Elite Dangerous

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Elite Dangerous

Post by Cletus »

GameHED wrote:It would be good if Volition came back to the space sim genre and gave us Saints Row in space and beat rockstar to it. You would be Johhny Gat clone and command 3D printed sex robots to fight aliens. The space fighters would transform into robots so you could land on the planets and destroy cities on the ground level. It would feature the ship in saints row 3 and you could recruit aliens to your human gang. The game would be light in tone sort of like cowboy bebop anime and castle of cagliostro. Make my game.
Actually a believable plot outline for this franchise. Stop doing their work for them.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

:rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Soo...Elite Dangerous is now on Gamepass. Catch of the Day have the Thrustmaster Hotas One on sale (...I think it's about $140 as opposed to the normal retail of about $169) While the Hotas One doesn't have as many features as say my Saitek X55, it's still a good buy because it can work on both Xbox and PC, so if you wanted to spring for a Hotas but didn't want to go all out, this is a pretty good choice. It'll work for the few flight games on Xbox as well as the plethora of Sims for the PC.
I bought the Hotas One a few weeks ago because I wanted to play Elite on my Series X rather than the pc...If any of you decide to jump back in, lemme know. I've started afresh rather than transferring my worth from PC to the Xbox. That way I can play either.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Interesting, didn't k ow about the hotas for Xbox. I did the training on Elite a few weeks ago then put it down as it just didn't feel as good. Been 6 years since I sold my Hotas for the PC and stopped playing E:D.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I have that HOTAS One thing, and I've found something interesting - I also have a Thrustmaster wheel, and it turns out you can plug the pedals from that into the Hotas and get a couple of extra axes. :thumbsup:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Well, for a kind of pretty basic hotas, I'm finding it adequate for ED on console. Sure it's not up there with a pc hotas (and it pisses me off that I can't use my X55 on the console) but it's certainly better than using a pad. What extra axes do you mean? Oh wait, do you mean the pedals act as yaw?