DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Re: DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yes finally i will able to do something with 400+ ascendant shards now and upgrade your old raid gear to the new light level as well as upgrade exotic and legendary stuff without having to start from scratch.

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

This bloke on Reddit provided a handy compilation of info revealed during the Twitch stream:
General Stuff
  • Everyone can come to The Reef (You don't need the DLC)
  • Xur will come to The Reef (making him even more of a pain in the ass to find late at night on Xursday)
  • Apparently there will be more story
  • There may be in-game Grimore integration (They won’t tell us right now)
  • There are new ships
  • There will be weekly lockouts with the PoE (not entirely sure what that means)
  • High impact ARs will be returning
  • The Queens Guard stands at attention when you stop by
  • Candles won’t hurt you (lol)
  • The Reef is more utilitarian (It looks more grim than The Tower)
  • The bounty tracker will be in The Reef as well as The Tower
  • The Vault will be available in both The Tower and The Reef (They are the same Vault, kind of like how Ender Chests work in Minecraft)
  • The Postmaster will be in both The Reef and The Tower
  • Upon visiting The Reef, you should receive a bounty
  • The Black Hammer’s “Hive Disruptor” perk and upgrade tree should be fixed
  • Pick a faction – Don’t be that guy
  • You can upgrade ANY legendary or exotic to the new damage cap of 365 (Shadow Price Woot Woot!)
  • To upgrade weapons you need “Etheric Light” which can be found in PoE, ToO, Nightfall and Iron Banner
  • You do not need the DLC to upgrade weapons or armor
  • You can get to light level 34 without the DLC
  • Upgrading weapons and armor will not reset their progression
  • You must complete the story and quest line prior to accessing The Prison of Elders
  • You no longer need Xur to upgrade weapons and armor
  • There is no cap on Etheric Light
Petra: The girl from the Queens Wrath days
  • She got even hotter
  • She’s kind of like the Eris of HoW
  • She will sell Queens Wrath gear
The Warden: He comes from the House of Judgment
  • Armor Cores & Weapon Cores will drop in the PoE and will be used to buy stuff from The Warden
  • His inventory will rotate weekly
  • You need to level him up to buy ships, ammo synths, etc. (Just like Eris)
Brother Vance: Emissary of Trials of Osiris
  • Sells consumables for ToO (could be interesting)
  • ToO, when active will start on a Friday and end on Tuesday (Weekly reset)
The Prison of Elders
  • There will be weekly changes to the PoE

The Tower

Faction Vendors:
  • All new sets of both armor and weapons
Shaxx
  • All new armor sets
Ikora
  • New Stuff
Crucible Quartermaster
  • Cool new weapons
The Gunsmith
  • Any new weapons bought from vendors can be re-forged
  • He will now sell telemetries
The Speaker
Material Exchange:

Ascendant Energies -> Ascendant Shards
Cost: 1 Ascendant Energy and 50 Glimmer

Ascendant Shards -> Ascendant Energies
Cost: 1 Ascendant Shard and 50 Glimmer

Ascendant Shards -> Motes of Light
Cost: 2 : 1 basis

Ascendant Shards -> 250 Glimmer
Cost: 1 : 1 Basis

Radiant Energies -> Radiant Shards
Cost: 1 Radiant Energy and 50 Glimmer

Radiant Shards -> Radiant Energies
Cost: 1 Radiant Shard and 50 Glimmer

Radiant Shards -> Motes of Light
Cost: 2 : 1 basis

Radiant Shards -> 250 Glimmer
Cost: 1 : 1 basis
Also, Vanguard and Crucible Commendations are being fucked off. Existing ones can be "used" for 250 rep apiece. I might finally hit Rank 2 in the Crucible!

There are still plenty of things we kind of know about but don't have any details for yet, so the next few weeks should be interesting. This expansion seems to be shaping up better than expected.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

House of Wolves motherfuckers! I've already seen a couple of level 33 jerks getting around.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

got a new exotic helmet out of the nightfall called the ram, defense at 491 off the bat with only 3 upgrades to upgrade so thats cool, then fucked my self over in the prison of elders by not having the treasure key equipped when the box was available (couldnt get to the app quick enough to move it from the vault to my warlock) serves me right for putting the key in vault :(

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

How do you get those keys? I had one, got it after a mission, but I doubt simply doing the mission again will give me another. Prison of Elders is great.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The best way to get keys is doing the new public events. There is a glitch with the public events and chests that give you the keys.. As soon as you open the chest jump on ya bike and drive out of the area until you see the name for the next area comes up on screen. Now head back and open that chest again. Most times you can get it repeated 3 times in the 1.5 minutes you have before it disappears. Have scored about 4 keys and plenty of purple engrams.

