Sony PS4 $399.20AUD Deal Back On. See OP

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Sony Playstation 4 $399.20AUD today only!

Post by flipswitch »

I hope he bought them from ALDI.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Nearly picked up another one because they were so cheap. But my PS4 and Xbox One barely get used at the moment. Outside of a bit of Trials Fusion here and there, there's nothing on either console yet that has me prioritizing it over what I use my free time for now. GTA5 will change that though. Not sure which console to grab it on. But it's without a doubt my next purchase... Although I ordered The Last of Us remastered from Dick Smith on Friday for $45 delivered.

I look forward to when my kids are old enough to play games with me. Will have so much more time for gaming when I can double up that and looking after the boys. But at 19 months old, my eldest son tends to make gaming near impossible. Fiddling with my amp, pressing every button he can get his hands on between the consoles, amp, tv, remotes etc. and trying to rip the controller out of my hands. Just easier to watch my tv shows through my HTPC, turn off the wireless keyboard and mouse and allow him to play with those.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

guttermouth wrote:Know a dude who spent big up on a new PC. To afford it he had too cut back on a lot of things for a month. So he bought a massive bag of dim sims to live off for that month. By half way he wasn't looking to good....
I lived off 8 cans of beans and a loaf of bread a week for two months so I feel his pain.

Still made me laugh though. Dim Sims. :rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It's been all TLOU and Rogue Legacy at my place.
Rogue Legacy is the ultimate 'pass the controller around the loungeroom' game.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Well that's great since your kids are now old enough to wash their hands properly. I still sanitize my controllers after each visit.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

t0mby wrote:
guttermouth wrote:Know a dude who spent big up on a new PC. To afford it he had too cut back on a lot of things for a month. So he bought a massive bag of dim sims to live off for that month. By half way he wasn't looking to good....
I lived off 8 cans of beans and a loaf of bread a week for two months so I feel his pain.

Still made me laugh though. Dim Sims. :rollin:

8 cans of beans and a loaf of bread you found in DayZ you surely mean.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah but he only had an axe to open the can, so he lost a good portion each time.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Fuck it, I'm onboard.

...for a PS4, not this financially imposed bean diet.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

You know you want dem beans!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

What's with Gamma getting all hoity toity?
The beans presently used to make baked beans are all native to North America and were introduced to Italy in 1528 and to France by 1547. The dish of baked beans is commonly described as having a savory-sweet flavor and a brownish or reddish tinted white bean once baked, stewed, canned or otherwise cooked. According to alternative traditions, sailors brought cassoulet from the south of France or northern France and the Channel Islands where bean stews were popular. Most probably, a number of regional bean recipes coalesced and cross-fertilised in North America and ultimately gave rise to the baked bean culinary tradition familiar today.

While many recipes today are stewed, traditionally beans were slow baked in a ceramic or cast-iron beanpot. A tradition in Maine, USA, of "bean hole" cooking, may have originated with the native Penobscot people and was later practiced in logging camps. A fire would be made in a stone-lined pit, allowed to burn down to hot coals and then a pot with eleven[6] pounds of seasoned beans would be placed in the ashes, covered over with dirt and left to cook overnight or longer. These beans were a staple of Maine's logging camps, being served at every meal.

Canned beans, often with pork, were among the first convenience foods and it is in this form that they became exported and popularised by US companies operating in the UK in the early 20th century. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration stated in 1996 that "It has for years been recognized by consumers generally that the designation 'beans with pork,' or 'pork and beans' is the common or usual name for an article of commerce that contains very little pork." This is typically a piece of salt pork to add fat to the dish.

Canned baked beans with small pork sausages are still available, as are variants with other added ingredients such as chilli.
Got a happy little human being who won’t eat their veggies?

Outsneak them thanks to new 100% Aussie made SPC Baked Beans and Spaghetti - with a serve of nutritious veggies hiding in the sauce.

Our new SPC Sneaky Veg range puts you one step ahead at the kitchen table with a serve of veg that can’t be seen, making sure your kids stay as happy little human beings.

Available in a convenient four pack, including our kids’ favourites Baked Beans, Spaghetti and Numberghetti, plus introducing the new Spag-a-stralia - filled with shapes of iconic Aussie landmarks and animals in a delicious sauce.

Find out more http://www.happylittlehumanbeings.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you seen our latest SPC Sneaky Veg ad? Click here to watch youtu.be/gX98Uj7Q5rU

Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines (2013) NHMRC
And if that wasn't enough.
Baked beans are known on occasion to cause an increase in flatulence following consumption; this is due to the fermentation of polysaccharides (specifically oligosaccharides) by gut flora, specifically Methanobrevibacter smithii. The oligosaccharides pass through the small intestine largely unchanged, and when they reach the large intestine, bacteria feast on them, producing copious amounts of flatus. This condition is the basis for the US children's song "Beans, Beans, the Musical Fruit" or, in the UK, "Beans, Beans, Good for the Heart". One of the more prominent examples of the phenomenon, in popular culture, is the campfire scene in Mel Brooks's film Blazing Saddles, in which the cowboys' banter is punctuated by fusillades of flatulence—an early instance of the potty humor later popularized by moviemakers like the Farrelly brothers, and a red flag to censors at the time.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Shit, at first glance I took Sneaky Veg as Stinky Vag. Wouldn't have been surprised if Gamma wasn't keen on any Snatch Gunk. In a can. With some Sneaky Vag.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Entire paragraph just made me wince and writhe around. So gross.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Deal is still on? Duster sales through the roof. :P
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I thought it was only for 12hrs?
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

So did I but the ozbargain site says til the 21st?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Next gen firesales, I don't ever remember consoles being sold at such heavy discounts last gen in their first year and we launched at low prices to begin with. :o
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I was convinced PS4s were 400 dollars anyway. Weren't people buying them at launch for 400?
-------------------------------------
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

General Chaos wrote:So did I but the ozbargain site says til the 21st?
I think the $499 price is till the 21st but the CDICKSMITH20 code was only valid from 10am-10pm. Buy another one and see. ;)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I ordered mine after 10pm and the code still worked. The whole time it was referred to as a Sunday sale, so you'd have to assume it finished when Sunday did.

Anyway, we're getting a bit off topic, this is officially a beans thread.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Baked beans are good for your heart
The more you eat, the more your fart
The more you fart, the better you feel
So eat baked beans for every meal.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Baked Beans and what do they gain us?
You can play the Bolero out of your anus
It also makes your pee full of bubbles
But I just made that up because I have mental troubles.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

If you overspend on consoles and have to be frugal
You'll end up playing tunes on your backdoor bugle
(With apologies to Martin/Molloy who I stole that term from)
Om nom nom nom nom nom
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

itch wrote:I was convinced PS4s were 400 dollars anyway. Weren't people buying them at launch for 400?
If you bought from the us on release it was around $429 with shipping.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

You got ripped off sucka! Enjoy your Killzone Box!

:D
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Wtf you on about I already sold my us console for $400 and pre ordered the destiny one from amazon for less than $430 dhl to melbourne :D And I straight swapped killzone for watchdogs anz edition with dl codes. Not really interested in it but my youngest son likes it.