Uncharted 4

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by Rorschach »

Played the first 6 chapters on a friend's PS4, very pretty but very much on rails. I will still buy it when I get back but hoping the rest of the game is more open.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I'm just about to hit 8hrs, played just a little today, most of it was done yesterday.

Unbiased opinion on gameplay. MGSV does it better. There's no crouch button, you can't go prone and you can't even run which is a bummer.
To mark opponents like you do in MGSV , you have to aim your weapon then click L3 or R3? button. ( unless there's another way that I don't know of)

So if you're hiding in the high grass where enemies can't see you even if they're walking by you, to mark an enemy you have to aim your weapon which takes you out of the crouch position that you automatically go into in high grass, and you can be spotted.

The A.I is ok, but nothing spectacular. They go into different stages but nothing like how MGSV does it.

I think MGSV has spoiled me when I comes 3rd person shooters that incorporates stealth. It's near perfect, the controls are amazing and it runs at 60fps making everything very responsive. But for a 30fps title the shooting mechanics are very good in UC4. They've improved it over the past versions.

Game appears to be longish. Yes, in the beginning it's slow but they're just showing you the ropes( I mean that literally, you can use a rope now)

Pacing may be an issue. I would prefer it if there's more gameplay ( action, gun fights) than climbing. It comes in short bursts.

I'm probably near half way or just over. Still a very good game and I think the best is yet to come, it's just building up to it.

I'm up to chapter 10 or 11.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

guttermouth wrote:
lestat wrote:With things going more digital, does anyone really care or fuss about boxes anymore? I only buy physical now if I plan to trade/resell it, couldn't give a stuff about packaging.
I would be happy to go full digital, but when games are 30 bucks more than retail, it really makes it hard
I garuantee if everyone went digital we'd all be fucked. They'd have monopoly over the supply of game entertainment (apart from hardware sales) and prices will rise.

look at the big picture. Look at what they did for bus tickets in brisbane and forced everyone who bought a paper ticket to do: they made RFID bus fares cheaper than the paper ticket bus fares to kill off PHYSICAL RECORD KEEPING.

Why? to push cashless society shit incrementelly (from one generation to another) to get us used to fake digital-only money so that it becomes easier to erase your history when they wish and control the energy of each individual in the future. . Fuck these NWO guys... we got to find the home base of the reptilians and bomb the hideouts if we want to be left alone but you are all making excuses for them. Now you know why all those doomsday preppers are buying the gold. You can't manipulate that so easily. If you have it in possession you have the real money. If you have some stupid piece of worthless paper or some RFID chip with Sci-fi Credits, that doesn't have any intrinsic value when the people who created the fake money/currency had no intention of exchanging the thing of value which the currency you have is supposed to represent. (it's just like monopoly money and isn't the real thing of value) They alwayss have the option to break promises and lie through the manipulation of money. You are just better off owning the things the money buys or gold as that is where the actual value IS, not numbers on a computer. You never trust a snake.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

lestat wrote:
Kangawallaby wrote: Despite the fact it's running at 30fps it wouldn't look all that out of place if you said it was a master race game on ultra settings.
Except master racers are running ultra @ 60fps. 30fps looks very out of place. ;)

Interesting, another forum I frequent has criticized the game heavily for having way to much walking and talking, user reviews on metacritic are painting a similar picture. I guess people are enjoying the cinematics here. ;)
Yeah but pc doesn't have exclusive anymore like in the old days. All the pc gamess get ports to console in cut down form. But console still has exclusivity which is why candy arse hopes that one day nintendo will collapse and go third party like sega. He is poor and a pirate taking all the roms and profits from nintendo I reckon. He didn't buy Zelda TP on wii u just because the pirate version on pc exists. He is kiling developers and making it hard for people to live. This is why it's important for console to exist or all the games will get pirated in future. Nobody makes any money that way otherwise witcher 3 would have been awesome looking but they had to cut it back a bit since the market is too tiny on pc as not everyone has high end system there. (I'd wager its tiny minority) But on console you at least can't fake the image quality so much as its all just one set of tech specs.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

lestat wrote:Interesting, another forum I frequent has criticized the game heavily for having way to much walking and talking, user reviews on metacritic are painting a similar picture. I guess people are enjoying the cinematics here. ;)
Only someone who hasn't seen the Itchy and Scratchy movie would say that.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Just finished Uncharted 4. Game does have much walking, much climbing and much talking. But fuck it's so good. So very very good. I loved it. Extremely satisfying conclusion to an amazing series of games. Easily PS4's best game.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... s-clothing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eurogamer: Is Uncharted more 'walking simulator' than action game?

