No Man's Sky PS4 Space Exploration Game. New info Pg 2

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: No Man's Sky PS4 Space Exploration Game. New info Pg 2

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:If you haven't experienced it you haven't missed it. I'm quite happy with my games performance on consoles otherwise but thanks for constantly reminding the world I'm suicidal about it. :lol:
:backpedal:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Not everyone is having a good time on the PC version:
it's due to the mysterious hum that intefere with electical equipement.
It's the same reason ghostbusters movie sucks as they don't want the public prepared. There will be an increase in demonic activity in the future and people will start to go insane.

Some people can't stand it. If anyone hears this rythymic noise you need to pray against it as they can travel though electric wires and inside machines. (like those electric beings in the old transformers cartoon. Kremzeek. This was before Yokai Watch cartoon craze started.
the lil shit even took down Omega Supreme:
the brain is like a big wire so they can get you as well.
I expect tomby to investigate this one. Might be what made the ps4 version slower.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Finally the reviews are starting to pick up.

Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

seems legit
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Another No Man's Sky type game is coming called Worlds Adrift:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... play-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Basic gameplay of Minecraft, Sea of Thieves and NMS using flying airships.
The next elder scrolls game needs base building like suikoden and ship travel like Zelda WW imo. They've been avoiding it for ages. If they don't clone these ideas by putting procedural generated areas they are going to be left behind by the likes of dragon age and all these other cheap titles.

I have always longed for the big dungeons of Daggerfall. They could bring that stuff back by introducing "out of map" areas that represent the chaotic portion of the world that doesn't have to make sense because you've entered another dimension and it's kinda like the dungeons and dragons cartoon where you'll never escape it unless you go back how you came in or find the guy that can get you back to your world through magic. (those kids never really escaped the fantasy land if I remember from the toon) It would make great post game content to test your gear's abilities. (ie much tougher enemies, focus on resource management and survival sim, environments become extremely tough to survive so movement is restricted based on what you can take so exploiting resting places and building a house to come home to are crucial etc) Dungeons don't have to look "realistic", but be more like simple mazes like older dungeon crawling games. Getting lost is a real possibility unless you map it yourself like crazy. And unlike the base game it really feels scary and dark. You don't find NPCs to chat to around every corner. It's the dark souls portion of the game where you are by yourself the whole time and nobody can help you since it procedurally created and mostly about skill not memorisation of layouts.

Also add in the job system from Fantasy Life inside this alternate dimension once you build your town in there and attract people. (they provide services, and you can take up a job when not questing to earn money and do a trade as part of the life sim in the procedural realm)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Game loop is boring as all hell. Refund requested, back to Witcher 3!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

francis is right:
not being able to see your buddy if you try to meet each other is a deal breaker to a lot of people.

You are up against minecraft, terraria and spacebound. Why did they remove that option? Sharing information and helping the other guy by pooling resources would have added another dimension to the gameplay. Eg when pirates try to attack, you can fight and maybe one guy dies attempting it but the pirates are half damaged now, so the other player has a fighting chance to beating them and taking the loot, and the two guys become buddies.
Missed opportunity imo.

They need to introduce animals that actually fight each other too. For example there is a fight between demon dog and a giant dinosaur with eyes on its bum and the two fight, but out of nowhere a sandmonster (like that monster in star wars) hiding in the floor gobbles both of them up. If you kill the apex predator you get the rarest shit in the game but you need to use bait for it to emerge from hiding first. Maybe it's already in the game and I just missed it. But that is going to take 100000000 years of playtime to know. By then the wiki will be complete and humans will have already explored the universe for real and won't use ships but teleport with their minds after evolving into non-physical entities. (we'll be like bigfoot without the need for stargates or UFOs anymore)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I don't get it, why is the pc version chugging? The graphics uses voxels like minecraft which don't need as much resouces
It's a conspiracy. (paid by sony to make it run crap) They wanted you to buy the console one to sell ps4s. There is too much hype for it to not be true.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Game loop is boring as all hell. Refund requested, back to Witcher 3!
Fake gamer confirmed! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yellow Stars/Class G
These are the default star systems you can travel to from the start of the game. Mostly basic resources can be be found on the planets present within them, and a lot of the planets are barren.
Red Stars/Class K
You need a warp reactor sigma upgrade to travel to these stars. Planets will have slightly rarer resources on them, and more planets will be habited with fauna and flora.
Green Stars/Class E
You need warp reactor tau upgrade to have the ability to travel to these systems. They contain even rarer resources and even more planets will be tropical/lush.
Blue Stars/Class B
You need a warp reactor theta upgrade to travel to these systems. Planets will have a chance of having even the rarest resources on them, and a higher chance of being lush with plentiful plant and animal life.

In my experience, by default the waypoints to the center, Atlas interference, and black holes only traverse the yellow stars, so by following the path you will only be seeing the lower tier systems. I think it's a way to reward players for venturing off the beaten track, but I'm not certain.
Keep in mind, this is only information from my experience. But to me, it seems that the higher tier systems have a higher chance of having more lush planets with rarer resources.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just get your $110 back from EB like the rest of us.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Can't believe they forgot the manual though. With all of the massive space of Bluray they could have had an AUDIOBOOK full of voice as the manual. Or bette yet, just use speech synthesis to read it as you play? rEven monster hunter has tutorial nowadays.

Imagine if you are 2 years old and just want to play the damn game? not find out how to play?

