DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Re: DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Post by ObSoLeTe »

Bungie stream on the 9th to presumably reveal Rise Of Iron expansion for September.

Recently got back onto destiny after the april update and the life in destiny is so much better now, 1 to 1 light infusion now on all armor and weapons and a new light level 335 to get to, the new mission and strike are very short but that didnt bother me because of the changes it made getting to top light easier,my titan and hunter are at 335 while the warlock is 334.

2 recordings of me in Iron Banner :D

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Very nice. It's been a very long time since I played Destiny. I do miss it somewhat, I'll probably revisit it at some point but it's just too time consuming with a child around.

Rise of Iron would want to be priced well, or I'm out.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Thought you'd fucked your super in that first vid then the kills start rolling in. :lol:

I'm still chugging along, 3 x 334s at the moment, mainly chasing exotic class items. Apparently Rise of Iron will bring a new raid so I'm pretty pumped for that.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

Very nice. It's been a very long time since I played Destiny. I do miss it somewhat
I still think its a great game. for me to be still playing it over a year and a half since it came out means its done something right lol
Thought you'd fucked your super in that first vid then the kills start rolling in
Hahaha yeah I did too when i activated it,was happy that i managed to kill the other too with the auto scout rifle

Rise of Iron September 20th $44.95 AUD
New Story Campaign & Quests
New Armor and Gear
New Weapons
New Raid
Maximum Light Increase
New Strike
New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space
New Crucible Mode & Maps
New Enemy Faction and Bosses

The Gjallarhorn is back

plus all characters are now 335 :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hmm $45 is doable. The sound of the scout rifle just awoke something within me...
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

that destiny crack starting to kick in again :shock:

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Had a bit of a cheeky nightfall farm, scored three Grasp of Maloks and three 335 class items from about a dozen runs. Thanks Omniguts! I thought I'd be waiting until the next Iron Banner to hit the level cap.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

oh nice get any decent rolls on it?

i got a grasp of malok with counter balance, range finder and glass half full

its good to be at max light level again

Iron Banana this wednesday, Clash

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Woah, that's a pretty great roll. I got one with Exhumed / Fitted Stock / Army of One, one with Secret Round / Braced Frame / Grenadier, and one that's an absolute potato. Nothing fantastic, but I find it's a pretty solid gun even with middling perks. Satisfying to use.

My go-to for PvP for a while now has been a Hawksaw with Hammer Forged / Rangefinder / Reinforced Barrel. From what I've heard it seems stability perks are what people usually look for in a good pulse rifle roll, whereas this is all about range. Here it is next to a stock Grasp:
HawksawGrasp.png
You do have to account for the "northwesterly" recoil pattern, but that Hawksaw has been serving me well in the last few Iron Bananas. Roll on Wednesday, fingers crossed the Saladman has class items this time. :up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Anyone going for/got the Y2 Moments of Triumph? Managed to beat Golgoroth challenge mode last night, just need Oryx challenge... and to finish The Mountaintop. :(
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

i need golgoroth challenge, oryx challenge and beat oryx on hard to get my moments of triumph. probably wont happen tho :(

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Completed the Oryx challenge tonight and picked up Beltane. TBH it's easier than the normal strategy, and a piece of piss if you have Touch of Malice. Golgoroth's the hardest challenge mode IMO, and Hard mode... well, it's hard.

Just the mountaintop left now. Still a fair way to go with the quest but it's more time consuming than difficult from here. Thankfully it doesn't require wins anymore, that must have been hell.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

FUCK YES, after an unhealthy amount of Crucible I've knocked out all but the final step of The Mountaintop. Worst part was trying to get a Salvage match while IB is on, I was seriously in matchmaking for 35-40 minutes per game. Finished the Imprecation quest and picked up the Platinum trophy along the way, two things I never thought I'd be fucked doing. :)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

:run:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Wow, it really is an Echo Chamber in here (that was a PS-exclusive joke)! :redface:

Completed the Aksis Challenge on Hard this week after three nights (!) of tribulation. Probably the most difficult thing I've done in the game, and I'm in no hurry to try it again.

I don't know if anyone else here still plays religiously, but with all of my characters at the level cap, all of the guns from the new raid and only passing interest in PvP, I'm starting to scale back my Destiny time. What a ride it's been. Really looking forward to whatever Bungie have in store for Destiny 2.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I've stopped and I miss it. My mates tried to get it going again but I had to pull the pin for good - just too time poor. The game just demands too much once you've played for a while and the idea of spending precious few hours and achieving nothing is too hard to take (our fireteam isn't highly skilled). I'd rather spend the time where I'd progress in other games. But so far Destiny has been the game of the generation for me. The game that has defined this generation at least. When Destiny 2 is announced I'll probably be motivated to move heaven and earth to find some time.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

400 on 3 characters :nana:

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Damn, only just cracked 355 the other day :( Need to put more time in to it
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Well well, I was expecting SRL, but not Y3 Icebreaker.