Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: No Man's Sky PS4 Space Exploration Game. New info Pg 2

Post by t0mby »

Got Rebel Galaxy for free. Superior PS+ Race, you should get in on that GH, never have to buy a game again. That'd be right up your alley!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rebel Galaxy is pretty good. I've got the superior PC version.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Don't forget there are other titles still coming that are kinda rivals to NMS:

dual universe and The Long Journey Home:
Not as big as NMS, but they have the roguelike thing of being procedurally generated and not being as good as XenoBlade on wii u because the envionments actually have to make sense..
none of them will have as big an impact as Daggerfall which had dungeons that could keep you trapped for 3 hours if you forgot how you came in.

These games need giant underworlds too or you won't recreate that sense of isolation and vulnerability in survival horror games that you get when going inside places. Not just collecting plants, and rocks. I want an open world Phantasy Star Online but with Xenoblade mechs. Why can't these people understand this?? I need to get money off Boomy somehow or the games will never be finished.
We all know that smaller worlds with hand crafted towns and cities beat procedural generation with massive worlds.
http://game-wisdom.com/critical/procedural-game-design" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Humans are superior to AI. It's only done as a cost-saving measure for poor people.
What they could do is combine hand crafted shit with procedural shit for certain zones. Not sure but I think Mad Max did that if you exited the map. The explanation for this is you are able to shift between alternate universes to get out of normally inescapable situations. (which often happens in roguelikes due to AI being too crappy to balance the game causing unfair deaths which can be funny at first but is just bad design)

related:
DU demo:
^closest thing you can get to a 3D "Metroid Maker" game. Why isn't nintendo hiring this guy? People want to build structures on the world not just visit it like MMO game. That's why minecraft is popular. NMS is doomed..This is the game Peter Molyneux could have made if he didn't lose the lucky Bullfrog statue with the demon trapped inside it that gave him all his ideas.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

70 metacritic and 4.9 user score. Ouch, I think Sony ruined this game by throwing so much money at it, by trying to elevate it to AAA status and pricing it as such they ruined what could have been a positively accepted Indy game.

I hope lessons are learned from this.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Lol@mentionimg user scores, like they ever count on Metacritic. :rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

7/10 seems about right. It's a good game but it is repetitive.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yeah, I don't have a problem with 7/10. Seems about right. Bordering on an 8 from me, but we'll see how the game goes.
There is so much wrong with how the community has reacted to this game - I give the community reaction a 2/10. User reviews<>User Reviews. User Reviews=People with an agenda. Go check out the Gaf OT though - plenty of folks just like me enjoying it.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Go check out the Gaf
You masochist
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:Lol@mentionimg user scores, like they ever count on Metacritic. :rollin:
I find the user scores tend to average out over time to roughly where they should be. Also due to lack of review scores from press, all we have to go on is mostly user reactions.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I don't think anyone was expecting 10s for this game. 7s were more realistic. I just can't believe they're charging so much for an indie title.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yeah, this should have been a $50 game, at most. Still, not unhappy pay extra if it helps the developer out but I suspect most of the extra money will go to cover Sony's end with marketing costs. Have to give to Sony, they generated a tonne of positive hype for this game.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I can understand people's gripes with it if they thought they were getting an action space shooter but I think most people that researched it knew it was primarily an exploration game. I certainly don't feel misled so far. A lot of grinding till you know the mechanics of it. I did learn today that your ships weapons can stack though which is handy.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I think people were expecting big things from this game. You don't hype a 7/10 game.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I'm keen to try this, I haven't been buying /playing a great deal but this looks cool for playing bits here and there.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:I think people were expecting big things from this game. You don't hype a 7/10 game.
It's Driveclub all over again! :lol:

*edit*
Whoops, this isn't my Xbot account!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

ALL of the people that reckon this game is overpriced are spot on.

Yes it's good for an indie game but not triple A title good.

You could buy dark souls 3 or some handcrafted title with interesting places to explore over this which is just produced with lots of randomisation on lots of form sliders to give variations on a base type of object.

And I LIKE THIS GAME. Don't get me wrong but I think it will grow in popularity when more content is added into it so you don't just wander around.

Minecraft is like that for me where it gets dull just mining and the adventure and survival stuff is where the meat of the excitement is.

NMS should go for a more terraria thing with boss enemies and 'traditional' dangers rather than the arty farty "this is a relaxing game where you don't have to do anything" thing and the only reason people play it is because the colours look cool and reminds them of covers to old scifi books. That's not enough to keep them interested in the long run.

Videogames are all about the DO, not just WHAT YOU SEE. That's why I like the game as I am exploration guy by nature as a fan of open world games, but without much to do between exploration it can get dull. In games like Fallout you get to explore while being in danger of dying. There is risk added to the exploration and reward for surviving because you get to see more and more the better you are at managing that risk. You never settle on avoiding the exploration portion of the game. There is something to do. Not just gather.

If you land on a boring planet your experience is going to be different from people who have landed on exciting ones.
That's the reason why I think allowing people to build a base and build structures will save the game from that problem.
In minecraft you can be the survivor/explorer/slayer of dragons but you have a place to come home to which you can call uniquely yours. You can't do that yet in NMS.

I hear in the patches for future they will let us build the bases and have bigger ships so don't go by metacritic as gospel.

Remember the initial reviews of Diablo 3? I do tend to trust the users more than the press (even though you can clearly see shills and untrustworthy accounts giving opinions) since the press clearly get paid to do it and can be threatened by big publishers to not supply them with early copies which can stop them from giving honest scores.

