Sony PS4 $399.20AUD Deal Back On. See OP

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Sony PS4 $399.20AUD Deal Back On. See OP

Post by itch »

Yeah if you think PC gamers don't buy games, become a PC gamer and lead by example.
-------------------------------------
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Well I'm thinking I'm most of the way through 1886 now, chapter 13 I think. It's been mostly just OK so far, but has definitely picked a bit these last few chapters.

Surprised at how little Lycan action has been in the game though, what little I knew of the game and premise (age old knights of the round table in steampunk alternate 1886 fighting werewolves) I thought they would be the main enemy but I've spent the vast majority of the time killing humans.

I think there's only a few chapters left so I don't think that will change all that much, and it's kind of made for boring shootouts as they are all "kill the enemy resistance uprising!" up until almost the end where you're finding out a bit more about the story. Even so fhe few Lycan fights have been a bit ho-hum, pretty much sit in the corner and wait for them to run at you, then gun them down while hitting the occasional X button prompt to dodge, no real incentive to move around.

Super pretty game though, been quite amazed a few times at how much so. Very little interactivity though, and the scraps of paper and newspaper clippings etc whilst interesting, I have to walk rigjt up to the TV to be able to read the tiny cursive, and that's on a 55".

Only other game I've really been stuck in to so far is Bloodborne, and if you've played and of the souls games then you will know very well what to expect In terms of basic mechanics. The projectile stuff and having that short window to attack back some health are quite cool though and still something I'm getting the hang of, so used to a shield!
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

itch wrote:Yeah if you think PC gamers don't buy games, become a PC gamer and lead by example.

Consoles are kinda like weak PCs but with Quality control.

I think PC gamers are angry at us console gamers but they don't get it: lots of great console gamers are fine with shit graphics and this angers them. Sort of like people who get angry at the 3DS after owning a PS Vita. People generally want the underpowered machine to die off but usually it lets developers not have to design a game to require a huge budget and gives them freedom. If the game sucks and sells bad no big deal. You can't say that about the games with huge budget and small numbers of people to sell to. PC gamers need to buy less crap games that look good, and spend more on really good games and be ok with shit graphics in the good games as long as the game is designed well and quality tested for fun and framerate consistency. Having a few really good and fun games is better than a tech demo which only a few dudes can play online with you due to how many people prefer console experience. The reason MMO as a genre is so popular is the graphics are shit, so lots of people can play with you meaning a big community.

It's no secret that piracy is too easy on pc. That's why pc gamers need to stop wishing console were dead and start appreciating the games that are good which run on shit hardware. It's a safe platform to release to since people are less likley to pirate if the game is guaranteed to be consistent in the framerate due to the hardware being the same for everyone. The money game devs save by making the graphics so shitty means bigger worlds, more content and less chance of them going broke if the game sells like shit. Games like Rayman sold like crap but since it was a simple 2D game, it still profited. Any platform can run it. That means enough people can see it, play it and willing to pay ful price for it since the quality is consistent. (no variaance in the framerate across different hardware since it is not a resource hog)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:Just sell both consoles to get a good GPU for your PC. Experience the high end of gaming.
I don't want to see console gaming die though. PC is never in any danger of dying* because the machines are not just about games. Everyone has one. However I think companies are scared to make content on it if they can't first make loads of money on console. The fact is there is a symbiotic relationship with console and pc. PC is cheap to make stuff on it. When the game makes money on pc it comes to console. (eg minecraft which MS bought and is popular with little kids)

But with console its the other way around. The console gets those big games and the budget required is big, but it is more controlled environment so less piracy. (the reason for piracy is poor guys don't know if a game will run like crap and therefore pirate a game first to test if their shit pc can run it) By the time it comes to PC the companies have not as much worry about the game selling like shit due to piracy since the console game already made them huge profits however it's the test bed for new emerging things that we may see in consoles of the future. (eg virtual reality, experimental controls etc) The pc is the place for the rich people to get access to things early and if they don't work right 100% there is no harm done since the nature of the platform is that its constantly changing all the time. (people are ok if something is glitchy and they act as feedback to refine the experimental things. No central control telling people how something must be done which is like the wild west)

*it's still doomed though. Kids are turning to mobiles to play shit farming sims when they should be playing animal crossing instead.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Received this in the mail.

BIG W. WEEKEND SALE, FROM DEC 5 to 6.

PS4 $368.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I reckon Sony are getting rid of the 500gb versions to make one terrabyte the norm which imo should of been done from the start.