Street Fighter V - the best fighting game now even better!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Street Fighter V - PS4 and PC only

Post by GameHED »

What I mean is the online component.

Let me explain:

whenever I play a game if I think I won't get value out of the online compnent I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for that portion of the game since I will get little use out of it. The other players who DO use it SHOULD PAY, but not ME.

Just like Call of Duty. I love Call of Duty just for the single player because it's like playing an arcade game of the past and the campaign is short. But I don't buy that game at full price anymore because unlike games like Wolfenstein where you got a meaty campaign, I know I won't get value out of the online component of the call of duty game where the meat of the value it in the franchise now.

In the old days a game was a single player title and then multi was a mode. Now multi is the sole reason to buy a game and the campaign is the extra. (sort of like training mode when your can't play online for a while)

It's a side feature. The same logic applies with fighting games. If I play couch multi 90% of the time, why should I have to pay capcom money to play online when I will only play for brief period of time since I prefer non-lag matches?

Also there is the idea of the free market. I am a libertarian. I believe if someone offers a better deal, then the guy overcharging you should have to lower prices to compete with the better deals (through a process of price matching whatever the customer sees is a better deal elswhere)

If nintendo can let you play online free, why can't sony and capcom lower their entry fee and match nintendo? Free Market capitalism keep everyone honest and makes customer happy.

How are kids going to afford to pay for the ISP, then pay for a subscription just to access an online mode in a game, and then on top of this buy the game and then buy the season passes?
They can't so they play mobile games and play nintendo games which has free online. Capcom is not being realistic because they don't have libertarian views and don't like free market capitlism.

With monster hunter, it's free to play online. But SF (which is a twitch arcadey title where a match lasts 5 mins) wants me to pay to play a laggy (less high qualiy) experience which is not as fun as local multi? It's an arcadey fighter not a RTS or a MMO, or a FPS where having your own seperate screen is needed.
Last edited by GameHED on 21 Feb 2016 09:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So you bought Capcom's game but don't want to give them money by paying Sony for PS+.

Yep...makes sense. Enjoy single player :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's not "single player" because it's got couch multi. Just like in the old days when you bought a fighting game before the age of online gaming.

One of the reasons I actually want it to come to portables is because it will also boost the number of people who will play arcade fighters on the street or at their own house with you increases when the game is quick to start up.

Not everyone likes online gaming candy.

They want LAN or couch multi. LAN = increase the variety of people you can play SF with because they don't have to live near you and you can go to them. A portable device is light and easy to carry and you each get your own screen.

Couch multi = no DRM, no lag, and the added advantage is you know who it is on the other side. Unlike when you are online, your buddy could be handing the controller to some other guy to trick you into thinking you are playing him. You want to eliminate the other guy's options for fraud. You can't do that because online gaming isn't as policable as LAN where you can see the guy holding the controller.

Has boomy bought the game yet or is he playing Smash Bros? He's waiting for the price to go down I reckon. That proves my point about prices. Gaming is more competitive so capcom gotta think of the poor kids in order to rake in new members into the FGC. Once the old member get old they will die off and sales will dip. Research shows that when you get older you stop being as hardcore a gamer as when you were in your teens. That means capcom have to keep expanding the base of existing players to sustain the community.

It's all about money. Once you get the money you can improve SF more and more as more customers buy your game. But, if you are going after kids you got to look at what kids can afford. They don't have full time jobs. That's why they are buying shit mobile games and not PS Vita (which has the best dpad for fighters) and playing UMVC3 on it.

If you want to play on pc fine, but kids aren't allowed to truly play on computers because they will delete their parents files. That's why they buy them consoles. They just need to lower the barriers to join communities on console and everything will be fixed. When NX comes out hopefully SF5 will be on there with all the unlocked content and with free online. Nintendo should pay capcom moneyhat for that. (maybe go one better and make it uncensored to give console fans a reason to "upgrade" lol)
Last edited by GameHED on 21 Feb 2016 09:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cool bro look forward to you uploading couch multilayer footage
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Far Cry Primal is coming out man.

Don't understand why nobody likes this series.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, that makes no sense either.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think I saw GameHED in the supermarket yesterday because there was a dude buying a bunch of bananas but he peeled them all first, telling the checkout chick he wasn't prepared to pay for the skins because he doesn't eat them.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I though GameHED was the kind that ate them.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Street Fighter V - the best fighting game now even bette

Post by Cletus »

I only heard part of the conversation so I could have it the wrong way around.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I really hate Ken.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That video is hilarious because of how bad the Zangief player is. Every blocked shoryuken = 40% life gone if he knew how to use his character.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I encountered a few people who just dragon punched at everything. They weren't so bad. My stats for playing against Ken were pitiful last night though.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Whoever you're using, learn their go-to crush counter combo ASAP. Any silly dragon punches will get blown up so so bad.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Ooo many thanks.

I've been using my usual Cammy. She hasn't changed too much but some of her changes are very handy.

I was going to get good with Karin but I was a bit miffed that she no longer has her counters of old. That made her so appealing.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Wait, what? She still is a counter character yeah??
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Nope.

She has her V-Reversal which I am pretty sure is her old animation from SFA3 but she no longer has her counter as an actual special move.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

:lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Karin is a bit different from Alpha but she's really really good. Possible top tier right now her footsies are scary.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

lestat wrote:Image
:lol:
I wonder where he's seeing it? The tourney I was at on Saturday was played on PS4 and there were no issues. Maybe online?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Certain stages cause frame drops, like the waterfall one. The tourney probably just avoided the framerate killing stages. They also stripped shadows from the game to keep FPS up. Maybe they should follow KI and target 900p.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

We actually didn't have a stage rule in place. I know for the matches I did it was random select but I can't remember what stages I got.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

When PS4 is connected to the server it can cause frame drops.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That might explain it, we were all in offline mode.

Not a problem with the superior PC version!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Speaking of which, make sure you're online tonight cloud. I'm going to rape you.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

You might want to say "best you in a few rounds of virtual combat", the other is kind of offensive. It's up there with the word gay meaning lame or stupid.