Uncharted 4

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by Rorschach »

That looks damn good, can't wait to play it. If I was pixel peeping I would knock the "jaggies!1" on the shadows but those screens are awesome.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

ND are the best, hands down.
flipswitch
que
que

Uncharted 4

Post by flipswitch »

Rorschach wrote:That looks damn good, can't wait to play it. If I was pixel peeping I would knock the "jaggies!1" on the shadows but those screens are awesome.
Yup, but this is a gameplay shot not cutscene so they don't have much control over the scene.Apparently the game is jaggy free.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

If ya going to price match with Eb, they might knock you back cause their version of Uncharted is an exclusive, it comes with an interchangeable cover
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Is that true GameHED?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Well if they won't, I'll just go to Target since it's in the same shopping centre for $69.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

guttermouth wrote:If ya going to price match with Eb, they might knock you back cause their version of Uncharted is an exclusive, it comes with an interchangeable cover
lol what a wank.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I did pre order there using my trades but if they won't price match I will go to target and purchase there then keep that money for another game. Not really interested in a game sleeve for $30 extra.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

With things going more digital, does anyone really care or fuss about boxes anymore? I only buy physical now if I plan to trade/resell it, couldn't give a stuff about packaging.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Target didn't have any in at the moment so I went to EB and they price matched.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

lestat wrote:With things going more digital, does anyone really care or fuss about boxes anymore? I only buy physical now if I plan to trade/resell it, couldn't give a stuff about packaging.
I would be happy to go full digital, but when games are 30 bucks more than retail, it really makes it hard
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yep same here. I do buy a lot of digital on pic/console but only when it's a decent price.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

UC4 digital is $79 which isn't too steep. Game is quite large though which is why I went retail.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just bet the prologue, now in drakes attic and house. Jaw dropping. I don't want to spoil anything :)
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

About 2 hours in the best thing in a video game EVER happens! I couldn't get the smile off my face!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

ND....are REALLY the best.

Digital Foundry jizzed everywhere in their technical analysis.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

So it turns out there is a button hidden on the front of the PS4 with a sort of "triangle with a line under it" design. I tried pressing it, and a weird circular thing with "Destiny" written on it just slid straight out of the console! It was quite a shock. At first I thought I'd broken it, as I could no longer connect to the Destiny servers, but it turns out you can put circular things with different words written on them in the PS4, and different games appear on the screen. I've decided to try "Unchartered Fore", since I enjoyed Everybody's Golf.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Well I'm 10 chapters in and so far loving it. Game looks quite unbelievable actually. PS4 has no right to look this good. I must admit, I have noticed quite a few drops in frame rate around chapters 8 and 9, but nothing worrying at all. It's about as severe as Tomb Raider was on Xbone released end 2015.
In fact Tomb Raider is the only console game I can think of that looks half as good as Uncharted 4. Difference is the aiming in Uncharted has almost zero lag. And as far as I know Tomb Raider still isn't fixed on xbone.

Anyway, 10 chapters in and I'm dying to see what happens next. Why is this Drake's last adventure? What happens to him? Maybe nothing... Maybe something? I'm seriously loving it and so far, it's giving me the same sense of wonder as the original did back on the PS3! So far best game this gen by a fair margin. Still a long time way to go but enjoying the journey.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yep, I'm only 6 chapters in but it's pretty amazing so far. That sequence around the 2hr mark is so good! :up:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'm at the start of chapter6, and it seems like a good place to stop for the night.
This game is a bit alright eh? :up:
RIGHTEOUS FURY
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

So far.......WOW
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Yep that's about the only word required to describe this game....Wow

I'm gobsmacked every new environment I've seen so far.

Despite the fact it's running at 30fps it wouldn't look all that out of place if you said it was a master race game on ultra settings.

ND are geniuses !
2nd place is the first loser....

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Had to postpone my purchase as need to focus on finding work and a car before I can start relaxing with gaming again.

Bit jelly of your posts though, would be nice to experience it at the same time as everyone else.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

t0mby wrote:Had to postpone my purchase as need to focus on finding work and a car before I can start relaxing with gaming again.

Bit jelly of your posts though, would be nice to experience it at the same time as everyone else.
Life gets in the way sometimes. You'll get to play it and enjoy it though. It's an experience you won't soon forget...
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Kangawallaby wrote: Despite the fact it's running at 30fps it wouldn't look all that out of place if you said it was a master race game on ultra settings.
Except master racers are running ultra @ 60fps. 30fps looks very out of place. ;)

Interesting, another forum I frequent has criticized the game heavily for having way to much walking and talking, user reviews on metacritic are painting a similar picture. I guess people are enjoying the cinematics here. ;)