XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by lestat »

Rorschach wrote:GPU upgrade would fix that straight away, a 1070 would do it, but you'd still need to identify the hardware issue. That said, you've already got the Xbone X
Well that's the thing, 970 is looking pretty tired these days, the next jump for him would be a 1070/1080 and they still go for around $700-800, the X is better value.

The 2500k is still pretty good for targeting 60fps if you overclock it(4.5gz+), but I find even a GTX1080 struggles a bit in 4k, you need to lower a few settings to get stable framerates targeting 60fps. Just depends on the game.

1440p is still a sweet spot for maxing out details and getting locked 60fps+ on PC I find.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

1070 cards can be had for as low as $580 but that’s moot. The Xbone X is alright value, the lack of exclusives, gimped CPU and pay to play online are all against it though. The Xbone X only becomes value proposition if you must game in 4K and are satisfied with 30fps.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/artic ... i-bd-30009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The first BFGDs, coming later this year from ACER, ASUS and HP, are 65 inches, run at 4K at 120Hz, have G-SYNC technology, HDR with 1000 nit peak brightness, and an integrated NVIDIA SHIELD, giving you instant access to Netflix, Amazon Video and YouTube at 4K, NVIDIA GameStream, Android games and apps, and much more.

To achieve this we’ve been working for over two years with leading panel producer AU Optronics to create and perfect 4K and 3440x1440 G-SYNC HDR displays with lightning-fast response times, PC-optimized HDR with 1000 nit peak brightness, full array backlights, Quantum Dot Enhancement Films, and DCI-P3 cinema-quality color gamuts (learn more about NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR here). And now, for BFGDs, we’ve created a 65” 4K 120Hz G-SYNC HDR panel with all of those features, and a full array direct backlight for the absolute best big-screen PC gaming experience.
Interesting, this is the first large screen panel with support Variable Refresh Rates, AU optronics is making the panel, guessing it's an IPS display like the smaller 27 inch models. Expecting it to be expensive and being locked into proprietary Gsync is a bit of bummer.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Rorschach wrote:1070 cards can be had for as low as $580 but that’s moot. The Xbone X is alright value, the lack of exclusives, gimped CPU and pay to play online are all against it though. The Xbone X only becomes value proposition if you must game in 4K and are satisfied with 30fps.
The number of free games you get with GwG, I don't really hold paying for online against it, especially when it's a cheater free environment. But yes if 60fps is your goal, 1440p and a 1080 is your best bet, 4k60 is really for a 1080Ti. The 256bit bus on 1070/1080 cards becomes a bottleneck at 4k I find.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

lestat wrote:https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/artic ... i-bd-30009
The first BFGDs, coming later this year from ACER, ASUS and HP, are 65 inches, run at 4K at 120Hz, have G-SYNC technology, HDR with 1000 nit peak brightness, and an integrated NVIDIA SHIELD, giving you instant access to Netflix, Amazon Video and YouTube at 4K, NVIDIA GameStream, Android games and apps, and much more.

To achieve this we’ve been working for over two years with leading panel producer AU Optronics to create and perfect 4K and 3440x1440 G-SYNC HDR displays with lightning-fast response times, PC-optimized HDR with 1000 nit peak brightness, full array backlights, Quantum Dot Enhancement Films, and DCI-P3 cinema-quality color gamuts (learn more about NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR here). And now, for BFGDs, we’ve created a 65” 4K 120Hz G-SYNC HDR panel with all of those features, and a full array direct backlight for the absolute best big-screen PC gaming experience.
Interesting, this is the first large screen panel with support Variable Refresh Rates, AU optronics is making the panel, guessing it's an IPS display like the smaller 27 inch models. Expecting it to be expensive and being locked into proprietary Gsync is a bit of bummer.

You’d hope it to be an IPS for the price they’re asking, but it’s strange how they didn’t mention it in the description.