Really loving the new update, so much content...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Shit. The. Bed. It's going to be raining loot with that exploit.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It rains shitty materials, blue engrams and special ammo synthesis. I did the 6 pre-DLC bounties on three characters, and in doing so opened a fair shitload of ether chests... no keys, or purple engrams. If I happen across one of the events, I'll complete it and open the chest as many times as I can (5 is the record in Skywatch I believe), but I'm not bothered to farm them. There's far more interesting new stuff to do, and I don't want my inventory full of crap. It might not ever be patched, normal chests have operated the same way from the beginning. There's speculation that the very reason the Ether Key buff exists is to curtail excessive farming, and that might be as far as Bungie go.

My first key dropped from one of the new named Fallen on the moon when I was completing a Reefer bounty. Haven't finished the story missions yet but I got my team of miscreants to level 32 on the cheap without upgrading all of my Crota gear. I like having nice clothes again for my Warlock instead of looking like a gronk. Hoping to find time for L32 PoE before the reset so I can get those gauntlets off Variks for my Titan.

Loving what I've seen of this expansion so far. How fun is the Vestian Dynasty?! :up:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Prison of Elders is pretty neat! Got through L28 without much hassle, then wiped about a thousand times on the third round of L32. Sometimes we clearly just fucked it, but others we met the last objective and Variks would announce something contradictory like "You disappoint me, Guardians. SUCCESSSSSSSSS! Your victory tells the tale", and we'd wipe. :?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

If that happened today, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the Destiny servers. I think they're getting hammered right about now, I'm having problems too and bungie.net is fucked.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

That was Saturday night. Made it through drama-free with my Hunter last night, got the Titan gauntlets. I really like the way they've handled the light level upgrade path from 32-34. Now the L33 Titan can bubble-punch her way to another Armour Core, hopefully Variks offers something with Int and/or Disc next week.

Can't wait until exams are over, I'm going to flog the fuck out of this game.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Amen! I wish I could spend more time with it. Loving this update.

FINALLY finished off the Vault of Glass for the first time last night! Wooooooooooooo! Took us yonks to do with the 5 of us, and we're obviously not very good. But shit it was good to finally kill Atheon. Picked up Lord of the Hezen gauntlets, Chatterwhite and Atheon's Epilogue! Stoked about the weapon, I didn't have an elemental primary. I kinda wish some of my mates got it instead, they're really struggling to do the crucible part of the Thorn bounty and need it more. Oh wells, winners are grinners!

Had a crack at trials of osiris too - got my arse kicked. I'm guessing you'll be avoiding that gamm0rrr? You tried it obsolete?
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

nice work madmya, its awesome when it all comes together and atheon falls over like a bitch,my raid team and i was playing VoG on hard and we got to the gorgon exotic chest and all joked about my friend getting another gally instead of someone else that hasnt got it yet and then it happen...his 2nd gally in 3 weeks, lucky bugger.

as for thorn i had all void weapons equipped and i only used atheons epilogue when i ran out of special ammo for the final rest II fusion rifle, i used corrective measures as a heavy weapon and managed to get the thorn from a weekend of crucible.

i havent played trials yet, the people i play the raid with dont sound that interested in it. see what happens.

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah Gjally is such an advantage, even just having teammates equip it is great. It destroys everything. But it's times like that you wish you could trade weapons. I don't think a trade system would work with Destiny, though.

I did thorn with only a rare fusion rifle and Harms Way. It was wasn't the easiest, but thankfully being a voidwalker meant I could at least get freebies with the nova bomb. Looking forward to doing a nightfall with Atheon's Epilogue.

