Batman : Arkham Knight

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Re: Batman : Arkham Knight

Post by mech »

lestat wrote:Unreal engine 3, so it will run like shit on next gen consoles.
lestat wrote:Looks to have a pretty rock solid framerate on PS4.
I expect the PC version to run 60+ frames easy.
Lestat on the money as usual. The guy just really knows the game industry.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Exception is the rule. :rolleyes:

Warner bros release a broken game because they know consumers and the industry.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

mech wrote:
lestat wrote:Unreal engine 3, so it will run like shit on next gen consoles.
lestat wrote:Looks to have a pretty rock solid framerate on PS4.
I expect the PC version to run 60+ frames easy.
Lestat on the money as usual. The guy just really knows the game industry.
I dread the day he gets it wrong as I buy all my games and consoles based on his insight.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

:roll:
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Superior version is ps4 (higher res means means more easy to see small detail at range):
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... t-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the patched bone version beats unpatched ps4 version though..

I heard they stopped selling pc version because of complaints. PC gamers you need to return it to send a message that this is unacceptable. Otherwise they will abuse you. Think of all the wasted time and bandwidth of downloading it. Even with full refund you lost some money from just downloading it.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

What happens when consoles are made lead development platform
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support ... 00#U581700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First patch out already.
While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include:

- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game

- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further

- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client

- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

We would like to thank our fans for their patience and invaluable feedback. We will continue to monitor and listen for any additional issues.
Future plans
Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu

- Fix for low resolution texture bug

- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches

- Add more options to the graphics settings menu

- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches

- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop

- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage

- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes

- Enabling AMD Crossfire

- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Haha what a clusterfuck! Master race huh? ;)
The PC's dire situation may cast a shadow over its launch, but the fact remains that Arkham Knight is an exceptional release on console. It also says a lot about Rocksteady's assessments of PS4 and Xbox One when designing the game, having laid out the game's blueprint well before truly knowing either console's specs. In the end, it's a superb release whether you go with Microsoft or Sony's hardware - though the preference is with the clarity of PS4's 1080p output. Weighing in its slightly smoother performance overall on gliding through Gotham's streets, and it's fair to say this is the technical champ of the two.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

One of my boys picked up the Xbone version today. I played it tonight for a while just to check it out and get a feel for it. Got up to the part
Spoiler!
where you drive the BatMobile over the roofs of the buildings - good grief!
Not my thing at all.

I was very impressed by the solid frame rate. So smooth with so much detail and so much going on. It was fun just hooning around town in the BatMobile.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I decided to turn on my ps4 to play it. Looks good. Is this really the last batman game?

I think they could do a game based on the question next.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

If this was about the PS4 lestat would've posted this by now.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... ago-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

That much is obvious t0mby, we've already raged about it enough.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Just enjoy how bad it really is through the eyes of the great Jim Sterling, son.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Was bored so I picked up a copy of this cheap from g2play. Seems to run ok on my box, the game isn't gpu limited at all unless you use the NVidia gameworks options.

The problems are stuttering while entering new areas, once the area is loaded it's locked 60fps with the gpu util around 50% @ 1300mhz, my gpu doesn't even need to boost to its top speed bin of 1550.

They just need to fix up the streaming issues, you can run it locked 30fps using nvidias half vsync option, using the ingame one doesn't produce the same console smoothness.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Try running it at 720p, apparently it runs primo!

PC ftw! :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

once the area is loaded it's locked 60fps with the gpu util around 50% @ 1300mhz, my gpu doesn't even need to boost to its top speed bin of 1550.
Apparently you know nothing about GPUs. :lol:

Eurogamer posted a video using the NVidia half vsync option.
960 runs it better at 30fps than PS4, Since I have gpu grunt to spare, I can just run it at 1440+ and downsample for better AA.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Cletus wrote:Just enjoy how bad it really is through the eyes of the great Jim Sterling, son.
He should have reviewed the ps4 version because most people will buy that one. Not because it's superior. Consoles are usually the target platform for these types of games. Honestly who plays beat em ups with mice and keyboards??