Neogeo games even had that. What if I want to shoot my gun at the ground for an hour thinking I will one day burn a hole in the soft ground to start to mine and then discover it's not like minecraft and be pissed that I waste so much time? Argh..

The game needs the ability to tame the alien animals and like a horse, you can ride it. Copy everything minecraft has. With the sheer size of a planet, walking is too slow imo. I would love to see an Etrian Odyssey style mapping utility thing so you don't get lost. Then you upload to server and get money for including all the points of interest and notes about the place. You then sell the info on the maps for money which makes it fun to look for resouces instead of a guessing game.

In the old days of RPGs and adventures (metroid) you didn't have maps, and had to wait for game mags to print out the guides. We could go back to those days to make the game more involving. I remember in the old days games like Sword of Vermillion and Phantasy Star 2 came with the guidebook because they knew people were dumb and would not write notes down. We need to go back to making people smart again by having them think with their brain to make the map manually. They then develop skills and it becomes part of the game. Each planet is divided into grid spaces and lists of things in that spot appear on global world map view. Your job is to complete the entire wold map of one whole planet. Aliens will then colonise it and live there gathering for you in exchange for cut of the materials since you found the place. No more grinding, the option exist to fight off invaders to defend the resources that have value from CPU mercenaies who wee sent to take control of the land from you. (each day gives you resource which you place in vaults in the town that the colony lives in and money is sent to the next star system you move to. When you get a certain amount of money from that town, they declare independence from you so you don't leech off them forever and have incentive to keep finding new planets with resources.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

GameHED wrote:francis is right:
You missed the joke.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

So now that it has been confirmed that Sean Murry lied, (no multi)
Will they actually add it in future? What's the technical reason why that wouldn't be possible. At least let us see each other as ghosts or some shit. You made a claim and it's false advertising. GTA5 got taken off shelves for stupid feminist crap, why doesn't this get taken off shelves for ripping off customers? Tomby explain. Boomy is angry and wants to sue them.

First capcom takes out story modes and arcade modes.
Now indies are removing modes while claiming they are there on NATIONAL TV.
Fans of terraria, minecraft, spacebound are laughing at how much money fans of NMS paid for this and defending wicked behaviour instead of caring about the immoral buainess practices.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:Game loop is boring as all hell. Refund requested, back to Witcher 3!
Steam refunds FTW. :up:

They might fix all the issues by the time it hits $5 in the next steam sale.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Yeah I also requested a refund. It simply doesn't look near as good as advertised. Everything just looks like ass on max settings.

Not happy with the HG hype train - they said many things about this but oh man did it fall short. My biggest gripe is the solar system and galaxy 'formation', or lack thereof. They literally just plonk a few planets impossibly close to each other, then randomly spawn asteroids EVERYWHERE you fly. You can't actually fly around the solar system as the sun itself is fake. Zoom out and the galaxy itself doesn't even have any shape to it. Fake it til you make it as they say.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

If and when they add more to it I'm all over it.

But...infinite planets with the same small and boring gameplay loop isn't appealing.

I didn't want space trucking and I don't want space mining either.

Oh for a new Wing Commander Privateer...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:
Fake gamer confirmed! :lol:
Isn't this the guy who games at 30fps or less only? :lol:

Stay ghetto brah :up:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

A game is a game is a game is a game.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So what you're saying is 640x480@15fps (aka GameHED setting) is the same as 4k@60fps :lol:

Stay ghetto brah :up:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Sales for the game are good:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... unch-in-uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone is going to clone it. By the time star citizen is ready people will be sick to death of space sim genre..

The game runs fine on ps4. Hurry up with that port of Elite to consoles. Fuck the pc. Tiny market with like 3 or 4 people who actually buy games because everyone is broke from having upgraded thier machine every ten seconds to get stable framerates on some shit f2p game which is purposely coded badly in hopes you move to higher tech or has shit graphics to get the most people playing it..

Console can never go away. PC tards need to show some respect for helping you get witcher 3 to exist as a giant open world game, you povo balding cunts. All the best pc games eventually get ported to console for a REASON. You NEED US you parasites. The Gungans possess the best shield tech to protect you useless dickheads from the droids so get on your knees and kiss our butts.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Of course they're good, they withheld the game from reviewers and Sony doesn't have refunds on their digital download service. :lol:

Pretty sad that a little overpriced indy game is the second biggest launch, shows how dire the software situation is on PS4. What a joke.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Actually it referred to physical disc sales. I was surprised by that since it's a small file size. (no worry about waiting ages for it to download since it's small)

All the streams I watch so far of pc seem to be jerky.
I told Candy to review starbound not this. Waste of time..
Good thing about nintendo games is level design, interesting scenary (xenoblade despite low fi, still looks good) and a sense of acheivement for doing something. Busy-work sims are a dime a dozen.

What people wanted was starfox or rogue squadron with unlimted places to wander around in. Combine terraria (combat that isn't too easy) but with spce combat of rogue squadron *drool* (interesting set piece stuff that makes the game feel epic, with various little wars within the universe that detrrmine the fates of millions) Relaxation tasks can be the minigames between those things. eg exploring, hunting fishing, crafting etc
Hopefully the next GTA game is set in space and captures the feel of a "space western" where you survive by being the most ruthless outlaw in the galaxy and get to kill all the aliens trying to stop you from achieving the goal. Have cities set in the planets and you use them as the hub worlds while the procedurally generated content is done on the unexplored areas outside the bounds of the governing authority. (you can fight rogues there for loot if you get bored of story stuff, and use it to hone your piloting and gunning skills while making money)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »