Re: Bayonetta 2. Let's Dance Boys!

Post by GameHED »

Play Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage.
Then DMC.
Then play Bayonetta 1
Then Hyrule Warriors.
Then Bayonetta 2.
Then Shadow of Mordor.
Then get nintendo to fund the next streets of rage game for wii u and buy the rights to aliens franchise so that we can get a good aliens game on wii u where the tablet will actually be good for something. (motion tracker, sentry gun camera, remote piloting of dropship as an android to pick up and rescue stranded marines etc)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep no worries, great post nutbag.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

There's a little bit of assumed knowledge and some nods to the original that I've come across so far, and of course just some plain spoilers in terms of certain characters that are around right at the beginning of the game.

I reckon you should probably play the original first, but they are self contained stories and games and there certainly isn't any expectation you carry over memorised techniques/combos from Bayonetta 1 to 2 as most of the weapon set changes. So you could play in either order quite comfortably (unlike something like Mass Effect 1 to 2 where they kind of overhauled the controls to be much tighter so going back to 1 from 2 was tough), but if you're eventually going to play both start with the original :up:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

If you really want to get the most enjoyment play risen 3 first.
the combat in it is not as bad as he says. You got to learn to dodge like the unkillable monkey in far cry 3 with jedi like precognitive powers and then attack when you see opening. Action games like bayonetta are too easy.

people of today expect instant gratification and slow paced games that reward patience are bashed for not being arcadey. If you had to fight giant bird raptor thing you'd get scratched a lot. Monsters never get respect and it pisses me off because in nature animals are tougher than us because they have to hunt all the time so should move faster than us. Play risen 3 and you will probably beat bayonetta 2 in 20 mins.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Ben wrote:There's a little bit of assumed knowledge and some nods to the original that I've come across so far, and of course just some plain spoilers in terms of certain characters that are around right at the beginning of the game.

I reckon you should probably play the original first, but they are self contained stories and games and there certainly isn't any expectation you carry over memorised techniques/combos from Bayonetta 1 to 2 as most of the weapon set changes. So you could play in either order quite comfortably (unlike something like Mass Effect 1 to 2 where they kind of overhauled the controls to be much tighter so going back to 1 from 2 was tough), but if you're eventually going to play both start with the original :up:
Thanks mate, playing through the first then will do the second.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I watched this for about an hour on Twitch today. Looked fucking great. Will definitely 100% buy.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Finished up Bayonetta 2 last night, awesome game :up: was surprised to see how interwoven the story was with the first Bayonetta towards the end.

I should have unlocked most of, if not all of he verses for tag climax so that is going to be great to sink some more time in to. I got a couple of chapters into the game before trying it out and had a lot of fun, but only limited verses because I wasn't very far in. 4th climax difficulty and tag climax will have me coming back to this for a long while I believe!

I'm house sitting for a friend and actually have Internet access, so if anyone is keen for some tag climax sometime let me know :)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Holy shit this game......
Chapters 10, 11 and 12......
Insane.
I feel exhausted after playing this.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Holy shit this game......
Chapters 10, 11 and 12......
Insane.
I feel exhausted after playing this.
How do you find it compares to NG Elf?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The last Ninja Gaiden game was a zombie slaying hack em up. I think it is safe to say this game blows the NG frnachise away.

I think sega should have taken my advice and listened to me when I said I wanted a sonic the hedghog beat em up in the style of these types of games. Yes it might have sounded crazy to the less intelligent people who play games here, but the amount of money made would have helped sega as a company. You see, this game relies on being hyper violent and kids can't play that. If they were going to make a beat em up, it wasn't going to be a streets of rage sequel but something with sonic in it. And platinum could have easily made that type of game using mascots and released it to wii u where the kiddies are to rake in the dough. Bayonetta 2 is not going to sell well to little children who own wii u or parents who play violent games on ps4 or bone.

too late now.. You guys love playing ninja turtles arcade, you love co-op beat em up like streets of rage, you even might have enjoyed Dragon's crown if you owned a vita and played it portable during trips on the bus where cool gamers are and not at home. Now imagine a beat em up rpg with sonic characters? Nintendo did a pretty good job farming out their IP from zelda to koie tecmo to do hyrule warriors. Don't see why sega can't do that with golden axe or sonic to make a beat em up hack n slash title that doesn't suck.

Capcom know fighting and beat em up. Platinum is made up of ex capcom people. Sega not letting them do streets of rage 3d game is a wasted opportunity imo. Platinum: go and fix sega now that you finished this project. Bayonetta 2 sold like shit in japan, you need money. Sega need money. And sonic needs a good game for once. The last good sonic game was that kart racing clone which is obviously copying mario kart's ideas. (the inspector gadget style transforming vehicles hehe)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Yeah..

a sonic beat em up... ??
Keep floggin that hedgehog corpse...
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'd put Bayo1&2 slightly ahead of NG1&2. I love both series though, and they are both the absolute pinnacle of the genre as far as I'm concerned, with a gap back to DMC and GoW.
Bayo1 is slightly ahead of Bayo2 aswell imo.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I prefer the Bayo world over NG, but prefer NG's combat. But looking at the current state of NG...
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I only asked as Elfs opinion on NG1 mirrors mine. Should've bought the Bayo Special Edition back with me instead of shipping it with my seamail items. Oh well, something to play over Xmas when PSN and XBL crash due to Xmas customer demand. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I discovered today you can play tag climax offline! Sounds like a small thing but not having a regular Internet connection myself, it's awesome to know I don't essentially have a large chunk of game play locked away from being played just because I'm playing offline. Some of them are bloody tough when you start upping the bets with halos and in turn cranking the difficulty.