No we won't fuck off. We are the viewers if we fuck off he wouldn't be able to tell us to fuck off because we fucked off for listening to his advice to fuck off and then he would have no one to tell to fuck off. (face it pc gamers don't exist. it's just graphics card company executives using fake accounts to make it look like there is an army of angry pc gamers. They are a tiny minority in the game sphere similar to wii u owners)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

fuck off
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

LOL!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-kn ... to-source/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Batman: Arkham Knight won't be finished this season, according to source
In the email acquired by Kotaku Australia, it's indicated that the necessary updates aren't expected to roll out until the Australian spring, or fall in the Northern Hemisphere.

Still months off fixing. I wonder if EB will accept PC refunds?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's all a conspiracy by MS and Sony to get you to buy console kiddies version. They might have paid moneyhat to ensure console version isn't too bad next to more powerful pcs as a stunt to make consoles appear more powerful than they are. (ie by encouraging coders to make crap code for pc which also benefits card manufacturers who need you to upgrade more often to survive)

The pc master racers should understand that if the pc version is hugely superior to console, it will kill profits of platform manufacturers. Why own console if most western games run better for pc? This tactic of stunting pc helps profits for them. MS is scared of steam pc. Sony doesn't want you to escape to open platforms like pc where piracy is far easier.

You guys are naive. Third parties are loyal to whover the highest bidder is.

When I tell pat about chem trails he doesn't believe me despite geo engineering companies that use weather changing tech to profit.

When I tell Candy about lizards he thinks it isn't real despite ufo sightings all over earth.

When I inform Cletus about Gangstalking being real he laughs despite actual government documents showing that police and hired civilians can now harass, kidnap, torture innocent people who are not terrorists or criminals. (incidentally that is why I am worried about guys like cyberfunk giving veiled death threats online because the feds can now retain online meta data now. He's going to get swatted one day by these lizard thugs so they can make money through the prison industrial complex if he does that shit)
wake the fuck up. You are getting played. I want to smack you guys in the face to wake you up but it's too late you already preordered and gave money for incomplete product. And they are laughing at you because you are letting them get away with abuse. It must be stockholm syndrome. No matter what I say you will come to the defense of the abuser. You are like some drug addicted hookers begging them to let you suck thier cocks, but rather than them paying for it you are paying them your money for the service when it should be them paying YOU. (yes I believe companies should pay us because we are thier bug testers these days. Apart from the ever-reliable nintendo who polishes games to perfection - very rare these days now that standards have been lowered)

If you guys don't want to fight for freedom that's fine. But don't complain about being abused and having money taken when you act like doormats and then ignore your suffering if it happens to be me pointing out injustice.

NWO is here to stay!

http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/03/18/you ... and-why-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;’s-bad/
http://www.crikey.com.au/2015/03/25/how ... ity-elite/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the reptilians will never give up trying to control you and trick you. It's in thier nature to enslave humanity as David Icke warned. And you are FEEDING that evil behavior because it requires your money to fund the abuse. From now on pay them after its finished. Have the money ready but don't preorder. Listen to totalbiscuit's advice.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

A simple "Yes" to Flips question would suffice.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

EBgames has refund policy that last for 7 days if you do't like the game. I think its 14 days if you have those loylaty cards which let them track everything you purchase and spy on you.

But seriously tomby nobody listens to the changing of our society from smart humans to zombified consumers who hate freedom?

When I heard about the Swatting fad on youtube I was horrified at what power a bunch of nerdy angry guys like Cyberfunk can do to people they don't like by spreading false rumours and having actual armed thugs raid your house without any real investigation or intelligence gathering first.
This is why I hate online gaming and think it's not better than couch multi. Too many dangerous people in this world. I laugh at you idiots that still play street fighter online with lag when you can play it o a bus on 3DS with people who you can punch in the face if they try anything stupid.

Give me 1 witcher 3 or 1 elder scrolls or 1 fallout with beefy single player story and open world over 10 elder scrolls onlines.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I know they have a refund policy, but that doesn't include PC games. Just checking on their website and there's no Batman PC.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED can you confirm if you're giving PC refunds for this game at your store?