Elite Ginger

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by Candy Arse »

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I played GTA5 on a PS3 for the first time about 2 weeks ago and the frame rate was INTOLERABLE, NAUSEATING.

Watching that Uncharted 4 gameplay again it looks the same. 30 fps really isn't good enough IMO.
-------------------------------------
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

GTAV runs at 30fps on PS3 now?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Was it less than that?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Indoors it often would hit 30fps, but outside of that no fucking way.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

30 frames per September maybe.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I have to say gaming is like, gaming needs to get it's shit together!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Here's the thing.

When PS3 and XBox360 came out, they cost nearly a thousand dollars. And people payed that.

That's what it costs at any given time to be truly next gen. About a thousand bucks.

The current consoles are less than half that.

So to get truly next gen experience you have to do what we did back when PS3 and 360 came out - pay a thousand bucks +
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'll sell you my PS4 for $1000 since it's a next-gen console.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Sounds legit.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

PC is slowly losing favour because coders for pc games are crap, lazy and or they have to ensure so many hardware variations have to run the game good which wastes time.

They as more expensive platforms are more powerful but if console manufacturers released something of equal power what you get is better experience on console.

That won't happen now since they want to appeal to casuals these days. Why else did MS emphasise tv and waggle control gimmicks with kinect so hard? Answer:They wanted to get your mum dad and kids to play party games.

pc > console when console manufacturers goes for masses.
console > pc when console manufacturers aim at hardcore gamers and developers release titles specifically for that platform and polish the shit out of the game.

Having code designed from the ground up only to work on the specific hardware will always be better than generic shit off the shelf assuming coders are ambitious enough to make the tools for the specific games they make. But what you see today is one engine being used and getting slight upgrades which isn't as good. (eg elder scrolls still using old engines)

It's a combination of being lazy as a coder, less skilled, wanting to rush games out for deadline, politics (eg ubisoft nerfing the beauty of pc versions on purpose) and pc hardware having to run software other than the game itself (wasting resources on non-game-related tasks) which makes console attractive still as consoles are for games only and bloated code stands out way more. You get better quality checking as a consumer buying software on console too imo. But its just that in this gen they seem to have wanted to save money and that's why pc is attractive again.
Normally you won't find games made by jaanese deveopers ported to pc, but as the japanese game industry turns more western (metal gear series is going open world now) you will see games that were usually console focused being ported to the pc platform too which is a big no-go zone because of piracy. It doesn't mean pc is better to work with. It's just that releasing your game to as many platforms known to man boosts profits and exposure of the game series, so this is making pc attractive once more. (making one generic engine, then releasing to everything is the norm now)

There is also the issue of scope. Small games work best on machine with limits. You don't want to see low detailed and low poly graphic on high end machines. You are just better off making bigger game in the first place because a small game must compete with high end titles with good graphics so you don't want your game to look bad on the high end platform. A simple title with good-enough graphics on limited power platforms will probably appeal more to people than that same game on a high end platform where reviewers will criticise it for having bad graphics compared to larger titles with big budgets that are resource-hungry games which max out the power of the platform. The same game might get 8-10 on console (less power meaning the developers can say they worked hard to get it as good as they could on shit system) but receive 6 on pc due to scope of the game (small environments, few npcs onscreen at once etc for a pc game) and outdated visuals. (why do you think COD can still get scores of 9s despite being average gameplay and the same old engine every year?)

