Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by t0mby »

I never choose the default difficulty as usually I find them a chore, even TLoU didn't feel challenging on Crushing once I played through the first time.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, new mechanics are awesome such as the sliding, swinging and analogue climbing, would make the earlier games feel archaic if I went back to them now. It actually feels more like an Indiana Jones game than a Tomb Raider especially that section in the mansion.

I can't compare it to the others too much atm, but I have found UC3 to be the weakest in the series, even compared to the Vita (which I think I mentioned earlier) and this has topped that so far.

Looking forward to diving into chapter 10 as I saw a little bit when I gave my 5yo his first ever gaming experience today so saw him driving around a bit.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Saw it at Target for $69, popped it on lay buy. Pretty good price I thought. Gives me time to play the rest of the games in the series
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Is it just me or does anyone else feel uncharted games have no replay appeal. As great as the series is, everytime I finish one a feel no need to play them again..
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Pretty much the norm for heavily story based single player affairs unless you're going for all the treasures and journals.

Gave Chapter 10 a good blast last night, feels so good having some open world goodness in this after the first 9 chapters. Fuck it looks awesome too.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

guttermouth wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else feel uncharted games have no replay appeal. As great as the series is, everytime I finish one a feel no need to play them again..
Probably because the core gameplay itself isn't all that great, there are other games that do shooting and platforming better. Uncharted games are about the story/adventure/locales and enjoying the immense polish and detail ND put into these games.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Uncharted 4

Post by Rorschach »

Up to chapter 10, really enjoying it but extremely linear, more than I was expecting. If I hadn't played Rise of the a Tomb Raider before this UC4 would have had more of an impact. Won't pass judgement until I've finished it but IMO ROTTTR is the better game at the moment. Still, standout title, graphically the best game of this generation to date on the consoles
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'm not far past the crash that we see in the prologue, about halfway if chapter numbers are anything to go by. Game really steps up from Chapter 10 onwards from what I've seen so far.
flipswitch
que
que

Uncharted 4

Post by flipswitch »

I finished it a few days ago, going through it again to unlock more extras. In a nutshell I give it an 8/10

Haven't played multiplayer.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Rorschach wrote:Up to chapter 10, really enjoying it but extremely linear, more than I was expecting. If I hadn't played Rise of the a Tomb Raider before this UC4 would have had more of an impact. Won't pass judgement until I've finished it but IMO ROTTTR is the better game at the moment. Still, standout title, graphically the best game of this generation to date on the consoles
Yeah, rise of the tomb raider surprisingly ruined this for me. Wish I'd played them the other way around.

Still a great game, best looking game I've ever seen, but not as fun for exploring etc.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'm up to the elevator section, think that's around Chapter 15-16? Definitely loving it so far. I don't really understand the complaints about being linear given the previous 4 games have been extremely linear, even more so than UC4 which at least tries to portray a bit more freedom in some areas, even if it is just subtly.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Not a complaint but the teasers led me to believe the game world was a lot more open. If anything, it just shows what a great job the team behind ROTTR did.