Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Uncharted 4

Post by MiNiStRy »

New gameplay footage is out and God damn does this look awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2cL-pp6p8#t=64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by itch »

Looks great.

The number of PS4 only games that intrigue me keeps piling up.
-------------------------------------
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Looks like an uncharted game. 30 Hurtz too.

Was it here where I called the 60fps claims BS at initial reveal. ;)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

If they can't managed 60fps just lock it to 30fps. Pre-alpha and 10months of dev time left. I think it's running fine how it is, but then you go back from 60fps game to 30fps and the difference is very noticeable.

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

flipswitch wrote:If they can't managed 60fps just lock it to 30fps. Pre-alpha and 10months of dev time left. I think it's running fine how it is, but then you go back from 60fps game to 30fps and the difference is very noticeable.
To hit locked 60fps you gotta be running that now, even at 30fps there were a lot of frame drops. Safe to say they'll just lock it at 30fps and push the eye candy as hard as they can.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yeah, locked 60fps should always be a day1 design choice. Aiming for 60fps isn't.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

The foliage and water effects look really good Lets hope we at least get an unlocked frame rate like the last of us remastered.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'd prefer a locked 30 and all the prettiness that brings over unlocked or probably-not-actually-60. Certainly in the case of an Uncharted game. Trailer looks nice, we'll see how it turns out.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The 1080p/60fps on Uncharted was always bullshit from the start. Like gamma said 30fps locked with all that Uncharted prettiness to its max
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Looks awesome! I can't wait for this game! Though Drakes' character model looks a bit off. The face just doesn't look right even if he's supposed to be older.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

At least he ditched the scarf of adventure. Maybe he saw Sonic in it and thought twice about wearing it.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I don't know this looks so good I'm not sure I could run it at 30 fps on my rig.

It's like with Far Cry 4 they can use low level language to pump out AA that is too expensive on PC.

I guess a 970 or two will fix that though.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

itch wrote:I don't know this looks so good I'm not sure I could run it at 30 fps on my rig.

It's like with Far Cry 4 they can use low level language to pump out AA that is too expensive on PC.

I guess a 970 or two will fix that though.
Dx12, power has nothing to with it. Far cry 4 runs 60fps with details cranked with around 60-70% gpu util on my 970. HRAA requires access to interpolators within the pixel shader which will be in dx12.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Ah, that's good news.

It's not really happening now though?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote: Dx12, power has nothing to with it. Far cry 4 runs 60fps with details cranked with around 60-70% gpu util on my 970. HRAA requires access to interpolators within the pixel shader which will be in dx12.

Based on that video I linked the other day about the Godrays FC4. on PC struggles to run any frame rate consistently. Frames were all over the shop. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Oh, right.

'Gameplay'
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

The two things I hated most about being a PC gamer were:

1) Random hitches all over the place. Because the game wasn't optimized specifically for your setup, it would run great, then not. You could never get a sustained decent framerate unless you ran the whole thing way under spec.

2) Which leads to the second issue - constantly fucking with the settings. I spent hours with each game playing with the settings, doing benchmarks, finding driver updates and patches, trying to optimize. Not even being given the OPTION of worrying about that on console is so great.

It's a bit different now - PC games tend to target console configs, and run great with fairly stock hardware. Not the case all the time though, and if that's the case - why not just play it on a console anyway, with a huge TV and 5.1 and sitting comfortably?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Well, aside from your TV arguments (ever heard of an HDMI cable?) I'm inclined to agree. Although it's usually isolated to a couple of problem developers (ubisoft for example)

Right now though I can play BF4 at 75 hz, I have an Oculus Rift, I have a huge library of extremely good games that were extremely cheap or free and I have my choice of controllers and or keyboard and mouse.

Bit of a no brainer really.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Good call really, make it look shit hot at 30fps... That's an acceptable frame rate for a game like this.

Btw... Ryse looks better :)
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Seriously though, I've never understood how anybody who ever ragged on Sonic Adventure 2's on-rails gameplay could like these games.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

mech wrote:The two things I hated most about being a PC gamer were:

1) Random hitches all over the place. Because the game wasn't optimized specifically for your setup, it would run great, then not. You could never get a sustained decent framerate unless you ran the whole thing way under spec.

2) Which leads to the second issue - constantly fucking with the settings. I spent hours with each game playing with the settings, doing benchmarks, finding driver updates and patches, trying to optimize. Not even being given the OPTION of worrying about that on console is so great.

It's a bit different now - PC games tend to target console configs, and run great with fairly stock hardware. Not the case all the time though, and if that's the case - why not just play it on a console anyway, with a huge TV and 5.1 and sitting comfortably?
With the power gap these days I find you don't need to fuck around with setting as much, you can just crank and the games run pretty solid 60fps. It's not all utopia and flawless 60fps games, some games still have hitches usually related to loading/streaming, but it's better than console games that constantly fall below 30fps and still have similar hitching/loading issues (GTA5).

You can also use tools like GeForce experience which set the settings optimally based off an online database to make life easier now.

It's interesting using overlayed gpu util tools, very interesting to see how gpu util can jump from 30% to 80% very quickly, game scene/shader complexity varies so much in modern games, it's why it becomes increasingly hard to deliver locked experiences, this is why I generally aim for 50-60% gpu util for the game settings I tweak, to handle those spikes.

Playing through TLOU now, the face models in that look very similar to uncharted, they're excellent. 60fps is butter smooth, 30fps is acceptable for games like this but you can't beat the lifelike smoothness 60fps brings. It's a shame we never see this games appear on PC like we do with some xbox exclusives. Ryse @ 60fps/1080p is beautiful. :drool:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Scullibundo wrote:Seriously though, I've never understood how anybody who ever ragged on Sonic Adventure 2's on-rails gameplay could like these games.
I'm with you, everyone was cradling on about uc2, but I found it extremely boring, the shit at the start with the train was ever the top bullshit levels, drake almost dies a dozen times.
Then I found the gunplay was just shit.

I think everyone for wound up over the visuals which were amazing
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I love the Uncharted games. Visually this video does little for me, especially considering the huge downgrade from what was shown at E3. This kind of reminds me of Killzone 2....
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

But didn't KZ2 look better than the initial reveal? I know everyone thought the intro was all bs but the final product looked just as good.

I wasn't expecting much from U4 and it delivered. There was no way ND would show any epic scenes to the public, maybe behind closed doors.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.