Businesses just want to recycle old shit to save money and focus on making new content, so they stick to old formulas instead of start from scratch with each new sequel. People have gotten used to that which is why games feel so stale. (not much difference between the visuals of one game to its newer release. I call this the .5 upgrade syndrome)
The result is games that feel more polished and refined but from technology view it's not enough reason to pay full price since they have not advanced enough fro last release for you to want to buy day 1. (because games feel overpriced until console hardware makes big leaps from last gen for the masses to notice the difference and buy the new shiny machine) But businesses love being lazy if it means they can still rake in money so they don't mind keeping us primitive in the hope we don't notice the games are not improving enough between sequels. (eg saints row 2 was richer than saint's row 3, and saints row 4 is just an expansion pack of saints row 3. Dragon Age 2 wasn't as good as dragon age 1. People notice that shit)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Downgrades await. :lol:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yep, different lighting conditions, time of day = downgrade. Plus we get the tiny compressed images lestat is know for ;)

[Click to see hidden content]
i know you got this from GAF

I have the 2GB video from gamersyde on my ipad. It's a real pants opener, particularly the cut scene at the end with the close ups.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

A larger one for you to ponder over... :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's always easy to nitpick at stills, lestat should know, he's been doing it since the Dreamcast days. :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

And Sony's been misleading gamers since the Dreamcast days. Some things never change. :D

60fps captured directly :rollin:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Still have faith that Naughty Dog will create a great game and carry on the good Uncharted name, unlike 343 with the Halo franchise :/
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I played a bit of Uncharted on my Vita when I first bought it. Gotta say, what a shit boring tired game that was. I don't understand the hype for it.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

That was a bad Uncharted game.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

flipswitch wrote:Yep, different lighting conditions, time of day = downgrade. Plus we get the tiny compressed images lestat is know for ;)

[Click to see hidden content]
i know you got this from GAF

I have the 2GB video from gamersyde on my ipad. It's a real pants opener, particularly the cut scene at the end with the close ups.
Yep, the gamersyde video shows how spectacular the game is.

But it's fair to look at this so far from two perspectives -

1. It looks amazing, better than anything else on PS4 and obviously XBONE
2. Naughty Dog deserve to cop shit after E3
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's not a full game. Please wait until they have to put in enemies and other things.

Remember in the old days when crash bandicoot was all the rage because it was technically accomplished game on ps1? Gameplay wise it sucked compared to mario 64 because you only ran in a straight line only and couldn't go backwards. Just because something looks nice doesn't mean it's awesome as a game. Notice how you don't see much fighting? Same issue with zelda: big areas and long draw distance with no action and just trees and forest. (everyone died i a global catastrophe and you are the only living thing that exists - boring)

people always hype triple A titles based on looks (so they can say their company is winning the console wars) then complain they were tricked by demos and shit. It's hilarious.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

mech wrote:That was a bad Uncharted game.
Indeed played it for about 20 minutes and lost interest.
Uncharted needs to be played on a big screen, just doesn't transfer to hand held. It's like watching an big epic movie on a phone.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I actually enjoyed the Vita version apart from the QTE end boss battle. Looked great on the Vita.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Most people instinctively want the Vita to die because they love their phones and don't want dedicated hand held game devices.
Much like PC gamers wanting consoles to fail because they have a pc and don't want to buy a console to play the games on it.

I feel sorry for Vita. So much potential and there is still no Street Fighter 4 Ultra port for it:

all we got is this and umvc3:
(bought this to play on the bus BTW. This is a perfect game for feminist gamers to highlight since it's only girls in it and no boys. As we all know violence against women is ok if it's another woman doing it but not a weak man)

Can't you get Zoey Quinn to bang some sony and capcom executives to persuade them to port SF4 to vita? Doesn't your mum work for sony tomby? Surely you can pull some strings to get the vita a port of the game? Sony has financed SF5 ffs. Capcom owes them.

-Rayman Legends - exclusive to wii u. Then it gets ported to every system known to man including Vita.
-Street Fighter 4 not exclusive to jack shit. (even 3DS gets a port) Doesn't get ported to Vita. Even though UMVC came to it.

Retards run these companies. The portable has the best controls even better than the default dpads of the home consoles! Why aren't you pissed off like me? The more systems SF appears on, the better the sales of fighting games overall. Uncharted has an excuse for not being suitable on portable since its more of a home game franchise. SF? It's an arcadey fighter so its perfect for portable play due to battery life of the machines being shit.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So GH is a feminist gamer. Well that clears a few things up.