No Man's Sky PS4 Space Exploration Game. New info Pg 2

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: No Man's Sky PS4 Space Exploration Game. New info Pg 2

Post by Candy Arse »

A Mass Effect trilogy run-through is a grand space adventure! Space mining...not so much...
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

You'd be better off in an actual mine, at least you'd be getting paid.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The dinos did get downgraded a bit but some look like lab experiments gone wrong:
And candy you can get refunds at ebgames AKA the 7 day rental. Way better than steam's 2 hour rental.
For games I know are going to not suck or be risky I go to big w or whoever else has retail editions.

The game needs to be modified and hacked like crazy. Put in some classic monsters from horror-sci-fi movies and games. Sony should have helped them. Add in monsters, hostile npc, and animals and let them go at each other like the various factions/gangs in gta 2.

This way if you are non-combat player you can take advantage of the situations for example hiding from sentinels because they are way too busy policing the harder criminals instead of busting you for minor things like killing too many plants to feed your life support system. No wonder the Gek hate thier guts..

Was killed by pirates last night and forgot all about feeding shields to prevent damage because I only had enough space for cargo. The game punishes greed. But I'm going to keep small craft because I think it looks cool. It's like a bathtub with wings and very compact. Roughly made about 1.5 million just selling heridium to the space station orbiting the planet.
Despite the flaws I am having fun. But man.....everything feels soooooo empty. And not in the scary way where it's cool, but in the boring way where places aren't interesting going to because it will look the same.

I understand now why elder scrolls world had to shrink a lot for modern triple A game days with big budgets. Nobody is ever going to see the quintillions of other systems because by that time most variations of the same scenary will look old to them much like real life. (only so much variation in nature that will keep you interested in it before you can say 'you've seen it all'.) That's the reason you got to let users build stuff to create unique locations that are distinct from one another and the strength of minecraft games.
They need to add fallout4 style shelters to build with far cry franchises world editor to make visiting planets interesting. If I can fly to an already-colonised planet and see another players home, town, city etc that would be awesome.

Perhaps for thier next game they can bring in more staff? Bigger budget, better monster and alien designers, proper controls for fun space combat etc? The first game is the demo. The sequel becomes the realisation of the dream. Use the profits towards reinvesting into the game and fix the flaws.

The controls for aiming the camera are crap. I tried to scan a bird but it couldn't keep up with flying as it kept changing direction, so it became impossible to lock on to it long enough to scan. It's a tiny target far aay flying around so I just gave up in frustration. You need controls as good as modern FPS games for it to work.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Looks like a lot of people actually want refunds for it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... efund-sony" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I knew it would happen because the hype was to big for it and the info in interviews was so vague. It's the final Fantay 7 effect.
Add bosses in the next update. Learn from terraria. And lower the price ffs. This might save you reputation points and people not ask for refund.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Well, I like this game. I wasn't following the hype so I didn't know about the whole landing-on-asteroids thing, or factions, or any of that jazz.

The only things I'm really disappointed in are that asteroids are fucking everywhere, the ship feels really floaty, and there's no "reset progress" option.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I hope the makers of Rebel Galaxy do a sequel to fill in the gap that No Man's Sky left for those who wanted a more thrilling combat game.

But the emphasis should be on controlling drone fighters that can be launched from the ship so you can do acrobatic manuevers while unloading micomissile swarms while the CPU does all the other stuff. You are an experimental AI pilot which replaces the need to hire mercenaies who fly alongside you. It could be thier attempt at a macoss style of space combat instead of being the guy who manages a whole crew. Similar to Project SILPHEED you have a limited play area to fly in but its huge for a tiny spacecraft you fly. This will keep the energy of a fight interesting as you must stay close enough to the main ship to defend it, as well as be fast enough to strike enemy ships by slipping through the cracks in their defense and then getting out quick enough so you don't get overwhelmed by heavy firepower. All in FPV or third person when you need a bigger FOV. Your attacks must hit specific areas of the ship that are hard to hit from long range but vulnerable and easy to get to by smaller and more agile craft.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

cloud wrote:
Madmya wrote:*nods*
Haha, perfect!
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

This game reminds me of Spore but with more hype and less substance, only I actually played the shit out of Spore. I didn't log into NMS once all weekend.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Star Citizen makes this game redundant.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, the reviews are off the chart.

Oh wait....
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Did you see the Gamescom demo? In its non-released state it's far more of a game than NMS :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So was NMS in its unreleased state! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Soooo... I'm actually really enjoying this game. I made friends with an animal on Delta Autistic III that randomly poops valuable minerals. I was considering calling it GameHED but its shit is actually useful.

I will concede, however, that this game could have been better served with a Minecraft-type development cycle. At the moment, it's just kind of relaxing and a bit pointless, like Minecraft was back in the Alpha days. If it had built up a community following with playable preview releases, I think the game would be a bit more fleshed out.

As it is though, I like it.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yeah, I'm not minding it. It is what it is.
They're a victim of their own hype. The game never should have got the hype in the first place.

I found a Vortex Cube planet, where the sentinels didn't care, and was making ~700,000 a pack cycle. I'm up to 7mill credits now, and 140,000-ish from the centre of the galaxy.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I give it an 8.