The problem with Trials of Osiris is that there's a lot of people who don't like the Crucible, probably because they're not very good. Because of that, the only people playing it ARE really good so it's tough for the mediocre teams (like mine).
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I forgot to mention I also got an exotic from the nightfall last week - Nothing Manacles, a pair of Warlock gauntlets from House of Wolves. They're all about having fun with the voidwalker's scatter grenades. I haven't levelled up the desired perk yet so I can't tell you if it is indeed fun, but they look cool.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yeah gally has to be the best weapon in the game.

to many good players in pvp and it can be hard to get them exotic bounties done, the thorn was a bugger to do with the hunter.

nice madmya, they look cool and the perk that makes the scatter grenades track would excellent for pvp

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I got those too, from... something. Maybe the L32 PoE chest? Wasn't the NF as I didn't have time for them last week. They look awesome, but after wearing them for a while I realise I'm running Voidwalker and not wearing Obsidian Mind, and usually switch. It's nice to have a Void counterpart to the Sunbreakers, in any case.

Landed Eternal Warrior too (exotic Titan helm), still need to unlock the perks but it looks pretty decent. I think I'll use it when I go back and curb-stomp Crota on HM with an entirely unfair level advantage.

Spewing that Variks has another all Strength armour piece. Hope he doesn't run through a whole set like this before changing stats, the gloves fit in well with my Titan build but it's hard to get excited about the chest piece.

Nice work getting through the Vault, Mads! :up:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Here is the shitty build I was forced to go with to reach L34 as soon as possible:
fuerte.png
Pros: With 535 Strength (almost double the practical maximum) I can punch a Fallen ketch back into orbit.

Cons: Only able to throw one grenade every 45 minutes, have no Super, look like a retard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

What gives the honeycomb structure look? Is it each piece of Kell armour? I really like that Titan helmet, it looks sicckkkkk.

Hit rank 5 in iron banner, played a dickload of it! It rains loot in crucible now, from just one match I amazingly got a blue engram, legendary primary, legendary secondary AND exotic heavy! It was only Dragon's breath, but shit!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Daaamn, that is a decent haul. I considered Iron Banana this time for the Etheric Light, but didn't have the time. Hard to find a team with everyone spooging over Trials of Osiris.

The honeycomb getup is on the Kellslayer set that Variks trades, I don't have the legs yet but it's prominent on them too. I had a couple of really lucky rolls recently, got Bittersteel (shader) from Dead Orbit, at long last scored a Gjallarhorn from Nightfall (!), and somehow wound up as a "member" of the B1G D0NGERS CLUB:
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

nice work madmya and a nice shader there too gamma, i played some IB to get the etheric light and picked up some new legendary weapons up,one of the legendary weapons i got was a scout rifle with hive bones and eyes on it that is full auto (2x to 3x times faster fire rate then visions of confluence) with a clip of 21 explosive rounds.

warlock hit 34 last night, hunter hit 34 tonight and then tomorrow night the titan will be at 34.

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

That scout sounds awesome! Unfortunately I don't have a reference VoC. I got whatever the Queen's scout rifle is called with auto-fire and it's ok, but I'm finding fewer and fewer situations where I want to use a kinetic primary.

Got a bit poosocky with Destiny last night and played the 28, 32 and 34 PoE then did three Crota runs. Hunter hit 34, Warlock hit 33, and Titan stayed at 34 but isn't locked into wearing exotic boots anymore. Maxed the Gjally, fuck it's OP. The initial rocket does about the same damage as other rocket launchers, then the wolfpack rounds kick in on top. I finally "get" Black Hammer too, two of us shredded the L34 PoE boss with them.

Really happy with the amount of overall content now, and I haven't touched PvP aside from a few cheeky Crucible matches.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oby, was it this sucker?

I've picked this bastard up in the Iron Banner too, it'll be awesome once I unlock explosive rounds.

Yeah agree with you on content now Gamma, now I don't have enough time to do everything I want to.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

image didnt load for me madmya, was it called the shadow something something?

also finally beat crota on hard twice last week,on the 2nd time i was the sword bearer as a hunter and did the tactic where you hit crota 3 times with the sword, drop the sword and melee crota so you go invisible, pick the sword up and hit him another 3 times after he drops,repeat 1 more time and crotas fucked.

rewards received: glowhoo and fang of ir yut arc scout rifle.

just need word of crota (void hand cannon) from crota hard now

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Good job! I still need to kick his arse. My mate has two Words of Crota.

Yep, looks like the links expire.