On paper Naughty Dog's Uncharted series is as generic as it gets. It's about a good looking white, heterosexual man going on exciting globe-trotting adventures, killing bad guys and wooing a spunky blonde reporter. On this level, it's functional at best and banal at worst. But dig deeper and it becomes clear that Naughty Dog's bombastic blockbuster series quietly had a profound effect on the medium's development over the past several years.

The first Uncharted wasn't particularly revolutionary, though it did feature some snappy dialogue and stunning visuals for its day. It was really 2009's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves where Naughty Dog really went off the rails (literally in the case of its seminal train sequence) and managed to subtly provide a proof of concept for a type of video game that was still in its embryonic stage. The genre has since come to be labelled somewhat derisively as "walking simulators" - a video game with precious little interactivity and no game-over state.

Of course The Uncharted games do have a failure state and you spend most of their running time engaged in third-person combat. On that level, they're still fairly traditional action games. But Uncharted 2 and its successors only dedicate a little over half of their running time to such mechanics. So what do you do the rest of the time?

Not a lot, interactively. Sometimes you simply watch cutscenes and have zero input whatsoever. The rest of the time you're being funnelled through intentionally frictionless scripted puzzles or button-tapping your way through automated platforming sequences. Technically you're still "playing" the game, but your agency is left out of your hands.
:lol:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

There's a fair bit of walking/climbing around/pushing down crates etc, I just wish there was more action sequences ie gun combat in this game.I'm up to chapter 12. Almost 11hrs playtime.

UC4 must be pushing the ps4 to its limits, console gets pretty loud after awhile, it usually only gets that loud when it's hot weather. Another thing, my started to eject discs agian which it hadn't done since Jan 2015. It's working now after following a video, but for how long..
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Probably long enough till the Neo! It was planned all along.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

lestat wrote:
Kangawallaby wrote: Despite the fact it's running at 30fps it wouldn't look all that out of place if you said it was a master race game on ultra settings.
Except master racers are running ultra @ 60fps. 30fps looks very out of place. ;)

Interesting, another forum I frequent has criticized the game heavily for having way to much walking and talking, user reviews on metacritic are painting a similar picture. I guess people are enjoying the cinematics here. ;)
Been away for a while, glad to see things never change. Classic lestat.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Is that your way of thanking me for keeping the place interesting? You're welcome. ;)
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Finished it last night! What a game!
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

While it would be awesome at 60fps and I'd prefer that.

The fact it looks so good and it's running on a PS4 I'm surprised that it's frame rate isn't in single figures. Credit where it's due they have done a truly amazing job with the performance given the hardware.
2nd place is the first loser....

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

It would look so much better at 60fps. Just saw a demo unit here running the 60fps preview. Actually false advertising because what you see on the demo unit is not what you end up with.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

30fps is closer to the cinematic 24fps, I see no problem.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Should be lower. Early silent films got as low at 16fps.

I think cinematic games should be 16fps with no sound.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Should be lower. Early silent films got as low at 16fps.

I think cinematic games should be 16fps with no sound.
And comes with phonograph recording of an orchestra to accompany the game play.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

This should do it
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

That's brilliant! Aha
Take note, this is how they used to do it. 1923, early sound and video recording.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

A few moments with NATHAN DRAKE

Star of 'Unchartered'
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Played some multi and it plays soooo much better at 60fps. Should of just kept the sp at 900p.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Great game!

It goes back as soon as it is finished though. Then I will be having little talk to my PS4 about its future.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Games getting interesting now, I'm enjoying it for a change. At chapter 17. I found it a chore early on in some sections.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Just finished it and I must say that I enjoyed every last second.

As a massive fan of the series this was my favorite of the lot.

Not quite ND best game, that's The Last of Us. But they are one if two devs I'd happily buy every game they release sight unseen. (the other is Rockstar North)
2nd place is the first loser....

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

cloud wrote:Played some multi and it plays soooo much better at 60fps. Should of just kept the sp at 900p.
I've been playing uncharted 2 @ 60fps and I've been having an amazing time, just about done with it, gunplay and movement feels so good @ 60fps. This is why I'll happily wait for the PS4k version @60fps, in the meantime it allows me to catch up on the previous games.