DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: DESTINY |OT| Haters create their own reality.

Post by Rorschach »

That actually has merit, I might have a go at selling my disc copy and buying a new version with all the DLC. Cheers!

Edit - just re read your post. Might be that Bungie will sell individual Taken King codes on their own and another unique code that gives you all the DLC. I already have both DLC now so wondering if it might not let me choose what to download
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

The code provided with retail TTK will give you TTK whether you have previously purchased the other expansions or not. There is already a seperate stand-alone TTK code- that's the one that's $69.95. I wouldn't expect to be able to get it any cheaper until a hypothetical TTK+DLC3+DLC4 bundle a year from now. :)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Worth a try I guess, in the end I'd only eat the cost of $10 if it didn't work

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Can confirm- just punched in the code and it automagically turned into just a TTK activation (that is it seemed to acknowledge that I already had DLC1&2). $48 all up for The Taken King LE. $13 if you count the $35 cash loot drop I found in the stairwell on the way in. :D

Now the painful wait until 7pm.
:rock:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Fucken yehhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

:up: nice

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Awesome, found a buyer for my old copy of Destiny too
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Already level 40. The hell man?

Though far from being maxed it seems. I'm not quite sure how it all works yet. I know weapons and armour contribute to my light level, but there still is a bar underneath as if you're still gaining XP post level 40.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

The legend Of You (me)
just put in your gamertag and platform, pick your character and watch the video

Titan
https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-o ... &version=2

Warlock

Hunter

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Ha! That's awesome.

I'm really liking The Taken King so far. It definitely feels like this is what Destiny should have been from day dot. I love Stormtrance! So much fun.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yeah i agree , its a step in the right direction. much better missions and cut scenes. the titans hammer is pretty fun to use too.

ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

old crota hard raid is a cake walk now with being over leveled, took him out with 1 sword
and a sweet pvp kill a few weeks back :D

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Some fine swordsmanship, but fuck you for getting a Crux. :D

That dude with the rocket launcher must have been spewin'. :lol: I don't have a video but I killed a Stormcaller during their super by backing away and continually firing Lord of Wolves. Rage-quit material right there.

Picked up a Telesto (well, three actually), that shit is great for pissing people off in PvP. Fusion rifle that fires in a tight circle, shots stick to enemies and cause voidsplosions after a short delay.

Plus it looks rad:
Spoiler!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

295 Light Level after my first ill-fated attempt at the new raid. I'm not sure if I like it yet. Won't post spoilers, but there were platforming sections that were fucking awesome, then there were other weird sections where random buffs/nerfs get applied to you and I really had no idea what the fuck was going on, despite multiple Vault of Glass / Crota's End runs and kind of knowing what I was in for. Eventually some friends I was playing with managed to explain what I needed to do, but I'm no closer to understanding why that's the required sequence of events, or how the crap they made sense of it to begin with.

Overall though, The Taken King is great. I have no problem with stating that the better story missions meet or exceed the highest points of the Halo franchise. I had a smile on my face from start to finish, and I've really been suffering from Resting Bitch Face lately so that's a big call. I still have tonnes of quests to complete, and probably still have a bunch to start that I don't know about. Patrolling Mars is fun again! Never thought I'd say that.

Did you guys hear about Black Spindle? I only had time after work to have three attempts at it (one really close run), but I love that there's shit like that in the game. Look it up if I sound like a crazy person.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

cheers gamma :D
it was sweet getting the crux but a shame its not a year 2 weapon. i feel that necrocasm and the vex mythoclast should of been year 2 weapons since theres bastards of guns to get. wish i could get more pvp kills like that rocket jump shotgun to face

ive played the new raid 2 times so far and have only got up golgoroth. we managed to do the totem polls and kill the warpriest in under an hour last night as well as finding the secret chest in the maze section. so far im liking the raid .

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I feel the same about the Prison of Elders exotics. Not so much because of the difficulty in getting them (although Skolas wasn't a pushover), just that they only got a brief run before Y1 wrapped up and they are capped at 170. Lord of Wolves is excellent (still my PvP go-to), Queenbreakers' Bow wasn't bad either. Both were fun to use. Dreg's Promise... we'll just forget about that.

We're having our second attempt at King's Fall tonight. Made it to Warpriest last time but people had to leave, this one should be a bit more organised so hopefully we make some decent progress. Managed to pick up Black Spindle last night, that should be a big help on the bosses. You've got until reset tonight if you want to have a crack at it, it still drops at 310 Light (but will be nerfed soon). Apparently you can get a ship from it too but our fireteam had no such luck.

ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yeah i agree house of wolves exotic weapons and some armor should have come to year 2

awesome gamma, i havent managed to get the black spindle yet, had a failed attempted at it yesterday, might be lucky enough to get it done before the reset

Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten
XBL ID: Kaji AU
PSN ID: Kaji_AU

Post by Kaji »

Wish you guys were all playing it on PS4 :)

I've loved the new raid think overall it's the best they have put out yet, VoG still have a strong place in my heart simply for the aesthetic and it being the first one.

Each class over 300 now without having to gear share weapons/ghosts between them, exotics usually decoding to 310 once you are over 300 light really helps.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

huh i thought most of the destiny players on the ranch were ps4 players

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Is there a PS4 Fireteam in this thread? I'm part of one with my mates from Japan but would be great to have another one to raid with. We were just talking about it last night. We play on the weekend if anyone is interested.

Edit - Best thing about Japan is that it's almost in the same time zone.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I have a regular crew that I raid with on reset night, but my alts just cracked 290 so I'll be keen to run some more raids soon. Would be great to play with some PS4 Ranchers. :)

It'll be a few weeks for me though, I'm buried in uni bullshit right now.
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten

Post by Kaji »

Ah cool, dunno how I missed there were so many PS4 peeps, if I don't have you on friends list for some reason add me Kaji_AU

Been loving the return of trials so much, really missed the game type would be fun to do some with you guys.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I've got you on my friends list (I'm McGongus), I think you've been there since the early PS3 days!

I'm pretty sure the highest Crucible rank across any of my characters is Rank 1, and I've been playing since launch. Suffice to say I am not the guy you want on your Trials team. I'm definitely keen for a GR raid some time though! Warlock is 305, Hunter 300, Titan... something. 296ish? Doing a NM run tonight so I might take ol' t-rex arms and try to reach 300.
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten

Post by Kaji »

I lost a bunch of people off my FL when I got my ps4, I've readded you, and I'd be more than happy to do Trials regardless especially if you have never been to the lighthouse before :up:

We usually raid wed & thurs night at the moment would be happy to have you along :)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Cool, tonight was an exception but I'm usually free on Wednesday nights. Thursdays are out for the foreseeable future. Ended up running Hunter and got the cloak and boots, 302 now.

And no sir, I certainly have not been to the lighthouse. Never played Trials or Iron Banana. I usually get a new grimoire card every time I play Crucible because it's the first time I've seen whichever map it chooses. :lol: Seriously not a PvP guy, but I guess we could give Trials a crack sometime if you really want the dead weight!