So this is why I think its better to use your own judgement by doing the eb rental thing or "try before you buy". Since not everyone has the time to do this (big epic rpg games for example) youtube is your best chance since content creators are not entirely owned by the publishers and although they might receive goodies for mentioning shit on the channel they will lose subscribers if the subs suspect bullshit and their own personal reputation is on the line and can't hide behind a boss and say it was poorly managed and they were told to do something against their own will. ie it's YOU that gets the blame, not the company you work for, and there are always honest rivals who will gladly take your place once they see a weakness and get to absorb your viewership and rake in your $. This way the best ones have to maintain that quality if they want to make living doing it. With pros, the suits control your pesonality since you are attached to a team instead of doing it your own way and expressing your personal views.

I played a little bit last night, and feel the world is static like the things only exist to exist. The open world genre gives NPCS a life, a occupation so you feel like there are things going on in the world. That's what this game need more of. Have trading ships landing on the planet, and meeting other trading ships, with actual people coming out of the ships to sit down and talk. And CPU-controlled robots fighting amongst themselves (not all of them are police some could have been hacked or modded to commit crime on behalf of aliens/humans. eg the droid army in star wars.)

Anyway it's the most interesting game this year imo. It's just too expensive. It's big, but so empty, partially because they went with qauntity over quality. Once the gimmick of being in a big place wears off, people will get bored of nothing to do and just go back to triple A handcrafted titles for excitement/danger.

Bring the price down so more kids can enjoy it. You will get more sales and more exposure on social media as kids will stream the game which works as free advertising to other kids and it becomes word of mouth ad. Kids have more free time than adults to be able to play such a massive universe. Games like Minecraft and Terraria allow co-op. To not be able to meet people hurts the game. Dual Universe is going for Minecaft meets Eve where its shared universe. I know they said it's mostly single player experience but mining b yourself can be boring. At least give us a droid pet thing to talk to or act as tamagotchi or pack mule. lol Maybe also add drones which follow your ship in space to add extra fire power or act independently from you to fight one-to-one against other hostiles. (splitting up the work) They could also act as decoys to make an escape from a losing fight easier. (cloak your ship while using the drone as distraction to draw attention away from you)
As the drone battle it gains XP to reduce delays in its reaction so it acts immediately instead of taking ages to process your order, like a well-trained dog, but going further by predicting what will happen ahead of time by making projections for you by going to the correct spot without needing you to order it or babysit it. (ie it learns through trial and error, and rather than depending on YOU, you start to depend on IT more, since it is lighter and more manueverable in tight spots against the tiny targets which swarm around from all angles that you can't swish around fast enough to get easy shots on due to lack of micomissiles or turrets.)
Last edited by GameHED on 13 Aug 2016 09:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED have you bought No Man's Sky?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes I did yesterday. Actually will post a picture as proof to show Boomy that GameHED really does reward hard work when the game is real and DONE. He believes I am tricking him all the bloody time even though you are the one pirating nintendo roms. You poisoned his mind so he is confused. (as a PC gamer nobody can trust you guys, that's why Blizzard shut down the private legacy WoW servers. The world is waking up to you leeches who don't want to support devs hehe When Blizzard makes PC gaming expensive, more pc gamers will convert to console, which is also expensive, leading to more pc titles finally getting converted to console and win the battle.)

Did you get yours yet? Wheres the review of Spacebound? It's out now. That's deserves more attention than this. NMS has way too much hype imo. It forces you to have to lower expectations. And I predict people will return it as a result of not knowing what the fuck it is and liking it but not being happy at the high cost. Experiences will vary too because of the procedural generation. The animals might look boring where you are but awesome to another person. Your tool won't let you break the environment up like minecraft so you can't change the environment like Dual Universe. That's a big factor because it means you only see the things, but can't do as much as a minecraft style game with it.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

pic of a non-pirated edition of the game on top of a YF-30 box:

no seal of approval on the box is shown that certifies that it was NOT puchased from Candy Arse who creates his from replication machine salvaged from abandoned reptilian base, but it's good enough proof that it is real. Even with pictures people can photoshop everything these days so don't trust your own eyes. Even Bootleg toys are near-perfect replicas of the originals as you can see in the Mech toys thread. (even better than oiginals because the originals have less paint detail)

Bottom line they got the money. The game is expensive. They should have included a black *Fold Crystal with the glowing red thing as a bonus. The Fallout Anthology box (which comes with all the old fallout games) gave you a nice mininuke to store the discs in, that makes a bombing sound when you push the button on its side. And at the price of a single game. And each game except FO tactics is BIG triple A open world RPG game full of NPCS and interesting thing in it, that each took about half a decade to make.

NMS = rip off imo. At least if it doesn't have an amiboo-like statue or something.

*may not be called that in the game. but it reminds of the green fold crystal in macross frontier which is used for fold communications and fast travel in the universe which is why humans want to kill the aliens because it grows inside the bellies of the lobster aliens that can communicate great distances like wireless galactic internet fold communication. And the Raiden games which shows the crystal possessing all the machines to try to kill humans.

related:
Fallout Anthology
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I've got the superior PC version. Was just playing it, averaging around 90fps all settings max at 1440p

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Steam = long loading, bad frame rate and stuttering.
GOG = very short loading, better frame rate and no stuttering
:lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Fast loading, 90fps average here :up:

When do we expect the PS4 patch upping the resolution, framerate and draw distance to arrive? :lol:

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

If you haven't experienced it you haven't missed it. I'm quite happy with my games performance on consoles otherwise but thanks for constantly reminding the world I'm suicidal about it. :lol:
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Ignorance is bliss :t0mby:

NOT impressed with NMS so far. It just looks so fucking ugly and feels like a tech demo. I'm hoping it gets deeper but so far it's the same thing on every planet.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Agree with the above. It's a boring game, warp to location, strip mine planet, stress over limited inventory space, try get to a station to sell off minerals before space pirates turn up and kill you. Rinse and repeat. I'd say at this stage a solid 5/10 from me.