A quantum dot TN panel? :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

HDR on ips panels is pretty bad, they lack the native contrast to prevent excessive blooming and washing out the picture when the backlight gets pushed.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So.....I'm gonna buy one.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I would love one in a 40-42 inch size, usable on a desk and it felt monstrous the one I had at work, plus the dpi for 4k was perfect for text/workspace.
linus just confirmed it's VA and local dimming isn't all that great. no comment on price.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

https://videocardz.com/74685/amd-zen-12 ... h-in-april" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will be interesting to see how Zen+ goes, thinking about upgrading the htpc, would like something with plenty of cores and good power/performance for the htpc.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

lestat wrote:https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/artic ... i-bd-30009

This is pretty exciting - hopefully we hit a stage where variable refresh rate tech is standardized across the industry, is on consoles and the displays get nice and cheap. I had my first G-Sync experience the other day and it was amazing.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

MS starting to take HDR on PC a little more seriously. The dim desktop issues will be no more!

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... -17040-pc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What’s new in Build 17040
Settings Improvements
Adjust the brightness of SDR content on your HDR display: Starting with Build 17040, Windows now lets you adjust how bright SDR content appears when running in HDR mode on the desktop. On an HDR capable system, you will see a slider in the “HDR and advanced color settings” page under Settings > System > Display. This is one of the improvements to HDR image quality that we have planned based on feedback from Insiders.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

It never fails to impress me how much a SSD makes in performance.

I've been using the HTPC (2500k/gtx1080) for gaming/movies a lot and I've had an old samsung 500gb/7200rpm hdd in there that I was just too lazy to replace, it was just unbearably slow at times so I grabbed a samsung 850 evo 250gb last week. Massive difference in system response, bootup and resume from sleep.

I have another laptop with a hdd in with win10, that feels slow at times, it feels like win10 is just being further designed around SSDs, I notice a lot of random reads which HDDs are just terrible at.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

"FCC" (aka "Fat Cunt Candy") just did it again, and decided to randomly post the wall of text/gif/jpg for no fucking reason whatsoever in the other thread (as screen captured below) even when admin have repeatedly told him to stop doing it. :down:

So here we go with a copy and paste of his shit directly into HIS precious thread... :up:
t0mby wrote:
lestat wrote: Here she is.

It doesn't get any better than this. :up:
How did I miss this? :?

You are a DISGUSTING man!!! :down: :down: :down:

Selfishly spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on gadgets/consoles/games all for your grown-arse greedy self - whilst intentionally robbing your young children of the magic of playing a child-friendly game as mind-blowing & joyous as Super Mario Odyssey? :cry:

Are your kids still on an internet/social media ban, as to ensure they don't know the existence of Nintendo Switch/Legend of Zelda: BOTW/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Splatoon 2/Super Mario Odyssey? :?

Any FATHER WITH A PASSION FOR GAMING purposely inflicting harm against their child by robbing them of the "Nintendo Magic" (as demonstrated below) deserves to be reported to the Department of Family and Community Services. :down:

There so fucking better be a Nintendo Switch Super Mario Odyssey bundle under your Christmas tree next month (and I want you to post photographic evidence!!!). Otherwise expect a knock on your door by a DOCS case worker sometime in January! 8)

ImageImage

So in this post Jasper is making a threat against lestat and his children.
Jasper wrote:
lestat wrote:I'm not anglo

:keke:
Previously Jasper has also thrown racist insults at Tsudo Kunoda's Japanese heritage.

Jasper, why are you cyber-bullying people?[/quote]
flipswitch wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Vince wrote:What this fucking amateur doesn't understand, and the reason this whole sequel thing started in the 1st place is because Nintendo (not Microsoft or Sony) as a publisher release the same fucking sequels every new generation. They have released a Mario game every gen. A Zelda. Minus n64- Metroid. Minus NES- Mario kart. So guess what Nintendo does when the chips are down for the Wii u??? Not announce a tonne of new, exciting 3rd party games. No! They announce a remake of wind wanker. A new Mario kart. A new 3d Mario. A new Zelda. A new smash bros. like they did for Wii. Like they did for the cube. Like they did for the Nintendo 64. I mean fine, give me sequels but really, you're down and out but let's go for Mario YET AGAIN.
And who cares if 2d and 3d Mario are different. It's still Mario! It's just another excuse now to milk more Mario games out. Great idea Nintendo.
Yes I'm hanging to see another Uncharted cause I enjoyed them. The stories were great and they had a continuous storyline for all 3 games. How will Mario kart/Mario/smash bros/Zelda be any different? But I guess if Nintendo do it it's ok! Fucking moron. Someone remind me why this fuck nut is allowed to spew crap everywhere... I've tried to keep silent and not post on his posts but damn he bugs the hell out of me.
Who would have thunk it? Nintendo releasing Nintendo games for a Nintendo system. :roll:

Your logic is so ridiculous! Microsoft & Sony would DIE!!! to have the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart etc..franchises. They would pay BILLIONS (well, if Sony had any money) to get their grubby hands on it, and on the other hand, you're the idiot who wants Nintendo to just dump their key franchises (franchises that have sold 100's of millions of copies, and blossomed more innovation than any other videogame franchises).

