm.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Have to give a mention to Scorptech as a place to buy gear.
I've always bought from pccasegear, but I check scorptech just to make sure I'm not getting ripped off (it's the only other place I know of that's decent). I wanted to buy a mobo and the Ryzen 5 2600 cpu (which doesn't work out of the box with older mobos), and noticed they had a message on the store page that they offer free bios updates on the mobos when purchased (so they work with the newer Ryzen CPU). I asked pccasegear if they could do that too, and they never even replied. Even sent a 2nd email and no reply, so I decided to go with scorptech. They replied promptly and set me up with an account so I could purchase it, all from just the first email, so I paid an extra 10 bux and went with them.
I also bought a monitor in a separate order. The exact same monitor on pccasegear (same price too) cost me $110 in shipping, but on scorptech it only cost $35, even though it was the exact same shipping method!
Don't know what that is about, but I'll be using scorptech from now on.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I bought my new monitor from Scorptec. They're not the cheapest but their service is good. They also have a store in South Melbourne which makes a nice change to the usual drive out to woop woop when picking up.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'll have to check out Scorptech from now on. I've always just ordered from PC Case Gear (never had an issue with them mind). I use PLE a bit and find their prices are generally pretty good with quick service.

Edit - Postage is definitely cheaper.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I used Centrecom for my system build and found they were good.

Meanwhile since going 1440p I've got an itch to upgrade my RX480. It's viable at 1440p especially for back catalogue but for some games such as Witcher 3 I'm preferring 1080p to stay at or above 60fps. Go now while I can get decent coin for the 480 or wait is the question. There's a Vega 56 I can pick up for $550 which is very reasonable given where they were priced not long ago. I can get around $300 for my 480 so it's a cheap upgrade.

Or I wait to see what the next crop of games require for max settings @ 1440p eg: Cyberpunk 2077 and buy accordingly.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I believe the next cards for AMD will be Vega shrunk down to 7nm, Vega 10/20. The time frame on that will be sometime middle next year, nvidia is about to release new consumer cards, that might cause more price falls for older Vega cards and current gen nvidia cards.

Thankfully all the cryto currency nonsense has died down, so cards are coming back down to earth in pricing.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I’ve used Scorptec for many years and bought most my hardware from there, but besides their South Melbourne store, they’re located on the other side of the city and the S Melbourne store isn’t well stocked.

On my latest build I bought all components in-store from Centrecom , who are less than 15 minutes away.

I got good service, plus they reduced the price of all components I bought on request. Eg: 8700k 470$ in February.

They even made sure that the power supply I was buying would fit in my case.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Scorptec just opened a store in Sydney too, very happy to use them since I don't have to pay the shipping PCCG charges or trek out to MSY
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I wasn't aware they had a Sydney store now, good to know if I plan on ordering something large like a monitor, I can just drive there to return it if there is an issue.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

lestat wrote:I believe the next cards for AMD will be Vega shrunk down to 7nm, Vega 10/20. The time frame on that will be sometime middle next year, nvidia is about to release new consumer cards, that might cause more price falls for older Vega cards and current gen nvidia cards.

Thankfully all the cryto currency nonsense has died down, so cards are coming back down to earth in pricing.
Yeah have chilled on the upgrade for now. I have a tonne of stuff to play that 480 will run comfortably at 1440p. While playing Doom last night my partner looked over my shoulder and asked why on earth I'm talking about upgrading. Hard to argue. Will hold off til the next crop of vega cards. :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

https://wccftech.com/rumor-nvidia-launc ... ddr6-vram/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rumors swirling that nvidia will not just launch the 2080, but the big daddy 2080ti as well in a few days.

Intel plans to throw their hat into the discrete gpu market.

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-tease ... oming-2020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to be interesting over the next few years.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So 4K maxed out and above 60fps could become possible?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

lestat wrote:I wasn't aware they had a Sydney store now, good to know if I plan on ordering something large like a monitor, I can just drive there to return it if there is an issue.
Yeah at Macquarie Park just off the M2. Much prefer to drive there than out to Auburn
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Well looks like a 2080ti is happening next Monday.

Several leaks now confirming.

https://videocardz.com/77369/nvidia-gef ... cuda-cores" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-geforce ... e-pictured" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://videocardz.com/newz/palit-gefor ... s-unveiled" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take my money NVIDIA. :up:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

$1500 then?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Going to wait for the Ray Tracing demo to become reality before shelling out for a new GPU. That and a new monitor.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.