I've discovered barren desert planets with no animals, and lush paradise planets teeming with gorgeous wildlife.
I'm enjoying trying to learn about the three factions/species I've encountered, and I've started to delve into what might be a hidden story in amongst the ruined outposts.

The only thing that really, really gives me the shits is the way the game comes to a shuddering halt after about three hours of playtime in a single session. I hope that gets fixed pronto.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I have learned a lot of words of the reptilian race known as the gek that make funny smells if they hate you.

Although I like this game, I have to agree with Candy on this one (I cut myself daily because of saying this knowing that star citizen is pc exclusive) that when that game eventually comes out this one will be a forgotten game and people will bash it the same way people bash Peter Molynuex for all the lies in various interviews.

I would not be saying this stuff if this game was just cheaper and actually had large amount of things to do in the game.

Why can't sony invest lots of money into using this guy's technology and make a Star Citizen clone?

When VR becomes a thing they will have a killer app for PS neo players to play online.

Sean Murray was always grinning and putting his head down when asked questions and giving virtualy no information. He knew it was going to be shittier than our imaginations... lol He wasn't protecting us from spoiling the game. Fucking journalists.. They were either in on the bullshit themselves or were tricked into believing all the stuff mentioned was real. This is basically the project natal of 2016 haha.

It is an interesting demo but the animals are not intelligent in the sense that they don't have routines and rituals to do that defines their lives like the monsters in monster hunter games:
when you study the animal you should be allowed to see stats and this forms the science part of the game and it is recorded on a computer and placed into a database so anytime you need resources from it you can see what planet has it and farm it to make drugs to sell like the guy in Breaking Bad.

this is the game we were promised (you could do ANYTHING...ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING!):
...but we got an unfinished game with no content. To solve this: make a triple A title with it by hiring more humans. Or the other games are going to overtake it. (put some warring factions in the game and pirates vs mercs and other interesting activity. Things that happen regardles of what you are doing so there is some background scenary and evidence that there is living world beyond just you. Old games have this stuff)
I think someone could make a documentary about this game, on how hype made it be worth more money than it actually was. Teach it to kids in game development school so they don't destroy their image so easily by promising shit that isn't even done yet and getting carried away by celebity status.

It's only bad news from now on.

King of Fighters getting rid of sprites
SFV forgetting arcade mode
SC being pc only

Oh well at least Kingdom Come isn't going to suck.

edit:
finally jimquisition stops being a shil and analyses whether we are lied to:
the internet needs to be angry. and stay angry. Once you calm down it will mean more crap games. Don't these guys realise that?
angyjoe review:
as the internet becomes more censored, you got to push for honesty since people are paying critics to defend crap games out there for profit. These are old tactics so the angry guys are the only chance a game will get changed/fixed/modded/not offerring chunks of the core game as paid DLC content later which boosts the total price of the game to be much higher than better games which offer better deal.

A good rule of thumb is this: if an older game does more and does it better, reviewers should mention it and think of the value too. This is what most people do when paying for things out of their own pocket. Just saying whether you like it o don't like it offers very little info about its worth because you are not referencing what other games can do that are out there. That's how we get an idea (without using numbers) of value overall. People will notice the little things as the shelf gets more and more crowded and what you thought was tiny complaints, becomes a deal breaker to somebody who has played dozens of similar games in the genre and paid less money for whilst getting quality.
If the newer game is worse, fans of games will probably moe "ipped off" as the bar is raised. That's just the nature of humans to expect improvement to go up along the timeline, not get worse, unless you produce MORE ie KOF14 having overall more content in characters to compensate for shit graphics.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Multiple sotres giving refunds now regardless of playtime. Even a Steam user got their money back after 50hrs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video on Steam doesn't repesent final game, ask for refund. Game crashes more frequently the closer you get to the centre, ask for refund etc etc.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Wish Sony would offer refunds, definitely not worth the AAA game price for what is barely a B grade game.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Game is shit and does not represent what was advertised - ask for refund
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ppl that purchased on PSN have been getting refunds too.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'll look it up when I'm in front of the PC next. Even credit would be fine
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just tell them the game is unstable and constantly crashing, something like that. There is a quote in the OP of the gaf link I posted saying what someone said to Sony when requesting a refund. I got $40 as a trade in for mine from JB, although they usually give $35 I think but I sweet talked her as I was using the money to purchase some 3D Blu Rays.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Should have read this first. Just sent the request through now saying it's not the game they advertised but if they argue I can go dot point on its faults. Surprisingly for a console game it has crashed twice on me now. See what happens. I'm not too concerned if I don't get a refund as there is always the hope they patch in more content down the track, like destiny.
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

Rorschach wrote:Should have read this first. Just sent the request through now saying it's not the game they advertised but if they argue I can go dot point on its faults. Surprisingly for a console game it has crashed twice on me now. See what happens. I'm not too concerned if I don't get a refund as there is always the hope they patch in more content down the track, like destiny.
Only crashed twice? It crashes for me on my PS4 EVERY SINGLE TIME I play the game. I actually really like the game. It suits me. I would love more things to do, but for what it is I am happy with the game, except for the CONSTANT CRASHING AND FREEZING!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Do you get an error code from it?