You bitched about a new Pikmin even though there hasn't been a new Pikmin in 9 years.

You bitched about a new Smash Bros. even though there hadn't been a new Smash Bros. in 5 years.

And here you are cumming all over yourself over a fifth Uncharted game in under 6 years. Complete and utter hypocrite! :redface:

Currently Retro Studios are hard at work on a brand new IP 3+ years in the making for Wii U, and Monolith Soft are working on an epic new IP also for Wii U. 3 brand new Nintendo developed IP's are also in the works for 3DS.

Even a brand new Yoshi platformer (there hasn't been a Yoshi platformer on a home console in 16 years) is in development. Is it so hard to believe that a brand new HD Yoshi platformer being developed by the genius behind Yoshi's Island, may in fact turn out incredible?

Like I said previously, if Nintendo listened to your shitty advice, there wouldn't be the likes of Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, New Super Mario Bros U etc...

No Super Mario Bros. 3 !?!?

No Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time !?!?

No Super Mario Galaxy !?!?.....

This is how you would like it?...OMG...go kill yourself! :down:
Jasper wrote:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Animal Crossing: New Leaf etc...are all being released in Australia within the next 2-3 months.

Seriously, if you don't own a 3DS....kill yourself! :redface:

Burnzoire wrote:We didn't grow up with Commander Shepherd, Dom, or Drake. Fucking Zelda and Mario have been around for over 25 years and they're still releasing the same thing over and over again.
Though you did grow up with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid etc...and you fuckers still cream your pants over new versions of those games.

You guys even still let Sega prick tease you at the idea of a new Sonic every year or so, which eventually turns out to be a piece of junk.

I don't care if Vince wants a new Uncharted, but she has some nerve to attack Nintendo for doing something that Microsoft, Sony and third party developers are also doing, if not worse. Vince is wrong, and she knows she is!
Jasper wrote:So iv'e put in about 12 hours into Zelda: BotW....just finished up my very first dungeon! :up:

I cannot put into words just how fucking enormous this game is. Eiji Aonuma wasn't lying when he said everything in the game is fully interactive (objects, animals, people, etc), and that anywhere you see in the game (even in the very far distant)...you can climb over to/fly over to/swim over to/ride over to/using your shield to surfboard over to, etc.

And the visuals and music are soooooooo phenomenal. The reviewers are correct, BotW truly is the best Zelda ever made and the best video game in history. :)

Seriously, if you call yourself a "gamer", and don't play this game, bahahaha....]you may as well go kill yourself(you have no idea what the fuck you are missing out on). :lol:

Oh, and video reviews are up...
Jasper wrote:What's "stupid" is a JUDAS of the gaming industry like yourself, even having the audacity to post on a gaming message-board. :down:

Do you think everyone here has forgotten that you were basically the only one that was adamantly fighting in favour of Microsoft's Xbox One DRM strategy? :roll:

Whilst your sisterhood of xbots were up in arms and actually doing something about Microsoft's attempt to strip gamers of their consumer rights, YOU were posting comment after comment DEFENDING Microsoft's DRM strategy. :redface:

Search your history of posts, gutter stench pussy lips! There is post after post of you defending Microsoft's DRM strategy in which you comment that Microsoft were left with no other alternative, and you even spouted garbage about how used games should not be compared to other used goods (like cars, bags etc) in which manufacturers have no further rights over sold goods, and that game developers deserve a cut of used game sales. :lol:

What a vile Microsoft cum pig you are, siding with the multi-billion dollar conglomerate attempting to destroy game ownership! :down:

YET ON THE OTHER HAND....

Here you are in this thread POST AFTER POST advocating for gamers to buy an emulator, and to then COMMIT A CRIME and ILLEGALLY download and STEAL ROMS. Software piracy is a CRIMINAL act, hence making you GutterCUNT - no different to a child molester, or murderer, or sex offender. :shock:

So in conclusion...you advocate for Microsoft to strip gamers of their consumer rights, but you also advocate for gamers to commit a crime and steal from Nintendo. :?

What a fucking mess you are. Go kill yourself! :suicide:

Jasper advising ranch members to kill themselves .
flipswitch wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Vince wrote:What this fucking amateur doesn't understand, and the reason this whole sequel thing started in the 1st place is because Nintendo (not Microsoft or Sony) as a publisher release the same fucking sequels every new generation. They have released a Mario game every gen. A Zelda. Minus n64- Metroid. Minus NES- Mario kart. So guess what Nintendo does when the chips are down for the Wii u??? Not announce a tonne of new, exciting 3rd party games. No! They announce a remake of wind wanker. A new Mario kart. A new 3d Mario. A new Zelda. A new smash bros. like they did for Wii. Like they did for the cube. Like they did for the Nintendo 64. I mean fine, give me sequels but really, you're down and out but let's go for Mario YET AGAIN.
And who cares if 2d and 3d Mario are different. It's still Mario! It's just another excuse now to milk more Mario games out. Great idea Nintendo.
Yes I'm hanging to see another Uncharted cause I enjoyed them. The stories were great and they had a continuous storyline for all 3 games. How will Mario kart/Mario/smash bros/Zelda be any different? But I guess if Nintendo do it it's ok! Fucking moron. Someone remind me why this fuck nut is allowed to spew crap everywhere... I've tried to keep silent and not post on his posts but damn he bugs the hell out of me.
Who would have thunk it? Nintendo releasing Nintendo games for a Nintendo system. :roll:

Your logic is so ridiculous! Microsoft & Sony would DIE!!! to have the Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart etc..franchises. They would pay BILLIONS (well, if Sony had any money) to get their grubby hands on it, and on the other hand, you're the idiot who wants Nintendo to just dump their key franchises (franchises that have sold 100's of millions of copies, and blossomed more innovation than any other videogame franchises).

You bitched about a new Pikmin even though there hasn't been a new Pikmin in 9 years.

You bitched about a new Smash Bros. even though there hadn't been a new Smash Bros. in 5 years.

And here you are cumming all over yourself over a fifth Uncharted game in under 6 years. Complete and utter hypocrite! :redface:

Currently Retro Studios are hard at work on a brand new IP 3+ years in the making for Wii U, and Monolith Soft are working on an epic new IP also for Wii U. 3 brand new Nintendo developed IP's are also in the works for 3DS.

Even a brand new Yoshi platformer (there hasn't been a Yoshi platformer on a home console in 16 years) is in development. Is it so hard to believe that a brand new HD Yoshi platformer being developed by the genius behind Yoshi's Island, may in fact turn out incredible?

Like I said previously, if Nintendo listened to your shitty advice, there wouldn't be the likes of Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, New Super Mario Bros U etc...

No Super Mario Bros. 3 !?!?

No Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time !?!?

No Super Mario Galaxy !?!?.....

This is how you would like it?...OMG...go kill yourself! :down:
Jasper wrote:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Animal Crossing: New Leaf etc...are all being released in Australia within the next 2-3 months.

Seriously, if you don't own a 3DS....kill yourself! :redface:

Burnzoire wrote:We didn't grow up with Commander Shepherd, Dom, or Drake. Fucking Zelda and Mario have been around for over 25 years and they're still releasing the same thing over and over again.
Though you did grow up with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid etc...and you fuckers still cream your pants over new versions of those games.

You guys even still let Sega prick tease you at the idea of a new Sonic every year or so, which eventually turns out to be a piece of junk.

I don't care if Vince wants a new Uncharted, but she has some nerve to attack Nintendo for doing something that Microsoft, Sony and third party developers are also doing, if not worse. Vince is wrong, and she knows she is!
Jasper wrote:So iv'e put in about 12 hours into Zelda: BotW....just finished up my very first dungeon! :up:

I cannot put into words just how fucking enormous this game is. Eiji Aonuma wasn't lying when he said everything in the game is fully interactive (objects, animals, people, etc), and that anywhere you see in the game (even in the very far distant)...you can climb over to/fly over to/swim over to/ride over to/using your shield to surfboard over to, etc.

And the visuals and music are soooooooo phenomenal. The reviewers are correct, BotW truly is the best Zelda ever made and the best video game in history. :)

Seriously, if you call yourself a "gamer", and don't play this game, bahahaha....]you may as well go kill yourself(you have no idea what the fuck you are missing out on). :lol:

Oh, and video reviews are up...
Jasper wrote:What's "stupid" is a JUDAS of the gaming industry like yourself, even having the audacity to post on a gaming message-board. :down:

Do you think everyone here has forgotten that you were basically the only one that was adamantly fighting in favour of Microsoft's Xbox One DRM strategy? :roll:

Whilst your sisterhood of xbots were up in arms and actually doing something about Microsoft's attempt to strip gamers of their consumer rights, YOU were posting comment after comment DEFENDING Microsoft's DRM strategy. :redface:

Search your history of posts, gutter stench pussy lips! There is post after post of you defending Microsoft's DRM strategy in which you comment that Microsoft were left with no other alternative, and you even spouted garbage about how used games should not be compared to other used goods (like cars, bags etc) in which manufacturers have no further rights over sold goods, and that game developers deserve a cut of used game sales. :lol:

What a vile Microsoft cum pig you are, siding with the multi-billion dollar conglomerate attempting to destroy game ownership! :down:

YET ON THE OTHER HAND....

Here you are in this thread POST AFTER POST advocating for gamers to buy an emulator, and to then COMMIT A CRIME and ILLEGALLY download and STEAL ROMS. Software piracy is a CRIMINAL act, hence making you GutterCUNT - no different to a child molester, or murderer, or sex offender. :shock:

So in conclusion...you advocate for Microsoft to strip gamers of their consumer rights, but you also advocate for gamers to commit a crime and steal from Nintendo. :?

What a fucking mess you are. Go kill yourself! :suicide:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

A PC I built out of gifted parts has been chugging along finely until the mechanical drive in it suddenly died. It was second hand so not too surprised and only had a few games on there. Wondering which way to go next. Buy another mechanical drive or start moving towards SSD only.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I now have three HDDs. One SSD for Windows and things that boot at start up, and two regular HDDs ... One dedicated to Steam, the other for everything else.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

If the drive hosts windows, I would go a SSD, I don't know, lately I've noticed windows 10 seems to hit the hdd much harder than before, mechanical drives seem to really struggle with all the updates/scanning and background windows tasks, random reads/writes galore.

For games, mechanical is still good enough and with most releases now 50-100gb, you really need the space a mechanical offers.

As Ambrose said, good to keep windows and your games on separate drives.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I've got Windows and specific games on the SSD (Total Wars which usually have huge load times and fighting games because I play so often).

Everything else I have on big fat mechanical drives.

Once you have Windows on SSD there's absolutely no going back!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yeah, all my builds have SSDs for the OS. My work PC is strictly SSD though. Not a huge difference that I can tell to games but load times are definitely quicker. I'm just going to get a new WD Black 2TB to put in my main build and take the Seagate out and put it in the other one. That way I don't have to re-download a shit load of games.

Edit - Just to be sure it's not a cable fault going to order an external docking station to test the HDD. At the very least it will make transferring data a little easier between drives
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

After being on an SSD for so long nothing quite shocks you like booting up an old relic on a mechanical HDD.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I certainly don't miss those 2 minute boot times
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

On second thoughts not going to bother at the moment. Will pick up a new HGST 4TB later in the year. The TV PC has a 500gig SSD in it which is basically empty. I don't need to have 200 games installed on it. Steam streaming is pretty effective for the library off the main rig and the other games like Overwatch and Destiny aren't huge installs.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Jasper no doubt spamming his wall of text again. Good thing to have him on ignore :up:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Bububu. Poor meaningless Jasper Image Image
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Has anyone noticed that in Jasper's wall of text that he repeatedly cyber-bullies Ranch members, telling them to kill themselves?

Unacceptable.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Keeps calling me a horrible parent. :cry:

I love my kids more than anything. If only his inverted penis could pump out kids so he'd understand it all. :?